LinusCalcTips,

Arty

Just something i thought id mention, the past few days each day i asked a question, these are just the one i stumbled on doing, we get daily packets sooo just thought id mention that, im not trying to get the way out..

KR5bk6t.png

The only thing i can seem to deduce is that the  container has a wider bottom then top.

*is only in algebra one* 

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

Just something i thought id mention, the past few days each day i asked a question, these are just the one i stumbled on doing, we get daily packets sooo just thought id mention that, im not trying to get the way out..

KR5bk6t.png

The only thing i can seem to deduce is that the  container has a wider bottom then top.

I'd guess it'd be a cone with the tip facing down.

The further down you go the slower the total volume increases, therefore the bottom is smaller than the top. (Could be wrong if it's not talking about the total volume of that depth and everything above it)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

not sure but just substitute numbers in i.e volume = pi*r^2*h you can deduce R from subbing in values. other shapes like wise. ooops not actually working out an equation for it forget this. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

It's a cone/pyramid shape (I don't have the patience to do the math to figure out which).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Units?

cm and mm?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

You have to compare the difference between each measurement and compare the increase of water, and if it is more than before it is a wider section of container and so on.

Quote me to get a reply!

Units?

cm and mm?

This was the question 

no units attached 

The further down you go the slower the volume increases, therefore the bottom is smaller than the top.

So like this: sugar-rolled-biscuit-cone.jpg

Instead of like this: 364_Safety-Cone.jpg

Other way around, it's a traffic cone. 

V=LWH 

400 =5LW, LW = 80

1200 =25LW, LW=48 

So the higher the water goes the narrower the container. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

The further down you go the slower the volume increases, therefore the bottom is smaller than the top.

-snips-

Except it's the other way around.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Except it's the other way around.

Other way around, it's a traffic cone. 

If it's talking about the volume of water at that specific level of it, then yes, though I was thinking of it more as the total volume starting at that level and going up :/

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

The only thing you can deduce (scientifically speaking) is that this is a container that holds water. There are no units listed with those measurements, so how are you supposed to know whether or not they are the same units?

Atom14 [Corsair] i5-4690K | Corsair H110i GT | MSI Z97S SLI Krait | 16 GB Team Group DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB X2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 850W 80+ Gold | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 980Ti

Corsair KXX RGB Keyboard Cover Mod Make your own using my templates!

The only thing you can deduce (scientifically speaking) is that this is a container that holds water. There are no units listed with those measurements, so how are you supposed to know whether or not they are the same units?

You must be fun at parties. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

Shit question.

No units.

When the water reaches the depth of 25 units , is the container filled to the max?

Actually nah, all over it like a rash. It has to be a cone with the point facing up.

post-242919-0-64912700-1441924552_thumb.

I can deduce it is a 3d one.

And that's about it :D

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Calc doesn't actually require calc most of the time btw.

Between 20-25 (units) the average area is 20 square units.

Between 15-20 (units) the average area is 28 square units.

Between 10-15 (units) the average area is 44 square units.

Between 5-10 (units) the average area is 68 square units.

Between 0-5 (units) the average area is 80 square units.

Technically speaking that is literally the only observation you can prove is that for those ranges the average area is monotonically increasing as depth decreases.

I could give you infinite shapes/volumes that would allow such an event to occur, but I can prove that it isn't a right circular cone as in order to get 1200 cubic units at a depth of 25 units the radius would have to be 6.77 units and cutting off the top 5 units of that right circular cone would only remove 9.6 cubit units. In a similar fashion it is easy to prove it is not a cubic pyramid (which would need to be 12x12x25).

READ NOTE BEFORE CONTINUING:

Indeed I would suggest that the volume is proportional to the cube of the depth (or H-depth as it were), as the change in volume over the same change in depth goes 100-140-220-340 and the change in the change of the volume is 40-80-120 (which is a dead giveaway to a 3rd order relationship, assuming the shape is both continuous and differentiable throughout.)

Its like this if the change is constant: first order.

If the change of the change is constant: Second order.

If the change of the change of the change is constant: Third order.

So V could be proportional to Depth^3 (and indeed that would be V=.0533x^3-4x^2+118.67x-100)

NOTE: After a little bit of examination and adding the assumption that at 0 depth there would be 0 volume (which technically speaking isn't necessary depending on frame of reference, but is quite likely) a pure cubic relationship cannot exist unless the 0 volume point was a depth of .8677m. And while it is by definition possible to make an exact relationship between N points using a polynomial of order N-1 in 2D space, that isn't all that helpful in that it just becomes another arbitrary choice that is not likely.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS