why does CS:GO have the worst ranking system in existence

ThatOneGuyThatFlew

I was only playing around with you dude, I'm MG2, I found getting out of the Nova ranks the hardest I've done so far

sometimes I wish I was nova 2 it's so,easy to play in and rank up in

my friend that's play with all the time had the same problem,me and him are about the same skill I just get more kills and he finally take some up but it only took him 2 weeks

I was only playing around with you dude, I'm MG2, I found getting out of the Nova ranks the hardest I've done so far

As Fluff stated, i also struggled in GNM for the longest time out of any other rank, in comparison, i flew out out of Silver ranks where i started at Silver 2.

REDLINECore i7 6700k 4.8ghz 1.37v.Noctua NH-u12s.MSI Z170A Gaming M7.16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury Black.MSI Gaming R9 390 8GB Crossfire + GTX 780 PhysX.Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD.Fractal Design Define R5 Midi Black.SeaSonic X Series 1050w Gold.Logitech G302 Deadalus Prime.Ducky DK2108 Zero Mech Cherry Blue.

sometimes I wish I was nova 2 it's so,easy to play in and rank up in

it's just a case of try, try and try again. CSGO matchmaking does have an inherent fault as regards to only matching you to your own skill, you get a lot more score towards your ranking if you play against higher ranked players, CSGO doesn't really incorporate that, it's a solid grind, all there is to say really. 

I don't know if you play solo or not, but try to throw a higher rank into your team, MGE, DMG, it'll throw you against higher ranked players, granted most will call this boosting, but I feel with CSGO matchmaking it's really the only way to move forward. 

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs. And the Universe trying to produce bigger idiots.. The Universe is winning"

(Gaming PC) CPU:- i5 4690k 3.5GHZ . MOTHERBOARD:- MSI G45 Z97 Gaming . CPU Cooler:- H100i . GPU:- ASUS Geforce GTX-780ti Direct CU II OC -x2 SLI . RAM:- 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 4x4GB . CASE:- Corsair 750D Obsidian Series . PSU:- EVGA SuperNova 850W Gold . FANS:- x3 Corsair AF120 RED LED, x2 Corsair AF120 (Red rings) .STORAGE:- Kingston V300 120GB (Boot Drive), x2 1TB WD Blues, x2 500GB Samsungs .

Spoiler

KEYBOARD:- Logitech G19. | GAMEPAD:- Logitech G13. | HEADPHONES:- Logitech G35. | MOUSE:- CM Storm Sentinel Advanced II. | JOYSTICK:- Saitek ST200. | RACING WHEEL:- Logitech Driving Force GT. | OTHER:- TrackIR 5 + Vector Clip | CounterStrike XXL Mousemat

In fact i think i was stuck in GNM for almost 100 MM wins.

REDLINECore i7 6700k 4.8ghz 1.37v.Noctua NH-u12s.MSI Z170A Gaming M7.16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury Black.MSI Gaming R9 390 8GB Crossfire + GTX 780 PhysX.Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD.Fractal Design Define R5 Midi Black.SeaSonic X Series 1050w Gold.Logitech G302 Deadalus Prime.Ducky DK2108 Zero Mech Cherry Blue.

post-104353-0-76160700-1443020972.png

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs. And the Universe trying to produce bigger idiots.. The Universe is winning"

(Gaming PC) CPU:- i5 4690k 3.5GHZ . MOTHERBOARD:- MSI G45 Z97 Gaming . CPU Cooler:- H100i . GPU:- ASUS Geforce GTX-780ti Direct CU II OC -x2 SLI . RAM:- 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 4x4GB . CASE:- Corsair 750D Obsidian Series . PSU:- EVGA SuperNova 850W Gold . FANS:- x3 Corsair AF120 RED LED, x2 Corsair AF120 (Red rings) .STORAGE:- Kingston V300 120GB (Boot Drive), x2 1TB WD Blues, x2 500GB Samsungs .

Spoiler

KEYBOARD:- Logitech G19. | GAMEPAD:- Logitech G13. | HEADPHONES:- Logitech G35. | MOUSE:- CM Storm Sentinel Advanced II. | JOYSTICK:- Saitek ST200. | RACING WHEEL:- Logitech Driving Force GT. | OTHER:- TrackIR 5 + Vector Clip | CounterStrike XXL Mousemat

it's just a case of try, try and try again. CSGO matchmaking does have an inherent fault as regards to only matching you to your own skill, you get a lot more score towards your ranking if you play against higher ranked players, CSGO doesn't really incorporate that, it's a solid grind, all there is to say really. 

