New build help

hay guys this is my build http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mrFBnQ I just wanted to know if it's good or not

NOTABLE INFO:

1. Used for maxed out 1440p gaming

2. Also used for editing but not an excessive amount

3. I don't know if the 1440p monitor is good

4. Do I need the sli cord and if so is that a good one.

5. The graphics card and the mobo don't have an sli in them

6. It only needs to last two years then I'm giving it away

7. I already own the graphics card and case NOT the monitor

8. Any tips you have will be very helpful

9. Im NOT overclocking

10. I'm at my budget max

11. Before you say it the h97 mobo or whatever then name is can't run sli

Thanks for the help guys

looks good to me, may want to bump up the HDD to 2TB if you're gonna deal with large files (you mentioned editing)

and i'm not sure for MSI, but my asus motherboard came with an sli bridge.

Sli bridge comes with your motherboard, no need to buy one.

Also what do you mean by the graphics card and the motherboard don't have Sli in them???

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

looks good to me, may want to bump up the HDD to 2TB if you're gonna deal with large files (you mentioned editing)

I checked mine and it said it dident so I was just trying to find a cheap one

Looks good ! 

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Sli bridge comes with your motherboard, no need to buy one.

Also what do you mean by the graphics card and the motherboard don't have Sli in them???

People in my last post told me to get the h97 version of my mobo and that one doesn't have sli

So that monitor is good for 1440p

So that monitor is good for 1440p

i currently use an old samsung panel, the worst samsung panel i've ever seen, and a tv with every manufacturing flaw you can think of.

for me any monitor is a good monitor xD

Why 2 970s? for 1440p you are going to hit that vram cap in some games, and future games to come

PC is alive again! :System: CPU:Intel i5 4960k/ Motherboard:ASUS Gryphon Z97/ RAM: Kingston 16GB/ GPU: ASUS R9 Fury X/ Storage: 120gb Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate SSHD/ PSU: Cooler Master 700w/ Displays: 1 Acer B276HK ymjdprz 27-inch 4K Ultra HD/1 ASUS 21.5 LCD LED 21.5 monitor

i currently use an old samsung panel, the worst samsung panel i've ever seen, and a tv with every manufacturing flaw you can think of.

for me any monitor is a good monitor xD

And I know this sounds dumb but where is the sli port on my graphics card I checked the usual places and it wasn't there dose it even need it can it sli through the mobo or am I just really REALLY stupid

Why 2 970s? for 1440p you are going to hit that vram cap in some games, and future games to come

7-8 gb of vram is fine for the next two years.

7-8 gb of vram is fine for the next two years.

That's not how it works. vram is copied on both gpus, and 970s have 3.5GBs of vram the last 500MB runs at 1/7 on the speed. That is why I got rid of mine

PC is alive again! :System: CPU:Intel i5 4960k/ Motherboard:ASUS Gryphon Z97/ RAM: Kingston 16GB/ GPU: ASUS R9 Fury X/ Storage: 120gb Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate SSHD/ PSU: Cooler Master 700w/ Displays: 1 Acer B276HK ymjdprz 27-inch 4K Ultra HD/1 ASUS 21.5 LCD LED 21.5 monitor

That's not how it works. vram is copied on both gpus, and 970s have 3.5GBs of vram the last 500MB runs at 1/7 on the speed. That is why I got rid of mine

Thoe this is true it splits the load so half of load for 1 4gb set and same for other half so it avg out at 8 gb and developers know this so the cram cap still works

And I know this sounds dumb but where is the sli port on my graphics card I checked the usual places and it wasn't there dose it even need it can it sli through the mobo or am I just really REALLY stupid

http://images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2015/05/evga-geforce-gtx-970-ssc-acx-2-0-review/evga970ssc-5b.jpg

should be on the usual place.

aside from the fact i have filled up my 3x 1440p panels with games before, without using more than 80% of my vram.

its all about what games you're playing. (the GPU was maxed out, with plenty of VRAM to clear)

Not Found

The requested URL /content_images/2014/09/nvidia-geforce-gtx-970-review/evga970-5w.jpg was not found on this server.

Apache/2.2.23 (Amazon) Server at images.bit-tech.net

I cry every time

Not Found

The requested URL /content_images/2014/09/nvidia-geforce-gtx-970-review/evga970-5w.jpg was not found on this server.

Apache/2.2.23 (Amazon) Server at images.bit-tech.net

I cry every time

google an image of any GTX970 (or other nvidia card for that matter) and look for the sli connectors.

there.

(protip: evga seems to cover their sli ports with a protective cap, you sure you arent forgetting about that?)

google an image of any GTX970 (or other nvidia card for that matter) and look for the sli connectors.

there.

(protip: evga seems to cover their sli ports with a protective cap, you sure you arent forgetting about that?)

Found it lol thanks so much for the help

People in my last post told me to get the h97 version of my mobo and that one doesn't have sli

Random... didn't answer my question though. Your GPU doesn't have Sli in it???

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/