Which 980TI from my local store?

CC268

Sorry for all the posts guys, but this is driving me nuts. I have ordered an MSI R9 390 from two different online retailers who claim they have the card in stock - of course after placing the order they tell me they aren't in stock. At this point I am thinking about just getting a card from my local Fry's Electronics. I can either go with the MSI 390X or go for an EVGA  SC 980TI or the ASUS Strix 980TI. 

As far as the EVGA vs. Strix - are there any major advantages/disadvantages to these cards? Is there a better 980TI for the money?

Thanks again. 

| Intel i5-6600K | NZXT Kraken X61 | MSI GTX 980TI | NZXT Kraken X41 | ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Hero Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000 16GB | 

|Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | EVGA SuperNova G2 850W | Fractal Design Define S |

Sorry for all the posts guys, but this is driving me nuts. I have ordered an MSI R9 390 from two different online retailers who claim they have the card in stock - of course after placing the order they tell me they aren't in stock. At this point I am thinking about just getting a card from my local Fry's Electronics. I can either go with the MSI 390X or go for an EVGA 980TI or the ASUS Strix 980TI. 

As far as the EVGA vs. Strix - are there any major advantages/disadvantages to these cards? Is there a better 980TI for the money?

Thanks again. 

EVGA IMO

Which EVGA model? Is that all they offer? I'd prefer the EVGA card just because of how overclocking is on the STRIX cards but you may not even overclock. PROs of the STRIX would be that it will be quieter, not sure of anything else. 

Which EVGA card is it? ACX? SCC? Or reference? 

If it's an ACX cooler version, I'd go for that, as EVGA's warranty is amazing, with it performing around the same as the Strix. 

Gigabyte 980TI would be my choice.

This was my original choice until someone said they had issues with coil whine.

| Intel i5-6600K | NZXT Kraken X61 | MSI GTX 980TI | NZXT Kraken X41 | ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Hero Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000 16GB | 

|Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | EVGA SuperNova G2 850W | Fractal Design Define S |

Sorry for all the posts guys, but this is driving me nuts. I have ordered an MSI R9 390 from two different online retailers who claim they have the card in stock - of course after placing the order they tell me they aren't in stock. At this point I am thinking about just getting a card from my local Fry's Electronics. I can either go with the MSI 390X or go for an EVGA 980TI or the ASUS Strix 980TI. 

Thanks again. 

The MSI Lightning is probably one of the best 980ti's out there

I'm playing my Xbone on 3 LG Curved monitors-No one ever

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Resident bad pun maker.....please excuse them

Which EVGA card is it? ACX? SCC? Or reference? 

If it's an ACX cooler version, I'd go for that, as EVGA's warranty is amazing, with it performing around the same as the Strix. 

Superclocked sorry:

http://www.frys.com/product/8490088?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

I am new to overclocking - but I think it would be cool to learn. I bought the Fractal Design S so it will be a somewhat quiet case - I wouldn't consider myself to be anal about sound, but decently quiet would be nice. 

All the cards seem to be within +-$40 so price doesn't matter.

Get whichever looks better to you or is priced better. 

Performance always comes down to the silicone lottery.

i7-5820k @ 4.6ghz w/ H100i || Asus Sabertooth x99 || Gigabyte 980ti G1 ||  EVGA 980ti SC || 32gb DDR4 2666mhz Gskil || 1tb WD Black HDD || Samsung XP941 256gb M.2 PCIe || EVGA 1300w G2 || Corsair 540 w/ Silverstone Sound Dampening Foam || Logisys RGB Led  || Corsair M65 Mouse  & Corsair RGB k70 || A lot of Corsair SP120s

Yea I figured that just about everything is a good card - sounds like I couldn't go wrong with the EVGA SC+ or the ASUS STRIX?

Personally I will go for 390x because it's way cheaper. If you want choose between EVGA and ASUS, the answer is obvious (EVGA's quality is great).But be careful of the version, because EVGA 980ti SC+ ACX2.0 version contains a backplate so it is cool, and SC version doesn't has a backplate so that's not good. Strix looks nice, and performs great, so you can always go for that. 

CPU:Intel Core i7-5930K @4.5GGPU: 2 of MSI R9 390X GAMING 8G Graphics Card crossfire   Mobo:ASUS TUF SABERTOOTH X99    Ram:Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz  SSD:2 of Samsung 850 Pro 512GB WatercoolerCorsair Hydro Series H100i GTX  CaseCorsair Graphite Series 780T   PSU: EVGA 1000 P2  80+platinum  Keyboard:Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB black Monitor: LG277MU67 4K IPS FREESYNC

Personally I will go for 390x because it's way cheaper. If you want choose between EVGA and ASUS, the answer is obvious (EVGA's quality is great).But be careful of the version, because EVGA 980ti SC+ ACX2.0 version contains a backplate so it is cool, and SC version doesn't has a backplate so that's not good. Strix looks nice, and performs great, so you can always go for that. 

Yea...I wish I could just find an MSI 390 (that isn't price inflated due to low stock), but I may end up picking up the 390X if I don't do the 980TI.