What to upgrade/add in my current PC?

Mandeep
Go to solution Solved by AresKrieger,

If you games the gpu will be the best improvement

also + 2gigs of ram will help as 2 is too little

Hi there,

I am Mandeep from Punjab, India. I have a intel core i3-2100 clocked at 3.10GHz in my pc with 2 GB 1333 MHz ram. My PC has Intel D...... motherboard but it has PCIe Express 3.0 slot. I have a 500 GB WD Blue hard drive as my primary storage. My system has 450 watt psu but its fan had stopped working from a month.

Now what What to upgrade/add in my PC?

I am thinking to add another stick of 2 GB 1333 MHz ram and a Asus Gtx 750ti OC and move my OS to a 120 GB Kingston SSD. Should I also upgrade my PSU

Tips and advice appreciated.

Nigga you need a shit tonno more ram.  Get AT LEAST 4 gigs... preferably 8.

If you are going to upgrade now, think long and hard about 16 even.

the gpu would probably make the most difference. 

and the ram is sooo small. 8gb is most likely recommended , and 4gb is like the bare minimum

There is no such thing as a bad PC, there are only BETTER PCs

Hi there,

I am Mandeep from Punjab, India. I have a intel core i3-2100 clocked at 3.10GHz in my pc with 2 GB 1333 MHz ram. My PC has Intel D...... motherboard but it has PCIe Express 3.0 slot. I have a 500 GB WD Blue hard drive as my primary storage. My system has 450 watt psu.

I am thinking to add another stick of 2 GB 1333 MHz ram and a Asus Gtx 750ti OC and move my OS to a 120 GB Kingston SSD.

You are on the right track with those upgrades.  Keep an eye on that PSU, as cheap PSUs can be dangerous as they age.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

Even with just 2 GB of ram I can make my work done. I do not do high end stuff and only browse the web with 4 to 5 web pages and play games like MW3, Black ops.

I want to play modern games like GTA 5, Watch Dogs etc. but my can't handle that so that is why I am thinking to upgrade.

So I think i do not require 8 GB ram.

Hi there,

I am Mandeep from Punjab, India. I have a intel core i3-2100 clocked at 3.10GHz in my pc with 2 GB 1333 MHz ram. My PC has Intel D...... motherboard but it has PCIe Express 3.0 slot. I have a 500 GB WD Blue hard drive as my primary storage. My system has 450 watt psu.

I am thinking to add another stick of 2 GB 1333 MHz ram and a Asus Gtx 750ti OC and move my OS to a 120 GB Kingston SSD.

ad 4 GB RAM and you are good to go.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

You are on the right track with those upgrades.  Keep an eye on that PSU, as cheap PSUs can be dangerous as they age.

Thanks, I also noticed that my cheap PSU's fan had stopped spinning so should I upgrade it also, If yes please recommend me one of either cooler master or corsair because I like and trust them most.

Nigga you need a shit tonno more ram.  Get AT LEAST 4 gigs... preferably 8.

Even with just 2 GB of ram I can make my work done. I do not do high end stuff and only browse the web with 4 to 5 web pages and play games like MW3, Black ops.

I want to play modern games like GTA 5, Watch Dogs etc. but my can't handle that so that is why I am thinking to upgrade.

Thanks, I also noticed that my cheap PSU's fan had stopped spinning so should I upgrade it also, If yes please recommend me one of either cooler master or corsair because I like and trust them most.

What cooler master power supplys do you have? Also for corsair the AX ones are good.

Other companies like XFX use SeaSonic power supplies which are very reliable.

Any XFX

Any SeaSonic

Any EVGA B2 G2 or GS power supply,is also very reliable

Also just buy a 1x4 Stick of 1333mhz Ram. 6 will help in GTA V. Ect ect.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

What cooler master power supplys do you have? Also for corsair the AX ones are good.

Other companies like XFX use SeaSonic power supplies which are very reliable.

Any XFX

Any SeaSonic

Any EVGA B2 G2 or GS power supply,is also very reliable

Also just buy a 1x4 Stick of 1333mhz Ram. 6 will help in GTA V. Ect ect.

