[Project Log] REINFORCED - TUF - Z170 Sabertooth - 980Ti SLI

50mm

I didn't test it yet, but for me this is no problem. I'm currently running 16 gigs of ddr4 2133MHz corsair lpx in my main rig and the difference between faster ram and this one is too small to upgrade. As far as i know higher clocked RAM will clock down to 2400MHz if you use it in the Sabertooth

Yeah, it should act the same as 1866MHz RAM in a 1600 slot, clock down to the appropriate speeds, otherwise it needs to be set in BIOS to the lower value that is supported.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

I didn't test it yet, but for me this is no problem. I'm currently running 16 gigs of ddr4 2133MHz corsair lpx in my main rig and the difference between faster ram and this one is too small to upgrade. As far as i know higher clocked RAM will clock down to 2400MHz if you use it in the Sabertooth

I read a review and people are able to run higher clock ram.. i think it not official supported but i think it should work. 

Magical Pineapples

nevLWtj.jpg

Update

hi again, today i want to show you my first design for the new 980ti backplate!
the brighter parts will be decals which create another layer, i hope you like it :)

aH3dgxM.jpg

I tried to take the design of the Motherboard fortifier and use it on the backplates, i think it turned out pretty well.
Also my acrylic sheets arived, these will be used for the in and outside of the case, stay tuned!

jVYa9TS.jpg

Yeah, it should act the same as 1866MHz RAM in a 1600 slot, clock down to the appropriate speeds, otherwise it needs to be set in BIOS to the lower value that is supported.

That's what i think will happen

I read a review and people are able to run higher clock ram.. i think it not official supported but i think it should work.

If i get higher clocked ram for my x99 build i'll put it in the sabertooth to test it

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

nevLWtj.jpg

Update

Yeah i know, didn't update this for nearly 3 weeks now. Had some other stuff to do, but i still have worked a bit on the mod.

First i bought a Dremel DSM20, great tool to cut acrylic!

bcUEZz0.jpg

And i worked on the backplate design, i think the first one was too boring, tell me what you think

tnWcW0B.jpg

I'll do my best to start working on the waterloop at the weekend.

Cheers! :)

Like it as is with the clean geometrical design, but is the big cutout necessary for the 980ti? I think it kind of takes away from the clean asethetic of the rest.

I like good humans and good food

nevLWtj.jpg

Update

Like it as is with the clean geometrical design, but is the big cutout necessary for the 980ti? I think it kind of takes away from the clean asethetic of the rest.

I took it from the original backplate, want to show the GPU fortifier and there are screws so i need holes anyway.

nubcustoms.com CNC milled them and sent me some photos, cant wait to receive them next week! :)

kb80T8a.jpg

TWxmaxw.jpg

UXs9kYo.jpg

kmy43p6.jpg

Going to post another update tomorrow, cheers! :D

Looks good, maybe ltt noctua's once they make the second batch?

s t u f f

Spoiler

i7-5960x | 32Gb 2400Mhz | Titan Xp | Define R6 | Custom Loop

I'm pretty sure the dark gray doesn't pop enough in real life.  It's hard to notice in the picture unless you are looking for it.

I'm pretty sure the dark gray doesn't pop enough in real life.  It's hard to notice in the picture unless you are looking for it.

I have no Problems to see the Grey :D You might wanna see the Doc ;)

He's using black, dark grey, light grey, and orange.  I'm saying that the dark grey is harder to appreciate next to the black.

nevLWtj.jpg

Update

It looks nice, the orange accent goes well with the accents on the board, and gives a nice contrast to a lot of the dark cables.

Looks good, maybe ltt noctua's once they make the second batch?

He's using black, dark grey, light grey, and orange.  I'm saying that the dark grey is harder to appreciate next to the black.

Thank you guys, going to order the sleeve now, i'll take a look at the new Noctua fans though.

This week the postman brought me something great!

W9HAgB0.jpg

Number 2 and a ROG SLI Bridge :)
Big thanks to ASUS!

