What kind of ship do you have?

QuadNine

I have been wanting to get into Star Citizen for a while now, and was wondering what ships you guys have, and what you guy recommend that I get. I am willing to pay at most 100$ but I would really like to spend less. 
Thanks!

SHAMEFUL DISPRAY

300i

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

325A and Constellation Andromeda (P-52 Merlin included)! :D

I was thinking of getting the 325A, how good is it at dogfights and such?

SHAMEFUL DISPRAY

I highly recommend the avenger. it is a very good balance ship. decent fire power, shields and armor and its relatively quick. another good option is 325A which is faster and a little more balanced in firepower on all mounts where as the avenger comes with a big nose gun and smaller wing guns.

I was thinking of getting the 325A, how good is it at dogfights and such?

I was playing with and against our org members last night and as of this moment, for pure dog fighting, the 325A has no chance unfortunately. (Mind you that the field was swarming with Avengers because of the free test week going on right now ;))

I was thinking of upgrading the 325A to a Gladius, but I have to try that one first.

Pro's of the 325a are that it has some cargo space, maneuverability is good/great and the amount of afterburner/boost you have is surprisingly positive (compared to the Avenger, I ran out of it constantly yesterday, whereas I don't even come close to half with the 325a)

Weapons wise, the Omnomnomski's equipped on it can tear a serious new one, but they fire slow. Same goes for the Sledge II, speed wise. (do keep in mind that the 300 series are being reworked at the moment, who knows how the might be after.)

An alternative could be the Avenger, like @Adreyu suggested.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

I was playing with and against our org members last night and as of this moment, for pure dog fighting, the 325A has no chance unfortunately. (Mind you that the field was swarming with Avengers because of the free test week going on right now ;))

I was thinking of upgrading the 325A to a Gladius, but I have to try that one first.

Pro's of the 325a are that it has some cargo space, maneuverability is good/great and the amount of afterburner/boost you have is surprisingly positive (compared to the Avenger, I ran out of it constantly yesterday, whereas I don't even come close to half with the 325a)

Weapons wise, the Omnomnomski's equipped on it can tear a serious new one, but they fire slow. Same goes for the Sledge II, speed wise. (do keep in mind that the 300 series are being reworked at the moment, who knows how the might be after.)

An alternative could be the Avenger, like @Adreyu suggested.

I havent had problems when ive used it but yeah the avenger is a great ship. id love to be able to recommend a mustang but they still need to fix the shields

I am a conny Taurus owner. I am happy with it for now but as soon as they put that Carrack (missed flash sale CRY CRY CRY) and 890 jump on sale it can get the f out of my hanger ;)

-snip-

I havent had problems when ive used it but yeah the avenger is a great ship. id love to be able to recommend a mustang but they still need to fix the shields

Has the M50 came out yet? It seems like one helluva ship

SHAMEFUL DISPRAY

M50 is flyable, yes. It's crazy fast, but no missiles and weak-ish weapons (stock).

Compare it to that annoying fly buzzing around your head, but who's impossible to catch.

M50 is flyable, yes. It's crazy fast, but no missiles and weak-ish weapons (stock).

Compare it to that annoying fly buzzing around your head, but who's impossible to catch.

So I can switch out the weapons for something that packs a bit more of a punch?

SHAMEFUL DISPRAY

So I can switch out the weapons for something that packs a bit more of a punch?

There's a size limit to the weapons it can mount, so they can only be so strong. That said, the ship is so fast, and has such a small profile (only the merlin is smaller, and even that's a marginal difference), that with any sort of half decent firepower equipped, the m50 in the hands of a good pilot is a nightmare to fight against.

Beyond that, if you want a sub $100 dogfighter, the gladius gets my shout, or the mustang delta as a cheaper alternative when its on sale again (assuming its shield bug is fixed by then!).

If you want something more multipurpose, then the avenger might be the better choice for you, or even something in the 300 series (the base 300i, the 315p and the 325a are all identical in terms of what the ship can *potentially* do, only their loadout/store supplied equipment changes).

As for what I have.... let's not go there. My SC account is almost on par with my pc cost, as a point of reference.

praise my girl more

:)

They removed the missiles?

