Windows 8 Scrollbar Difficult to See

TheMightyNoob01

Does anyone else find the scroll bar in windows 8 very hard to see? In all my web browsers and explorer it is very difficult to see.

Does anyone know how to change the colour/ darkness of the scrollbar?

I don't find it hard to see. It is likely that your screen is a bit crap. Try changing the brightness/contrast levels so you get a better calibration.

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

The scroll bar is perfectly visible in Windows 8.

The only explanation I have, is that your monitor has HORRIBLE contrast. Try playing with the contrast setting on the monitor setting panel, and make sure you are not using a software to change the colors of the system, or told to change your colors in Nvidia or AMD control panel. If you really don't know, go in Safe Mode to see if the scroll bar is more visible. To go in Safe Mode in Windows 8, open msconfig, go under the Boot tab, and check the box: Safe Mode, and hit OK and restart your computer. Repeat the same thing, but uncheck the Safe Mode check box to return back to normal Windows.

If in Safe Mode the scroll bar is still hard to see, and adjust the contrast doesn't help (or does, but everything else is super wrong) then your monitor has horrible contrast, and should be replaced. They are very affordable IPS panel available, if budget is an issue.

Here is a contrast monitor test:

- Blacks: http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/black.php In this page black #2 square should be a hint noticeable if you pay attention.

- Whites: http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/white.php In this page white #250 should be visible if you pay close attention.

Of course, for the above,  the more square tiles you see the better.

Arrrggg the forum marked my "." at the end of the sentence part of the URL.

Anyway, fixed.

Yup, that the problem. Contrast issue.

What would you suggest I do to fix it?

Go on the monitor on screen menu, and play with the contrast setting. Some time a minor adjustment will solve it. If you can, but everything else looks wrong, then I am afraid there is no fix beside another monitor, as your monitor have, what it seams, very bad contrast.

Of course, I assume, that this affects ALL scroll bars in Windows 8, even if you put the program/folder in window mode, and not maximized.