Question about profiles.

cragger89

Or mentality of some members, I dunno.

Why do some profiles have the description filled out with information which leads you to believe they are a female, when actually the poster is a male? Seen a few which I where the avatar is a picture of the woman, photos of the woman all over the biography and stuff, but it isn't her who posts.

Why would you pretend to be a female on an internet forum? Even when I was a much younger person, I don't think I'd have been able to get my head around why you'd want to do so.

Why do some profiles have the description filled out with information which leads you to believe they are a female, when actually the poster is a male? Seen a few which I where the avatar is a picture of the woman, photos of the woman all over the biography and stuff, but it isn't her who posts.

Why would you pretend to be a female on an internet forum? Even when I was a much younger person, I don't think I'd have been able to get my head around why you'd want to do so.

Question to you, why does it matter?

Are you going in expecting to hit on them? No? Then why do you care?

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I've seen that a lot, but never understood why they do that.

Anyways I feel way more males then openly admit to it, would like to be women and if they had the choice between the 2 genders from the offset they would pick female and I imagine its nice to "play pretend" so to speak.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Anyways I feel way more males then openly admit to

Lol

Azure Fists - "Grown men playing with each other since 2009"

Spoiler
Spoiler

CPU : Intel® Core™ i5-4590T, OS : Windows 10 64bit + Custom Alienware Console Interface, GPU : NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 860M 2GB GDDR5, RAM : 8GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz, SSD : Kingston V300 240GB, WIFI : Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 2x2 + Bluetooth 4.0, CASE : Alienware Alpha, PSU : External Power Brick, MOBO : Custom Dell Motherboard.

Spoiler

CPU : i5 6600, Mobo : Asus Z97i-Plus, RAM : 16GB DDR4 3000mhz Corsair Vengeance LED, GPU : Gigabyte G1 GTX 1080, Case : Silverstone RVZ02, Storage : SanDisk 1TB M.2, PSU : Silverstone Strider SST-SX700-LG, Display(s) : AOC Q2963PM 29" IPS Ultra Wide 21:9, Fans : Noctua NH-L9i with Be Quiet Pure Wings 2, Keyboard : Razer Blackwidow Stealth 2015, Mouse : Razer Naga 2015, Sound : LG Wireless Soundbar /Razer Kraken Pro, OS : Windows 10

Lol

What a worthy post you have made to further this discussion. 

System Specs

Question to you, why does it matter?

Are you going in expecting to hit on them? No? Then why do you care?

I'm rumbled. Shame is too much. :(

Anyways I feel way more males then openly admit to it, would like to be women and if they had the choice between the 2 genders from the offset they would pick female and I imagine its nice to "play pretend" so to speak.

I guess the best way to sample femininity is on a tech orientated forum site. You'd certainly experience one "side" of it, I guess.

I guess the best way to sample femininity is on a tech orientated forum site. You'd certainly experience one "side" of it, I guess.

I dont think its so much "sampling" as much as it is a bit of escapism 

System Specs

I dont think its so much "sampling" as much as it is a bit of escapism 

But openly admitting it in lots of posts somewhat defeats the object of said escapism - hence why it seems like such a weird thing to do, to me.

You talking about web-trannies? :P

Nope.

People who write their profile literally pretending to be someone else; transgender is not that in the slightest.

Nope.

People who write their profile literally pretending to be someone else; transgender is not that in the slightest.

Yeah, web-trannies, pretending to be a chick on the web, hence web-tranny :P

Yeah, web-trannies, pretending to be a chick on the web, hence web-tranny :P

Ah, fair enough.

Maybe because I, oh I don't know, am female IRL but don't need to prove myself to the internet. My LTT profile is the fun side of me, which is why you will generally see lots of Demi Lovato and other borderline NSFW pictures, but you won't actually see me since the last time I posted a pic of myself I got loads of cock in my inbox. Why do you think women(on LTT) are actually men? Does it actually matter?

Edit: I knew it... (So you went to my profile and was like "yo, this chicks a dude, better make a forum post about the mentality of this manor" > without asking any questions).

Maybe because I, oh I don't know, am female IRL but don't need to prove myself to the internet. My LTT profile is the fun side of me, which is why you will generally see lots of Demi Lovato and other borderline NSFW pictures, but you won't actually see me since the last time I posted a pic of myself I got loads of cock in my inbox. Why do you think women(on LTT) are actually men? Does it actually matter?

I dont see whats wrong with pictures of roosters, maybe they were trying to sell you one? They are good alarm clocks

System Specs

Edit: I knew it... (So you went to my profile and was like "yo, this chicks a dude, better make a forum post about the mentality of this manor" > without asking any questions).

What in the....are you serious? That sucks. :(

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

No, not you, QueenDemetria, for the record. 

I read profiles of people when I agree with what they write, reading your profile is nothing to do with this - I'm on about posts I read from a way back who admitted they were guys in the "post a pic of yourself thread" - I remembered it when talking about transgender stuff with a collegaue at work this morning. 

What in the....are you serious? That sucks. :(

Yup, happened to my Steam account(which is why I say "ask" on my LTT profile) and my BBM(which I used to have on my profile as well). It sucked but honestly its not the first time its happened, so I shrugged it off and deleted everything(and blocked many accounts).

This happened not too long after I joined, since I used my Facebook profile picture for teh lolz, but there were no lolz to be had.

Yup, happened to my Steam account(which is why I say "ask" on my LTT profile) and my BBM(which I used to have on my profile as well). It sucked but honestly its not the first time its happened, so I shrugged it off and deleted everything(and blocked many accounts).

This happened not too long after I joined, since I used my Facebook profile picture for teh lolz, but there were no lolz to be had.

My best friend had similar shit happen to her as well - she just prefers to go "anonymous" when posting in tech places now. When I said earlier "I guess they'll see one "side" of it" - what you're describing is exactly what I refer to. xD

Ah man, that's just wrong.

Some people... <_<

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I've never understood why having a female character as a profile picture or playing as a female characters automatically makes you a girl...

Are guys not allowed to to use female figures in any way?

And vice versa?

I've never understood why having a female character as a profile picture or playing as a female characters automatically makes you a girl...

Are guys not allowed to to use female figures in any way?

And vice versa?

That's not what I'm referring to.