Yes, definitely get a new PSU to avoid burning your house down.  Any of the ones listed above are good.  If on a tight budget, anything from your favorite brands will be OK, but don't be too cheap as some of the low end Corsair PSUs are not very good.  Better to stick with the ones mentioned above.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

Hi there,

I am Mandeep from Punjab, India. I have a intel core i3-2100 clocked at 3.10GHz in my pc with 2 GB 1333 MHz ram. My PC has Intel D...... motherboard but it has PCIe Express 3.0 slot. I have a 500 GB WD Blue hard drive as my primary storage. My system has 450 watt psu but its fan had stopped working from a month.

I am thinking to add another stick of 2 GB 1333 MHz ram and a Asus Gtx 750ti OC and move my OS to a 120 GB Kingston SSD. Should I also upgrade my PSU

Tips and advice appreciated.

Hi bro, I am from India too!!!. May i know what brand PSU do you have, because a lot of indians have local and generic power supplies. If you have something like that, first get your psu upgraded to something like a corsair cx430, cooler master, etc. Upgrading your PSU is very essential. Mine just died a month ago and i replaced it with a corsair cx430. 

You can have a look at these:

http://www.flipkart.com/corsair-vs450-450-watt-psu/p/itmdbfa3kaffmum3?pid=PSUDBF9ZBHSJVGJ8&ref=L%3A-3652711215475111551&srno=p_3&query=power+supply&otracker=from-search

http://www.flipkart.com/cooler-master-thunder-450w-450-watts-psu/p/itmdbm7fpuzpszvf?pid=PSUDBM7EDGK2XYFZ&ref=L%3A-3652711215475111551&srno=p_5&query=power+supply&otracker=from-search

http://www.flipkart.com/corsair-cx430-430-watts-psu/p/itmdzashzdvykgzj?pid=PSUD5XZ4ZJ5YPGBU&ref=L%3A-3652711215475111551&srno=p_7&query=power+supply&otracker=from-search

http://www.flipkart.com/cooler-master-thunder-500w-500-watts-psu/p/itmefud2jddauhgz?pid=PSUDBM7EDH7YSFTZ&ref=L%3A-3652711215475111551&srno=p_9&query=power+supply&otracker=from-search

http://www.flipkart.com/antec-vp450p-450-watts-psu/p/itmda3ncpuga3hpu?pid=PSUDA3NCT4Z4SKKR&ref=L%3A8174951889006118633&srno=p_16&query=power+supply&otracker=from-search

CPU:Intel Core i3 3210 Mobo:MSI B75MA-E33  GPU:Intel 2500 HD Graphics  SSD:Adata SP600 128gb  HDD:Seagate 1tb 7200rpm  

PSU:Corsair CX430   Case:Antec ASK4000bU3  Monitor:Dell S2240l 21.5 inch 1080p

@Mandeep

What is your budget for the whole upgrade ?

I am from India too so you can mention it in INR

Unfortunately 8GB of ram is the bare minimum I'd recommend, there's still quite a few games which will eat around 4-8GB alone. If you really can't afford to get 8GB then go for 4GB at the min. 

CPU: i7 8700k   Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero  RAM: 16GB @ 3600Mhz  GPU: MSI 980Ti 6G  Case: Fractal Design R5 (4 Intakes/3Exhausts)  Storage: Crucial BX100 SSD, Samsung 850 & Seagate 2TB HDD  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo '850W'  CPU Cooling: Corsair H110i GT 

Hi bro, I am from India too!!!. May i know what brand PSU do you have, because a lot of indians have local and generic power supplies. If you have something like that, first get your psu upgraded to something like a corsair cx430, cooler master, etc. Upgrading your PSU is very essential. Mine just died a month ago and i replaced it with a corsair cx430. 