Oh whoops, the M50 has missiles? I wasn't aware of that, I thought it didn't have any :)

If it is your first pledge I'd recommend to just spend the 45 (or with promotion <39) USD on one of the two basic game packages with Squadron 42 Campaign and Persistent Universe as well as Arena Commander Pass. (whilst Arena Commander is the only thing that's playable yet. Keep that in mind.)

They will have something Ship-sale-wise coming for the Citizen Con on October 10th so watch out for that!
(And you can even 'melt' your previous purchases for 'Store Credit' which can be applied towards future purchases in the Store so you can always change your mind later on)

If you want to pledge more for your Game package You can use this as a guide for your first Package. (all rounded Squares are Hyperlinks to the RSI Site.)

But no matter what you chose in the end you can always (cross chassis) upgrade later on (as long as it's prior to launch)
This Site is a great tool for showing you how to get from Ship A to B and what the upgrade will cost overall ;)

The Module Passes exist because all of it until now is still (pre) Alpha testing which they had a limited number of slots for (Server-time costs money) and that is their way of coping for more people. Anyone not having a package with the general Alpha Access will probably also have to (early) gain access to Star marine in the same way. (via an additional Pass).

Currently the cheapest Packages (with both Squadron 42 Campaign and Persistent Universe access) are:
30$ with no access to anything prior to Launch (apart from the Website and maybe your Hangar)
35$ with access to the Beta
45$ with access to the Beta and instant access to Arena Commander

I started backing the project in late 2012 (when they didn't even have a Company to build it with yet) and have spent an amount in the higher 4digits since and have Idris-M, 890Jump, Carrack and the like on my Account (although my in-game Hangar is completely empty because none of them are even Hangar ready ;) ) you can still acquire all of them in-game once it's launched.

It won't necessarily be easy, especially for alien ships, but it will be possible. You have to have some goals, right? ^^
You should never pledge more than you feel comfortable with. Just get the smallest Package that you want (probably the 45$ one) and see if you like what's there.
If you do you can still upgrade either your whole 'Package' or just upgrade your Ship.

Never laugh about someone who takes a step back: He might take a run-up!

-snip-

So if I wanted to get the game and play Arena Commander now, I would have to get the 45$ pass with the Mustang or Aurora, then get another ship that I want?

I was also REALLY interested in the M50, are they not selling those anymore?

SHAMEFUL DISPRAY

None. Chris Roberts will see my money when i see a finished product..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

So if I wanted to get the game and play Arena Commander now, I would have to get the 45$ pass with the Mustang or Aurora, then get another ship that I want?

I was also REALLY interested in the M50, are they not selling those anymore?

Don't quote me on this, but I think the M50 is one of the more limited ships which are only available during special sales.

Don't quote me on this, but I think the M50 is one of the more limited ships which are only available during special sales.

Aww, well I hope that they sell again soon

SHAMEFUL DISPRAY

None. Chris Roberts will see my money when i see a finished product..

As I've said: don't spend more than you're comfortable with and waiting until it's finished to see what it is then instead of guesstimating it now is the safer route. :)

Huehuehue, I'm doing it anyway! ;)

Yes, the M50 is currently not available in the pledge store but will probably be available again during the Anniversary sale during the CitizenCon I mentioned.

And always keel in mind that it, as any other ship, will also be available to be acquired in-game once it launches. ;)

Never laugh about someone who takes a step back: He might take a run-up!

If you are just wanting to get in and play just pick up a cheap Aurora package. You could then do a cross-chassis upgrade later if you want to go for a different ship. Also, they regularly do free-weekends for players to try-out/test different ships.

The M50 is really fun to fly... Although so are all the ships. 

And if you must know...

-LTI Banu Merchantman

-LTI Super Hornet

-LTI M50

-LTI Reclaimer

-LTI Vanguard

LTT Unigine SUPERPOSITION scoreboardhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvq_--P35FbqY8Iv_jn3YZ_7iP1I_hR0_vk7DjKsZgI/edit#gid=0

Intel i7 8700k || ASUS Z370-I ITX || AMD Radeon VII || 16GB 4266mhz DDR4 || Silverstone 800W SFX-L || 512GB 950 PRO M.2 + 3.5TB of storage SSD's

SCHIIT Lyr 3 Multibit || HiFiMAN HE-1000 V2 || MrSpeakers Ether C

its really not unless you only want to race

its really not unless you only want to race

Although probably really inefficient it may be a good point to point ship or for traveling to a ship from a planet as a shuttle.