EK Predator 360mm, EK Predator 240mm or Corsair H110i GTX

Metro

Hello

I will be doing CPU water cooling and I would like to know which one I should buy, I am not sure if I will need the Predator 360mm for just the CPU

The EK Predator series only seems to come with a 1 year warranty even though the build quality is better, from the reviews the Corsair H110i GTX seems to do better than the EK Predator 240mm

What do you think, I will be doing 4.4Ghz overclock on a Intel 5930K

Thanks

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

Hello

I will be doing CPU water cooling and I would like to know which one I should buy, I am not sure if I will need the Predator 360mm for just the CPU

The EK Predator series only seems to come with a 1 year warranty even though the build quality is better, from the reviews the Corsair H110i GTX seems to do better than the EK Predator 240mm

What do you think, I will be doing 4.4Ghz overclock on a Intel 5930K

Thanks

If you want to integrate a GPU or other compoennts down the line a 360mm rad is a good base to expand on.

You can't just do a 4.4ghz OC it's a silicon lottery you don't know specifically how much voltage you need to get to a certain clock speed and whether the temps will be stable.

But I would get EK since the build quality looks a lot better

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

If you want to integrate a GPU or other compoennts down the line a 360mm rad is a good base to expand on.

No, only the CPU

You can't just do a 4.4ghz OC it's a silicon lottery you don't know specifically how much voltage you need to get to a certain clock speed and whether the temps will be stable.

But I would get EK since the build quality looks a lot better

I did not put "try" I know I might not get 4.4Ghz just that is my aim, so it shows you I am not pushing it to the limits, as most people achieve this overclock

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

No, only the CPU

I did not put "try" I know I might not get 4.4Ghz just that is my aim, so it shows you I am not pushing it to the limits, as most people achieve this overclock

For CPU a 140mm 240mm is enough a 360mm would give more cooling capacity at higher loads, but the difference between the Corsair and EKWB cooler is it's expandable to let you add more items into the loop or do customize it more.

Edited by W-L

For CPU a 140mm is enough a 360mm would give more cooling capacity at higher loads, but the difference between the Corsair and EKWB cooler is it's expandable to let you add more items into the loop or do customize it more.

So if I only wanted to do CPU, do you think I should get the Corsair H110i GTX or EK Predator 240mm, the Corsair seems to have the same noise and reduces temperatures by 4c than the EK Predator 240mm (that was using a 4790K though) but the EK has better build quality with only a one year warranty compared to Corsairs 5 year warranty

So if I only wanted to do CPU, do you think I should get the Corsair H110i GTX or EK Predator 240mm, the Corsair seems to have the same noise and reduces temperatures by 4c than the EK Predator 240mm (that was using a 4790K though) but the EK has better build quality with only a one year warranty compared to Corsairs 5 year warranty

If you don't plan on watercooling your GPU or want to expand the loop the H110i Gtx would be a good choice for the CPU.

If you don't plan on watercooling your GPU or want to expand the loop the H110i Gtx would be a good choice for the CPU.

Thanks, I need someone to do a 5820K or 5930K benchmark with the EK Predator 240mm, if no one does it by early October, I will get the Corsair H110i GTX

Never mind, it seems the MSI X99 Godlike cannot use the EK Predator anyway because it has the blocked mounting holes