I don't know if you play solo or not, but try to throw a higher rank into your team, MGE, DMG, it'll throw you against higher ranked players, granted most will call this boosting, but I feel with CSGO matchmaking it's really the only way to move forward.

I mostly solo but I do have a MG group I play with and I have a DMG I played with a few times and we tied and won the games angst the DMG and I was 2ns best played the other team had DMG and MGE ranks and ares was 1 DMG 3 MG1 and me the nova 4

yeah it's been about that for me I got in it at 108 wins I think and I'm at 186 wins now

I mostly solo but I do have a MG group I play with and I have a DMG I played with a few times and we tied and won the games angst the DMG and I was 2ns best played the other team had DMG and MGE ranks and ares was 1 DMG 3 MG1 and me the nova 4

Add me on Steam *FluffiestPond* I don't play that often anymore but when I do I roll with a MG2 to MGE Team, I'd happily tag you along if you're interested, might help you get out of your rut. 

Spoiler

Look how strange MG ranks are...

MG was the fastest ranks i have ever moved through, i have hit Legendary Eagle once, and deranked from DMG 3 times.

QZmhrHU.png

lQEGxom.png

J7ZdXJ0.jpg

Look how strange MG ranks are...

MG was the fastest ranks i have ever moved through, i have hit Legendary Eagle once, and deranked from DMG 3 times.

QZmhrHU.png

lQEGxom.png

J7ZdXJ0.jpg

I'm on my iPad so the pics don't show

would it help to play with my DMG friend and win games against people in the DMG rank I've done it before but we lose more than we win

Only if you're good enough to do so

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

You can't always just play Dust 2 as that gives you lower elo points than Agency/Office.......just saying, you may be playing some maps that are low elo compared to others.

Wrong.

OP. try to play with higher ranks as its easier to rank up. i find it easier to rank up if you just play and dont think about the rank. sounds wierd i know but it works :)

Only if you're good enough to do so

I feel like I should be maybe MGE rank DMG is harder I've played with every rank except for global elites and SMFC

I feel like I should be maybe MGE rank DMG is harder I've played with every rank except for global elites and SMFC

Well then if you're up to the challenge, I'd say find some MGE people, because honestly MGE is MG with more shit talking...

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

Wrong.

OP. try to play with higher ranks as its easier to rank up. i find it easier to rank up if you just play and dont think about the rank. sounds wierd i know but it works :)

yeah when I'm trying for my rank and I know (think) I'm close to ranking up because I win a lot I. A row and do good i I start losing even by 1 I get mad because I know if I lose I'll have to win 2 more games to get back to that and I'm not being gib headed but it's mostly my teams fault because they fuck around or they don't do good plays like run when they should walk and stuff

Wrong.

Unless your that good to play in higher ranks, not really a good idea. Your just letting yourself and team down if you just play with higher ranks because your going to lose rounds and not get much kills if you cannot handle yourself with higher ranks.

Unless your that good to play in higher ranks, not really a good idea. Your just letting yourself and team down if you just play with higher ranks because your going to lose rounds and not get much kills if you cannot handle yourself with higher ranks.

I can up to DMG with out being the shit person on the team for the most part

im not talking about a silver playing with globals, if hes nova 4 not much different playing with  mg2.

It took me only 5 days to rank up from GN2 to GNM by playing Dust 2 only.....must be different for everyone.

But elo is different for everybody, some may be on the verge of ranking up and some aren't. GNM to MG1 is like on of the hardest places to rank up, like DMG to LE......or just wait for VAC wave. 

Can verify that, took me forever to rank from GNM to MG1

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

im not talking about a silver playing with globals, if hes nova 4 not much different playing with mg2.

You probs don't know how it takes to rank up from gnm to mg1. Sure it might be that different but the elo in than range is higher.

You probs don't know how it takes to rank up from gnm to mg1. Sure it might be that different but the elo in than range is higher.

ive been playing cs for a long time, i know  ;)