You can have a look at these:

http://www.flipkart.com/corsair-vs450-450-watt-psu/p/itmdbfa3kaffmum3?pid=PSUDBF9ZBHSJVGJ8&ref=L%3A-3652711215475111551&srno=p_3&query=power+supply&otracker=from-search

http://www.flipkart.com/cooler-master-thunder-450w-450-watts-psu/p/itmdbm7fpuzpszvf?pid=PSUDBM7EDGK2XYFZ&ref=L%3A-3652711215475111551&srno=p_5&query=power+supply&otracker=from-search

http://www.flipkart.com/corsair-cx430-430-watts-psu/p/itmdzashzdvykgzj?pid=PSUD5XZ4ZJ5YPGBU&ref=L%3A-3652711215475111551&srno=p_7&query=power+supply&otracker=from-search

http://www.flipkart.com/cooler-master-thunder-500w-500-watts-psu/p/itmefud2jddauhgz?pid=PSUDBM7EDH7YSFTZ&ref=L%3A-3652711215475111551&srno=p_9&query=power+supply&otracker=from-search

http://www.flipkart.com/antec-vp450p-450-watts-psu/p/itmda3ncpuga3hpu?pid=PSUDA3NCT4Z4SKKR&ref=L%3A8174951889006118633&srno=p_16&query=power+supply&otracker=from-search

I highly do not suggest the Corsair CX430. They are mesnt for low end rigs and this may be low end he is adding a GPU and other thongs. They don't like temperstures above 30c and use bad Capacitors.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

I highly do not suggest the Corsair CX430. They are mesnt for low end rigs and this may be low end he is adding a GPU and other thongs. They don't like temperstures above 30c and use bad Capacitors.

I disagree. I am using a CX430 right now and it has been great. I ran an i3 3220 with GTX 460 Hawk edition for more than 3 years without any problems and my PC runs 18X7 so you can see how reliable it is

Also I live in Delhi and in summers it gets very hot, so there is that

I disagree. I am using a CX430 right now and it has been great. I ran an i3 3220 with GTX 460 Hawk edition for more than 3 years without any problems and my PC runs 18X7 so you can see how reliable it is

Also I live in Delhi and in summers it gets very hot, so there is that

That is considered low end.

@STRMfrmXMN Knows a lot more then me. I am sure he can find something more reliable then a CX430. The most I know is they don't like high temperatures and use bad capacitors.

That is considered low end.

Yes theoretically, but practically it is sufficient and gets the job done

Yes theoretically, but practically it is sufficient and gets the job done

I honestly have no idea on how else to explain it. It may get the job "done" but it doesn't do it very well. You may have gotten lucky but plenty of other people have had these power supplies fail on them taking power parts of there PC. A power supply is the ONLY part in your system that can take the whole PC out if it goes out. I'd rather no one take that chance with a power supply. Think about it this way, would cheap out on breaks for your car? No.

It may get the job "done" but it doesn't do it very well.

Don't know about you, but in my experience (and others) it did a very good job

You may have gotten lucky but plenty of other people have had these power supplies fail on them taking power parts of there PC.

I would have considered myself lucky if I were the only one but no there are many more. I literally know atleast 8 people who are using this power supply ( and VS450), usage ranging from 1-3years, and have faced absolutely no problem with it.

A power supply is the ONLY part in your system that can take the whole PC out if it goes out. I'd rather no one take that chance with a power supply. Think about it this way, would cheap out on breaks for your car? No.

Trust me I know. A cheap PSU has died on me before, taking along the motherboard with, so I know how important it is.

But really, CX 430 is an exception within this cheap PSU category. It is highly reliable

Don't know about you, but in my experience (and others) it did a very good job

I would have considered myself lucky if I were the only one but no there are many more. I literally know atleast 8 people who are using this power supply ( and VS450), usage ranging from 1-3years, and have faced absolutely no problem with it.

Trust me I know. A cheap PSU has died on me before, taking along the motherboard with, so I know how important it is.

But really, CX 430 is an exception within this cheap PSU category. It is highly reliable

Ok the rule is quite simple- just because you haven't had any problems with it doesn't make it good. Plenty be of people have owned AMC Pacers that have never left them stranded. Does that make them a good car? No. Plenty of people on this forum have had Corsair CX series in their systems which have died without warning or in some extreme cases set fire to their computer and cost thousands to their property. A Corsair CX 600W and lower is for very basic builds, ideally with no GPU.

EDIT: ok I read through your original post. I see you're from India. Are there any Seasonic or Antec power supplies available at stores online or near you?

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

If you are going to upgrade now, think long and hard about 16 even.

Yea at least 8 :)