Why is the Windows Phone hacking community so small?

KarateHottie93

I don't get it. The things you can do through rooting and jailbreaking are pretty amazing. Not near on Androids level but way closer than iOS or BlackBerry. In Windows Phone 8 with Samsung devices you were able to bypass tethering limits via rooting. Some guy on XDA even managed to run Android on his 920. Those are just examples of what can be done when people try. It seems like the possiblties will be even bigger when Windows 10 rolls out to the public.

Is it just so small because the community for Windows Phone as a whole is?

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!

Why are their almost no malware for linux

same reason

no demand 

pretty much, no one bothers hacking Winphone because no one uses it

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I thought jailbreaking was made illegal on windows phones.

idk tho

Why are their almost no malware for linux

same reason

no demand 

Because people don't care enough to create it is my guess. I have ran several distros and installed many via code. I still don't believe that no back door shit. Nothing can be that secure.

Not much point, really.

Barely anyone has one. It's either iOS or Android, usually.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

Because no one buys Windows phones

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

they just came out, give them sometime, they will become bigger soon

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

they just came out, give them sometime, they will become bigger soon

Lol that's what I said for years when Windows Phone 7 rolled out and it was still a dead OS.

Why would you? There's no reason to because Windows Phone still only has 2.25% of the market.

Do you understand? Symbian is still larger than Windows Phone.

Unless Windows phone grew in the last 8 months.

Lol that's what I said for years when Windows Phone 7 rolled out and it was still a dead OS.

wait, how long have they been out? i thought they were first released, at the start of this year

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

Because no one buys Windows phones

I've been intrigued by your AV since I joined the forums. I have two guesses for what it stands for.

1. You're 75% black and 25% white. You painted a picture of yourself if you were 100% black and another of yourself if you were 50/50. Then you conjoined them in your AV to equal you being 75/25.

2. It's a painting of you and a possible bf?

Sorry lol...I gots to know.

So wait, how do you put android on your windows phone?

CPU - FX-8350 / GPU - r9 390 / RAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance / Storage - Samsung Evo 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD / Case - Fractal Design R5 / PSU - Corsair HX750i / MOBO - ASRock Extreme4

wait, how long have they been out? i thought they were first released, at the start of this year

It started in 1996 lol. They were Windows Mobile and competed with players like BlackBerry, Palm, and Symbian.

In 2010 the completely redesigned their OS to be a casual instead of business oriented interface and compete with Android and iOS. That was the birth of the Metro UI Windows Phone we have now.

So wait, how do you put android on your windows phone?

Couldn't tell you but it's been done on at least one Windows Phone 8  device. It was done a few times on Windows Phone 7 devices.

It started in 1996 lol. They were Windows Mobile and competed with players like BlackBerry, Palm, and Symbian.

In 2010 the completely redesigned their OS to be a casual instead of business oriented interface and compete with Android and iOS. That was the birth of the Metro UI Windows Phone we have now.

oh, ok, i thought they just recently were released

Spoiler

To be honest because there isn't anything to really Jailbreak for on a windows phone. It's kinda uesless.

The only thing that's good about windows phone is the free office, onenote and the GBA emulator.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

To be honest because there isn't anything to really Jailbreak for on a windows phone. It's kinda uesless.

The only thing that's good about windows phone is the free office, onenote and the GBA emulator.

That's pretty dumb to say. As somebody with a still somewhat high end Android phone in the Z3 and a 1520 Windows Phone, I prefer Windows phone way more. It's simply a more fluid OS. I couldn't care less what anyone says. I love the Sony overlay cause it's as close to being stock Android as you can get. It's slower though than a Windows Phone device spec for spec. Apart from the beta bugs that gap only gets faster with Windows 10. Of course you can root your phone and change your overlay but that almost never comes without some sort of problems...main one being echos for the person on the other end of the call. Also, please don't even get me started on the Samsung overlay and S' lag.

I do agree that there aren't as many reasons to jailbreak a Windows Phone, with the first being that you are guaranteed a fluid UI out the box.

Also it has plenty of features that make it better for myself other than what you listed. By the way they are subject to opinion, of course.

Live tile updates

Best email app

Best non Sony music app

By far best camera app

eBay app is setup nice

The only thing I personally like more about Android of the box is a far better Skype app, which is sad considering who owns it.

I've been intrigued by your AV since I joined the forums. I have two guesses for what it stands for.

1. You're 75% black and 25% white. You painted a picture of yourself if you were 100% black and another of yourself if you were 50/50. Then you conjoined them in your AV to equal you being 75/25.

2. It's a painting of you and a possible bf?

Sorry lol...I gots to know.

Theyre two rappers...

J. Cole being on the left and Kendrick Lamar on the right.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Theyre two rappers...

J. Cole being on the right and Kendrick Lamar on the left.

Oh haha. Thanks for clearing that up after all this time.

I would say that most people in the world (the gamers) would use PC or mac to do their gaming or hacking.