LinusTechForums BF3 Event

_ASSASSIN_

I wanted to do this, set up a big, 64 player event, get people on teamspeak and get us an empty server for us all to play in.
I have the teamspeak to contribute to, but I have a problem giving it out because it uses my personal IP, if anyone could alleviate this issue/have their own server, that would be great
anyone else would like for an event like this to happen?

i'm up for this, just need to get my comp finished.

p.s. maybe another event for bf4 on release?

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

i'm up for this, just need to get my comp finished.

p.s. maybe another event for bf4 on release?

that would be baller if someone on the forum here had money to burn for a dedicated server :D

dang, this isn't getting as much attention as I anticipated, I really wanted a good amount of people we could count on for the event to happen
also, here it the forum platoon, if we could get the admin of the page to set up the event that would be nice
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655241563033403/

A unofficial LTT BF3 server. Yes!!! Go for it I am down for it. Linus and Slick could play some BF3 on the wan show afterparty with the community, wouldnt that be cool ?!!!

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

A unofficial LTT BF3 server. Yes!!! Go for it I am down for it. Linus and Slick could play some BF3 on the wan show afterparty with the community, wouldnt that be cool ?!!!

holy shit that would be an amazing idea :D

@LinusTech

@Slick

holy shit that would be an amazing idea :D

@LinusTech

@Slick

So we could shedule the "event"  to around 6:30 pm Linus Time Fridays,  so it would be about 2 hours after wan show start

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

I applied to join the platoon but it says the max number of members has been reached. Any way of upping the member count?

And yes I would be down for the event.

sign me up :D

this sounds amazing

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

So we could shedule the "event"  to around 6:30 pm Linus Time Fridays,  so it would be about 2 hours after wan show start

except I would confirm with them before we setup this event expecting for them to join us, and I don't want it to be utter chaos with everyone trying to join Linus and Slick in their channel :P

I want it to be thoroughly organized

I applied to join the platoon but it says the max number of members has been reached. Any way of upping the member count?

And yes I would be down for the event.

there is another platoon, LinusTechTips' Forum #2

It would be awesome if we could do a North America VS: Europe thing, but pings would probably be a through the roof for one of the sides 

Edit: I forgot Asia and Australia. You guys can join too. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

It would be awesome if we could do a North America VS: Europe thing, but pings would probably be a through the roof for one of the sides 

which is somewhat of a concern, we sadly can't have people with that high of pings (<120) because of Battlefield lack luster netcode, it will cause people to rage with the amount of shooting behind walls, but we could make it work

which is somewhat of a concern, we sadly can't have people with that high of pings (<120) because of Battlefield lack luster netcode, it will cause people to rage with the amount of shooting behind walls, but we could make it work

Yeah, if I were to join any US or Canadian server my ping is between 118-156, so I don't think it would be playable for me.

Back to business
1. does anyone have a solution where I can change my IP address to a website or something along those lines?
2. we need to obtain a dedicated server for this event/find a random empty server for this to happen

Back to business

1. does anyone have a solution where I can change my IP address to a website or something along those lines?

2. we need to obtain a dedicated server for this event/find a random empty server for this to happen

• If you don't have a static IP, you could ask your ISP if they could give you a temp IP. That has worked for me in the past
  • Your best bet is probably to find a empty 64 player server.

• If you don't have a static IP, you could ask your ISP if they could give you a temp IP. That has worked for me in the past
  • Your best bet is probably to find a empty 64 player server.

thank you for the answer, now we just need to resolve a date and time :I

and the people

1. http://www.noip.com/ use a dynamic dns to keep your domain from being dependent on your ip. But I doubt that your connection could handle like 64 players... just saying

2. a dedicated 64 man server including ts would cost around 100€ per month (130$)

1. http://www.noip.com/ use a dynamic dns to keep your domain from being dependent on your ip. But I doubt that your connection could handle like 64 players... just saying

2. a dedicated 64 man server including ts would cost around 100€ per month (130$)

now that I think of it, yeah, I probably can't handle that many people, being that there would be more if Linus and Slick get on it, we need to find another solution, a public teamspeak maybe?

the key to success is money. Its just the dumbest thing ever when random people join public ts servers and annoy everyone. And we could hijack a server, but we are the LTT community, come on, we can do better than that. So, who could hack that server administration system :p

the key to success is money. Its just the dumbest thing ever when random people join public ts servers and annoy everyone. And we could hijack a server, but we are the LTT community, come on, we can do better than that. So, who could hack that server administration system :P

now I really wish I had google fiber :c

I'm really waiting for someone out of the blue, saying "I GOT SERVER THAT HANDLE EVERYONE YAY"

We d need some kind of a sponsor, @LinusTech, could you talk to people, you know, just asking, would be cool. NCIX has servers dont they?!

We d need some kind of a sponsor, @LinusTech, could you talk to people, you know, just asking, would be cool. NCIX has servers dont they?!

They used to have servers, but alas, no longer

I would pay 20€ per month, but we'd need more to rent a 64 server