New KeyCaps for Cherry Switches, Ducky Shine Legend

Faceman

The stock keycaps that come with the Ducky Shine Legend are just way too greasy.  No matter how much I wash my hands, use hand sanitizer at my desk, they just collect grease like no ones business, and don't have as much grip as I would like when it comes to gaming.  For typing, they are great, and I am a huge typer, so I would still like some very good typing keycaps, but some better keycaps all around would be nice.  Would also like to keep them Black in color. 

Any suggestions?

large_1085_large_954_Legend_silver_03.jp

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

The stock keycaps that come with the Ducky Shine Legend are just way too greasy.  No matter how much I wash my hands, use hand sanitizer at my desk, they just collect grease like no ones business, and don't have as much grip as I would like when it comes to gaming.  For typing, they are great, and I am a huge typer, so I would still like some very good typing keycaps, but some better keycaps all around would be nice.  Would also like to keep them Black in color. 

Any suggestions?

Any old PBT plastic keycaps. That Ducky appears to use a standard layout. WASD has great options. http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/review/product/list/id/64/

Note that you'll have to buy extra caps to cover the media keys on the top right.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Any old PBT plastic keycaps. That Ducky appears to use a standard layout. WASD has great options. http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/review/product/list/id/64/

Note that you'll have to buy extra caps to cover the media keys on the top right.

I don't mind keeping the media keys, its just the most heavily used ones, which that set does contain.  Will look into them!

EDIT*  Ahh, dang, they aren't transparent which is what I would like because of my LEDs on the keyboard

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

What if you put a very light coat of clear plastidip?

NO NO NO NO NO

Plastidip is very, very hard to localize into a small target. You would be hard-pressed to find someone who wouldn't become infuriated with this process. 1/203498394078534908 would not recommend. Even a light coat is just not going to be a good idea and eventually it will wear off and become ugly and gross.

I don't mind keeping the media keys, its just the most heavily used ones, which that set does contain.  Will look into them!

EDIT*  Ahh, dang, they aren't transparent which is what I would like because of my LEDs on the keyboard

Ah gotcha, transparent is a bit hard to find but here are some options. This has exactly the right number of caps if you're ok with a pale white http://www.amazon.com/Vortex-Translucent-Doubleshot-backlit-Keycaps/dp/B00XABE3MC

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

NO NO NO NO NO

Plastidip is very, very hard to localize into a small target. You would be hard-pressed to find someone who wouldn't become infuriated with this process. 1/203498394078534908 would not recommend. Even a light coat is just not going to be a good idea and eventually it will wear off and become ugly and gross.

Ah gotcha, transparent is a bit hard to find but here are some options. This has exactly the right number of caps if you're ok with a pale white http://www.amazon.com/Vortex-Translucent-Doubleshot-backlit-Keycaps/dp/B00XABE3MC

All ya'll gotta do is take the key caps off, spray over all the caps then bingo. It would wear off... but it might be cheaper? ;)

blackshades on

All ya'll gotta do is take the key caps off, spray over all the caps then bingo. It would wear off... but it might be cheaper? ;)

Eh, not worth it IMHO. He can try it on a spare windows key as most mech keyboards often come with them to see if it's for him but 99% of me says that plasti-dip is not a good idea with keycaps. Precision with plasti-dip is just not really a thing xD