Loving the build and how it is progressing! Can I ask though what sort of radiator clearance (in mm) the front and top have for 360? I can't find it anywhere online.

Thanks! I can take a look tomorrow, you're talking about thickness, right?

Yep! It looks around like 60-100mm but I can't really tell!

nevLWtj.jpg

Update

Just going to drop this here ..

PecK9C6.jpg

eego0wA.jpg

XAp2NHO.jpg

joM1WBd.jpg

zM0Kliz.jpg

bIf21Da.jpg

2Axekm2.jpg

voCexrB.jpg

v0BpkiS.jpg

Yep! It looks around like 60-100mm but I can't really tell!

seems like you're right, i'll open the case tomorrow and measure it, need some sleep right now :)

That SLI bridge looks (emphasize this a lot when you read it) sweet with those cards. Is the card really so tall that it needs the I/O plate to be offset, though?

Too Bad we're going to change the red rog/strix to TUF :P but yeah, it doesn't only look good, it feels gold too :D the PCB is very big but i think the Strix and the Matrix cards are the only only 980ti this big

nevLWtj.jpg

Update

Today i took apart the Graphics Cards to make them more TUF ;)

dxIkSWF.jpg

6gxKuLf.jpg

That GM200 tho.. :)

GJysR6l.jpg

The custom backplate made by nubcustoms.com ..

0k2qu6J.jpg

.. we used press nuts so we can use the screws from the original backplate

pPK26Dn.jpg

Let's take off the GPU fortifier, no red parts allowed here ;)

LgprRcm.jpg

9sHrOYR.jpg

cyTfFvt.jpg

Too much red here..

QqJnIGp.jpg

Another thing to do is to mod the illuminated panel on the cooler

U3CfnPG.jpg

3 screws and we can take it out

ZugOJQn.jpg

LEE 135 Deep Golden Amber colour filter

0YqvADI.jpg

Put it over the light panel..

DBxpETg.jpg

and voilà

aOFBDD4.jpg?1

I'll show you some pics of the rest of the card later, so you can see what happened to the fortifier and the other red parts :lol:

Cheers!

How did I miss this build LOL , this is so good  :D

This is gonna be too good cheers mate  ;)

BTw the sleeving looks really good if u can try to put another orange in black it can help too still it look good though (too good for my eyes i would have closed them but cant

since i cant see what i am typing  :P )

And those photos how didi ya take them any tips for us (pretty bad at photography myself :( )  

THE LITTLE DEVIL : i5 4690k on NOCTUA NHD15

Asus z97 sabertooth mark 2 

WD black 1TB & WD Green 2TB HDD, Samsung 840 Evo 240gb & Hyperx 240gb SSD 

RAM- Corsair vengence 16gb and hyperx fury 8gb

PSU-Seasonic sII 620 wtt power supply

PErPHERaLS: Logitech g403 mouse, Redgear cherry MX brown switches, Logitech gamepad f310,Cosmic byte XXL RGB mousepad 

Audio: SennheiserHD 558 and antlion mod mic

PHOnE: Realme 3 pro 

How did I miss this build LOL , this is so good  :D

This is gonna be too good cheers mate  ;)

BTw the sleeving looks really good if u can try to put another orange in black it can help too still it look good though (too good for my eyes i would have closed them but cant

since i cant see what i am typing  :P )

And those photos how didi ya take them any tips for us (pretty bad at photography myself :( )

Thanks mate :)

I'm waiting for the sleeve atm, i'll try some patterns to take RL pictures of it :D

Well i love to use a wide aperture when i take photos, play with available light and try some things in the postprocessing. For these photos i tried something new. I wanted to highlight the eyecatchers, the red bars and the GPU fortifier, all the little details. Normally i want my photos to look as natural as they are in RL but this time i thought about what i saw when i look at these cards and wanted to recreate it in my photos. i hope this makes sense to you! :lol: