Get Mad Max or Shadow of Mordor or wait, save up more money and get some bigger games like Fallout 4.MGS5, etc.?

ManOfDisguise

Hey guys I want an SP game(can have MP too) which has either a great story, gameplay and/or a nice open world. I only got about 19 euros to spend right now so I can afford Mad Max or Shadow of Mordor both which I hear are pretty good. 

Mad Max: the game looks pretty cool but from what I saw while the world looks really nice it looks empty as well. Not much stuff going on other than enemies constantly attacking you, are there any other more interesting AI, side quests? like some random events which dont always have enemies just attackign you? or something to make the game interesting while roaming?

Shadow of Mordor: Didnt look at this game much but heard it has fun gameplay but is the story particularly interesting? I only watched the 3 LOTR movies and Hobbit movies but havent read the books or anything. 

OR I could save money and get Fallout 4 eventually or MGS5 maybe since while the missions seem repetitive in MGS5 the gameplay looks really fun all the fun stuff you can do. Or just wait and get some other big SP,open world game (open to reccomendations)

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

What about Watch_Dogs and Far Cry 3? (on G2A)

GS5 maybe since while the missions seem repetitive in MGS5 the gameplay looks really fun all the fun stuff you can do. Or just wait and get some other big SP,open world game (open to reccomendations)

Although, both Mad Max and Shadow of Mordor are very good games. I would opt to get either MGSTPP Or Fallout 4.

I have played MGSTPP for 20+ hours now and I'm loving it, game is awesome

While Fallout 4 will be amazing, aswell.

So, pick whichever you want. Get Metal Gear 5 now, or wait 2 months for Fallout 4.

Guaranteed, one of the two games will be awarded game of the year, no doubt. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Watch_Dogs? No way, that game is actually quite bad.

FC3/4, yes.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Hey guys I want an SP game(can have MP too) which has either a great story, gameplay and/or a nice open world. I only got about 19 euros to spend right now so I can afford Mad Max or Shadow of Mordor both which I hear are pretty good. 

Mad Max: the game looks pretty cool but from what I saw while the world looks really nice it looks empty as well. Not much stuff going on other than enemies constantly attacking you, are there any other more interesting AI, side quests? like some random events which dont always have enemies just attackign you? or something to make the game interesting while roaming?

Shadow of Mordor: Didnt look at this game much but heard it has fun gameplay but is the story particularly interesting? I only watched the 3 LOTR movies and Hobbit movies but havent read the books or anything. 

OR I could save money and get Fallout 4 eventually or MGS5 maybe since while the missions seem repetitive in MGS5 the gameplay looks really fun all the fun stuff you can do. Or just wait and get some other big SP,open world game (open to reccomendations)

mad max i would skip, shadow of mordor has about a 30 hours gameplay with a story like thats meh so i would save for fallout 4 since it has loads of gameplay, MGS5 is also a great option but it is which game you like more since its more a stealth game.

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

Shadow of Morder isn't exactly a large open world game.

The world is pretty small and all you do is kill enemies. The story is pretty good, but only around 30hrs long. That's not much.

Mad Max looks like garbage IMO.

I would rather wait for Fallout4.

Watch_Dogs? No way, that game is actually quite bad.

FC3/4, yes.

I think Watch Dogs is a lot better than Mad Max for example and one of the best games of 2014.

76 hours into MGS5 ..no regrets

Mad Max is okay little boring atm though the car combat seems pretty meh, on foot is batman arkham games.

havent played SoM

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Save up for Fallout 4 or MGS5 (or maybe Mass Effect: Andromeda).

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

own and played both. Watch Dogs was meh and FC3 was good

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Save up for Fallout 4 or MGS5 (or maybe Mass Effect: Andromeda).

76 hours into MGS5 ..no regrets

Mad Max is okay little boring atm though the car combat seems pretty meh, on foot is batman arkham games.

havent played SoM

Shadow of Morder isn't exactly a large open world game.

The world is pretty small and all you do is kill enemies. The story is pretty good, but only around 30hrs long. That's not much.

Mad Max looks like garbage IMO.

I would rather wait for Fallout4.

I think Watch Dogs is a lot better than Mad Max for example and one of the best games of 2014.

mad max i would skip, shadow of mordor has about a 30 hours gameplay with a story like thats meh so i would save for fallout 4 since it has loads of gameplay, MGS5 is also a great option but it is which game you like more since its more a stealth game.

Although, both Mad Max and Shadow of Mordor are very good games. I would opt to get either MGSTPP Or Fallout 4.

I have played MGSTPP for 20+ hours now and I'm loving it, game is awesome

While Fallout 4 will be amazing, aswell.

So, pick whichever you want. Get Metal Gear 5 now, or wait 2 months for Fallout 4.

Guaranteed, one of the two games will be awarded game of the year, no doubt. 

alright guys thank a lot! gona save up and get either fallout 4, mgs5 or any other good game that will rival them :)

Specs of my PC:

id save up max mad isn't really that good and idk about shadow or mordor 

though i mean all the reviews i watch they say mad max is really fun and the gameplay does look fun but the world looks empty

Specs of my PC:

Get both.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

though i mean all the reviews i watch they say mad max is really fun and the gameplay does look fun but the world looks empty

The only thing I heard bad about Mad Max was the ending, which is personal.

Honestly I would choose either Mad Max or Fallout 4, but Shadow of Mordor is cheap right now and totally worth $20(or your regional equivalent).

Define "bigger games"... if you mean in terms of world size, mad max and shadow of mordor are hella large.

You should buy what you think will be the most fun for you. There isn't a "high end" of games that are objectively worth more money than others, it's subjective.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

The only thing I heard bad about Mad Max was the ending, which is personal.

Honestly I would choose either Mad Max or Fallout 4.

I think Fallout 4 will be the best bang for the buck as it has by far the most things to do and the most interesting world compared to MGS5,Mad Max. MGS5 and Mad Max have actually some of the most boring looking open worlds I've seen and not much to do

Specs of my PC:

IMO i like games with replayability and mad max doesn't really have that but games like fo4 will have tons of it

Define "bigger games"... if you mean in terms of world size, mad max and shadow of mordor are hella large.

You should buy what you think will be the most fun for you. There isn't a "high end" of games that are objectively worth more money than others, it's subjective.

By bigger I mean the more hyped,popular, more known games. But it seems I'm leaning towards Fallout 4 as Mad Max and MGS5 while they have big open worlds too the worlds look really boring with not much interesting changes in landscape, scenery and not much to do outside of killing enemies

Specs of my PC:

IMO i like games with replayability and mad max doesn't really have that but games like fo4 will have tons of it

yea I dont think Bethesda will dissapoint. maybe some bugs at launch as usual but not much else

Specs of my PC:

I think Fallout 4 will be the best bang for the buck as it has by far the most things to do and the most interesting world compared to MGS5,Mad Max. MGS5 and Mad Max have actually some of the most boring looking open worlds I've seen and not much to do

Oh totally, I edited my comment a bit late, but with Shadow of Mordor being on sale right now I think it's totally worth the price.

But speaking strictly Fallout 4 vs Mad Max I'd choose Fallout 4, but I'm also a huge Fallout fan hehe.

By bigger I mean the more hyped,popular, more known games. But it seems I'm leaning towards Fallout 4 as Mad Max and MGS5 while they have big open worlds too the worlds look really boring with not much interesting changes in landscape, scenery and not much to do outside of killing enemies

I don't know about mgs5, but mad max is chock full of sidequests and "stuff to do", to the point where it's been criticized for having TOO MUCH of it. Shadow of mordor also has a lot of sidequests all over the place from what I know.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

yea I dont think Bethesda will dissapoint. maybe some bugs at launch as usual but not much else

yeah im going to wait a month or 2 after it comes out to buy it so i wont (hopefully) run into game breaking bugs 

I don't know about mgs5, but mad max is chock full of sidequests and "stuff to do", to the point where it's been criticized for having TOO MUCH of it. Shadow of mordor also has a lot of sidequests all over the place from what I know.

but still the world looks pretty dull and boring.  just roads and rocks not much else

Specs of my PC:

but still the world looks pretty dull and boring.  just roads and rocks not much else

There is an insane amount of places to visit to collect scrap, too bad in 75% cases it's not worth the time it takes. It's a fun game if you enjoy upgrading your car and ramming it to others. Outside of the car combat is basically Batman except Max isn't as OP as Batman. I would say there is no story, other than building the most epic car ever. What annoys me is that the upgrades are locked up way too much and sometimes it feels so grindy to get anything new unlocked let alone buy it.

Save your money if youtube reviews do not convince you. I bought it (15€) and been playing it maybe 30-90 mins a day.  

There is an insane amount of places to visit to collect scrap, too bad in 75% cases it's not worth the time it takes. It's a fun game if you enjoy upgrading your car and ramming it to others. Outside of the car combat is basically Batman except Max isn't as OP as Batman. I would say there is no story, other than building the most epic car ever. What annoys me is that the upgrades are locked up way too much and sometimes it feels so grindy to get anything new unlocked let alone buy it.

Save your money if youtube reviews do not convince you. I bought it (15€) and been playing it maybe 30-90 mins a day.

Right now I really need a game which will keep me entertained and immersed for a long time since im tired of all the MP crap. Mad Max would be a bigger risk as I dont know if it could keep me entertained for too long Fallout however im much more sure it will keep me entertained for longer as it is bigger, more stuff to do and eventually will have mod support too

Specs of my PC: