Using rubber gloves while building a PC?

PaulC1

preference :D

I've always preferred putting MB first then cooler. :D

i use a magnetic screwdriver aswell to make my life easier :3 

Character artist in the Games industry.

You are over thinking this. I built my PC without any using any of those anti-static precautions and it's working fine

Same here, and I built mine on carpet lol

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I've never used rubber gloves while building a PC, but I do take anti-static precautions. Better safe than sorry! 

I believe the  gloves that doctors and dentists use are latex.

And yeah just touch the case every now and then, you won't get staticy that easily.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

It works fine without it and it's just a waste of money to do so.

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Interesting. Do actually have any scientific explanation of your bold claim?

latex gloves are conductive and also most are covered in a conductive powder. so yes this could cause problems.

My experience from rubber/latex/pvc cloves (worked last summer as cleaner) they might not conduct electricity but static electricity gathers on their surface. Same with balloons, you know. I wouldn't use them. I have anti-static wristband but I feel it does only little. Since where I built there ain't any things I can plug it (toaster maybe, but I'm not stupid). This time I plugged it to lamp above me.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

The way I build them you have to ;)

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

Gloves might help if you are prone to cutting yourself and don't want too much blood to fall into your build :P

At the far end of the spectrum, gloves could help if you don't want any of the toxins of the electronics to get on your hands, but an air filter so you don't breath them is also advised, again at the far end of the spectrum.

Other than that, just build it and post some pics.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.