MSI 770 Lightning, safe way to fix fan/fans?

Hemanse

So my MSI GTX 770 Lightning card started making these really nice rattling noises when i boot up, it pretty much go away when i get into windows and the fans settle down, but im guessing thats probably not gonna last either, made a little video where you can hear it, youtube volume can be rather low, but still easy to hear, you can also hear the fans go into turbo mode for some reason, they usually spin up a fair bit when booting, but thats just to clean the fans while you boot up, they have never gone full blast when i log in to windows like they do now:

https://youtu.be/3wmEUEPvA7s?t=22s

Guess what i am asking is if there is a safe way to fix this without damaging anything? or well, damage it more then it is already :) would suck to have to throw away a 770 lightning card just because one of the fans is bad.

Edit:

Just wanna add that i am 100% sure it is the fans on the 770, i took it out today to test a 370 and obviously the noise went away :)

Ryzen 7 3700x, MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX, 16GB Ballistix Elite 3600MHz, MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio, Corsair RM750x V2

Take out of the graphics card and blow the dust out of the fans and try again.

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

Take out of the graphics card and blow the dust out of the fans and try again.

The card is clean as the day i bought it, cleaned it a few times to make sure it wasnt due to dust, sadly thats not the problem.

Ryzen 7 3700x, MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX, 16GB Ballistix Elite 3600MHz, MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio, Corsair RM750x V2

The card is clean as the day i bought it, cleaned it a few times to make sure it wasnt due to dust, sadly thats not the problem.

hmmm, id probably contact them actually.. are you 100% sure its the fans? Can you figure out which fan it is also? Maybe by stopping one of the fans with your figure (make sure your grounded) while the system is powered on carefully.

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

Sounds like fan bearing are going or need lubricant, if you can remove the fans off the cooler and access directly to the bearing you can oil them a little to see it it helps, worst comes to worst you could remove the original fans/shroud and zip tie on some pressure oriented case fans to cool the card.

Double check to make sure it is the GPU fans that are causing the sound however and not something else in the case.

Bruh, Is your PC a Boeing 747-800?

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

hmmm, id probably contact them actually.. are you 100% sure its the fans? Can you figure out which fan it is also? Maybe by stopping one of the fans with your figure (make sure your grounded) while the system is powered on carefully.

The card is 3 years old so its out of warranty, but i guess contacting MSI could be an option. im 99.99% sure its the fans, when i turn up the fan speed in afterburner you can hear it start, then when i lower it back down it goes away.

Bruh, Is your PC a Boeing 747-800?

:) Thats how the card sounds when the fans are at 100%, but i think the fact that i hade the phone recording right next to the card also makes it sound pretty crazy. But the card does actually have a build in feature that cleans the card every time you boot up by ramping up the fans during boot, i have always left it on and i am not even sure you can disable it.

Sounds like fan bearing are going or need lubricant, if you can remove the fans off the cooler and access directly to the bearing you can oil them a little to see it it helps, worst comes to worst you could remove the original fans/shroud and zip tie on some pressure oriented case fans to cool the card.

Double check to make sure it is the GPU fans that are causing the sound however and not something else in the case.

Gonna try and see if the fans can come off somehow, read somewhere that they are pretty well secured with glue etc so they are not that easy to get off. I guess the last option could be to engineer some fun solution with zip ties and pressure fans ;)

>_>... <_<... watercool the card.

*runs like the wind*

I actually thought about watercooling just the card alone, but i got a feeling it would make more sense to just buy a 970 then :(

:) Thats how the card sounds when the fans are at 100%, but i think the fact that i hade the phone recording right next to the card also makes it sound pretty crazy. But the card does actually have a build in feature that cleans the card every time you boot up by ramping up the fans during boot, i have always left it on and i am not even sure you can disable it.

Gonna try and see if the fans can come off somehow, read somewhere that they are pretty well secured with glue etc so they are not that easy to get off. I guess the last option could be to engineer some fun solution with zip ties and pressure fans ;)

Go to 4:00 in the video

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

I actually thought about watercooling just the card alone, but i got a feeling it would make more sense to just buy a 970 then :(

980Ti upgrade or bust. Or AMD

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

980Ti upgrade or bust. Or AMD

I dont have 800+ $ lying around at the moment sadly, otherwise i would love to get a 980 ti. I just got a R7 370 brand new for 80$ for my pc thats hooked up to my tv, i really want to test out a AMD card before commiting to one in my main rig, i still have nightmares from the back in the days when the AMD/ATI drivers were so so bad. A used 970 i would be able to get for around 300$ which might be a option if my 770 totally craps itself.

I dont have 800+ $ lying around at the moment sadly, otherwise i would love to get a 980 ti. I just got a R7 370 brand new for 80$ for my pc thats hooked up to my tv, i really want to test out a AMD card before commiting to one in my main rig, i still have nightmares from the back in the days when the AMD/ATI drivers were so so bad. A used 970 i would be able to get for around 300$ which might be a option if my 770 totally craps itself.

You must live in Canada... maybe a R9 390 could work? Or a R9 290/R9 290X used might be in your budget.

I understand your wanting to hold off on AMD, but I can guarantee that nVidia's drivers are not better right now and have not been since near february.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

You must live in Canada... maybe a R9 390 could work? Or a R9 290/R9 290X used might be in your budget.

I understand your wanting to hold off on AMD, but I can guarantee that nVidia's drivers are not better right now and have not been since near february.

I live in Europe (Denmark) and yeah we get pretty screwed when it comes to hardware prices. I have heard good things about the 390, but im gonna hold off buying AMD until i have tested out my 370 in the smaller pc :)

I live in Europe (Denmark) and yeah we get pretty screwed when it comes to hardware prices. I have heard good things about the 390, but im gonna hold off buying AMD until i have tested out my 370 in the smaller pc :)

No problem.

At least ya'll don't get screwed as much as we do =D.

Last I checked a GTX 760 was like $3000 here.