AMD GPU Equivalent to a GTX 970 o greater.

How bad is the power consumption though¿? I don't want the electricity bill to go up to high. Im gonna be living in a shared flat for uni. I'm afraid they'll complain if it suddenly spikes up cos of me

I would be highly surprised if you even notice the electricity difference.

R9 295X2 hydra edition xD

Lmao

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

hahaha, this isn't a difference that you'd notice, maybe 10$ more in a 1 year period of time of usage?

It should draw about 330W under peak system load while 970 draws abour 300W or so. Not much of a difference, the R9 3xx series is improved compared to the 2xx series in terms of temperatures and power draw, get the 390

From the moment I saw your name I knew you would be of help!! Thanks a lot. I'm planning on using it as an external gpu. Trying to save money on a gaming laptop for uni, cos mobile gpus suck in terms of bang for buck, and I'm a guy with a small budget hahahah

New to forums and a newbie in the techworld. Looking for all the advice I can get  :blink:  :ph34r:

Lmao

Thanks for the info :))

New to forums and a newbie in the techworld. Looking for all the advice I can get  :blink:  :ph34r:

I vote the 390 in this usage scenario, it also pisses on the 970... both can OC.

I would be highly surprised if you even notice the electricity difference.

ty for the help, will go for the 390 ;)

From the moment I saw your name I knew you would be of help!! Thanks a lot. I'm planning on using it as an external gpu. Trying to save money on a gaming laptop for uni, cos mobile gpus suck in terms of bang for buck, and I'm a guy with a small budget hahahah

You are welcome, we're all here to help as well as we can ^^ and thanks my name is indeed amazing :D

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

295x2 is far greater than 2-SLI 970 or a single 980ti base on experience. You do have to mess with its quirks like high heat output, power requirements and having to fiddle with settings when CF doesn't play well and also microstutter, a lot of microstutters.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero