So what 980 TI cardS to buy? (getting 2 of them)

UsernamePassword

I personally do not buy cards with factory overclocks. I like to buy cards that have stock settings but have upgraded coolers. I dont see the need to pay more for an overclock I can do myself. Now if you are trying something crazy with it then ok I can see the reasoning for buying the premium versions. 

Assuming you are in US:

EVGA ACX 2.0 is bad. (Classy and KP are great, but not worth price premium)

Strix is awful

MSI is ok at everything

G1 is very powerful, but often loud and has the most consistently complained about coil whine

Zotac is very powerful as well but is huge (LIKE INSANELY HUGE).

There is also Powercolor (but I don't know too much about them) and Galax (HOF is very good)

But again if you are willing to overclock GM200 is basically a lock for 1500-1520 Boost and there is basically no difference whatsoever between the two outside of Si Lottery. So grab the one that you like best and call it a day.

See the Jayztwocents Kingpin Review

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Honestly if you're going to get 2 cards id wait for the furyx2 at this point dual gpu card for around the same price bound to give you way better performance and will only get better through dx12 and Vulkan

BTW if you are grabbing two cards, I'd personally not recommend 3 slot coolers for sli and in fact I would recommend an AIO as the top card (like the EVGA Hybrid) with any of these coolers below it, as a top AIO massively reduces case temps for sli.

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Honestly if you're going to get 2 cards id wait for the furyx2 at this point dual gpu card for around the same price bound to give you way better performance and will only get better through dx12 and Vulkan

Just saying the AoS benchmarks have the 980ti and fury x completely neck to neck (AT REFERENCE hahaha cya fiji) across the board.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

EVGA ACX 2.0 is bad. (Classy and KP are great, but not worth price premium)

Bro acx 2.0 is the shit

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

Bro acx 2.0 is the shit

It's bad man. IMHO they went way to far on the silent side and made the gpu hotter than basically everyone else's while other implementations are basically just as quiet (Palit Super Jetstream is a really good example of it.) And if you turn up fan speed it becomes basically sub par for the course at noise as well.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

It's bad man. IMHO they went way to far on the silent side and made the gpu hotter than basically everyone else's while other implementations are basically just as quiet (Palit Super Jetstream is a really good example of it.) And if you turn up fan speed it becomes basically sub par for the course at noise as well.

but it is still a nice cooler i'm getting a gtx 970 ssc ACX 2.0

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

but it is still a nice cooler i'm getting a gtx 970 ssc ACX 2.0

Well for a 145 W TDP card yea its overkill. I mean really all of the 970 coolers are massive overkill, hell even reference on that card is super strong temps wise.

It's not very good for a 250 W TDP card.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

Well for a 145 W TDP card yea its overkill. I mean really all of the 970 coolers are massive overkill, hell even reference on that card is super strong temps wise.

It's not very good for a 250 W TDP card.

Pretty much this.  I plan on watercooling my Classy though because holy shit it gets hot and loud fast.

I personally do not buy cards with factory overclocks. I like to buy cards that have stock settings but have upgraded coolers. I dont see the need to pay more for an overclock I can do myself. Now if you are trying something crazy with it then ok I can see the reasoning for buying the premium versions. 

Because you get good Performance. You can never be sure to get a good overclocker yourself. And you dont risk Lifespan of your card. There are enough reasons.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

I am looking at all of these

What cards is the "best" ? (By looking at benchmarks so does the Zotac seem to dominate all of them, but what is your experience? What would you get?
Or is there any other? (Like evga?)

Cheers

I own the Zotac and its a Monster with insane amount of Power. Its almost ridiculous how fast this card is.

But SLI this could be a Problem. 3 Slots each Card, you need a Mainboard that can handle this.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO