UltraWide Festival 2015

have you guys done your monitor reviews yet? I'm really looking forward to seeing them.

I didnt even get the monitor to review yet -.- not LG fault... But im not the only one

I didnt even get the monitor to review yet -.- not LG fault... But im not the only one

so has anyone got a monitor yet?

Will trade a bacon sandwich for anything from LinusTechTips

Cardboard Dream Setup Entry!

https://youtu.be/Xrd4zJcE13E

Why do i always get blue screens? Why not a red one for a change?

Spoiler

CPU: 2920x  GPU: Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor X  MOBO: X399 Taichi  RAM: 4x 8GB Trident Z RGN 3200/14  CASE: 900D  OS SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 512GB  Storage: 20TB NAS  PSU: Corsair RM1000i  CPU COOLER: NH-U14S TR4 OS: Arch Linux Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 TKL  Mouse: MX Master 2S Headphones: BD DT 770 PRO 250 Ohm

Cardboard Dream Setup Entry!

https://youtu.be/Xrd4zJcE13E

has it taken a while for your application email to come though? Mine hasn't come yet. I know there was some delay on the ones for the previous competition so i dont know if that is happening again.

has it taken a while for your application email to come though? Mine hasn't come yet. I know there was some delay on the ones for the previous competition so i dont know if that is happening again.

I thought so too but it turns out gmail flaggs it as spam, so check your spam folder. It says so too on the ultrawide dream setup website under FAQ(Mini Event).

Why do i always get blue screens? Why not a red one for a change?

Spoiler

CPU: 2920x  GPU: Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor X  MOBO: X399 Taichi  RAM: 4x 8GB Trident Z RGN 3200/14  CASE: 900D  OS SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 512GB  Storage: 20TB NAS  PSU: Corsair RM1000i  CPU COOLER: NH-U14S TR4 OS: Arch Linux Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 TKL  Mouse: MX Master 2S Headphones: BD DT 770 PRO 250 Ohm

I thought so too but it turns out gmail flaggs it as spam, so check your spam folder. It says so too on the ultrawide dream setup website under FAQ(Mini Event).

i'm on icloud and it hasnt flagged any as spam before. I just checked my spam folder and its not there.

I thought this was sent out to everyone? I had to highlight it because it was white text on a white background for some reason.

EDIT: Wait I just realized how this could have been misinterpreted by me. Now nothing is clear. :/

yrcd7RO.png

i think what they meant by that is that the entries that have had the most social media interaction (likes, comments, etc) will determine the winner. "We are making YOU the judges" = the Ultrawide Festival community

by the way, there are a LOT of very impressive videos out there and on this forum for the Cardboard Setup contest, so I really hope y ou guys are doing your best to promote your video outside of this forum. I wanna see you guys win!!

I realize that we're probably not supposed to enter the cardboard thingy contest, but I had started one before the email was sent out asking us to be judges. I thought "heck, might as well finish what I've started," and here it is. 

jesus!

i wouldnt even be mad if you were allowed to submit that. there is no reason you shouldnt have a chance at a 2nd monitor with that kind of effort.

I fineally got the monitor today. Didnt have time to unbox it yet thought. Still dont know if I make the entry on time. Hope so...

Welp. I received my monitor on time but because of some urgent family business and also some broken equipment.... I am also heavily delayed with my entry and I am not sure if I can make it in time :(. but still, not receiving the monitor on the promised date and time is far worse because that is something you can't help at all. I wish all of you the best of luck with your entries and hopefully I can also complete mine! ^^

when do your entries have to be in by?

Welp. I received my monitor on time but because of some urgent family business and also some broken equipment.... I am also heavily delayed with my entry and I am not sure if I can make it in time :(. but still, not receiving the monitor on the promised date and time is far worse because that is something you can't help at all. I wish all of you the best of luck with your entries and hopefully I can also complete mine! ^^

anything is better than nothing! sorry to hear about your equipment. hope you  get to turn something in even if it's just a cameraphone thing

My conformation email still hasn't come for the cardboard one. has this happened to anyone else? I'm starting to get worried

My conformation email still hasn't come for the cardboard one. has this happened to anyone else? I'm starting to get worried

My email confirmation came within a minute of applying. It was in spam folder of gmail.

HELLO! “ Your name ”   Thank you for applying to Cardboard Dream Setup Event.

Your application has been processed successfully.

Thanks   -UltraWide Festival Team.

My email confirmation came within a minute of applying. It was in spam folder of gmail.

HELLO! “ Your name ”   Thank you for applying to Cardboard Dream Setup Event.

Your application has been processed successfully.

Thanks   -UltraWide Festival Team.

I emailed them and they said that my application was successful so i guess it doent matter if i haven't got the email.

anything is better than nothing!

Guess what? It's November 3rd (8:15 AM) and I haven't received the monitor. I'm going to say bye to my expectations of my dream setup.

The excuse of the delivery man? My phone number was wrong. However, UWFest Team has contacted me (today), sending me my number again. The problem is that it is NOT wrong! :lol: I have checked more than 10 times, and also the original reply email. It's written correctly. However, no missed calls no nothing. It is obvious these people don't want to deliver a 12kg packet and they just say that. Work ethics FTW... Don't you love Spain?

I don't know what I'm going to do... Just one day to finish it (in case it arrives). Granted, I've done a lot of things which don't need the monitor to appear on the shot, but it was supposed to arrive the 30th. It's 4 days less from the already little time they give us.

The deadline is november 5th

The team has ignored my petition of the tracking ID. I can't do anything. I'm really worried the packet will end somewhere else and I've got no proof that it is mine.

My Ultrawide Festival Semifinalist Entry (elected by UnboxTherapy):

My Ultrawide Festival Entry for the Finals:

If you are going to hate it for no reason, stay away. but if you really do, tell me why, you will help me on improving my style.

Guess what? It's November 3rd (8:15 AM) and I haven't received the monitor. I'm going to say bye to my expectations of my dream setup.

The excuse of the delivery man? My phone number was wrong. However, UWFest Team has contacted me (today), sending me my number again. The problem is that it is NOT wrong! :lol: I have checked more than 10 times, and also the original reply email. It's written correctly. However, no missed calls no nothing. It is obvious these people don't want to deliver a 12kg packet and they just say that. Work ethics FTW... Don't you love Spain?

I don't know what I'm going to do... Just one day to finish it (in case it arrives). Granted, I've done a lot of things which don't need the monitor to appear on the shot, but it was supposed to arrive the 30th. It's 4 days less from the already little time they give us.

The team has ignored my petition of the tracking ID. I can't do anything. I'm really worried the packet will end somewhere else and I've got no proof that it is mine.

At least you can say that you were one of the winners.

Damn, I got mine yesterday thought just as you - I did a lot of things before.

But i don't think that UltraWide team is fair here - I know its not their fault but they could give you the number at least...

Sorry to hear that. Really.

Damn, I got mine yesterday thought just as you - I did a lot of things before.

But i don't think that UltraWide team is fair here - I know its not their fault but they could give you the number at least...

Sorry to hear that. Really.

It turns out that I'm not getting the monitor today Tuesday the 3rd. I'm getting it Wednesday the 4th at 20:00. Yayyy!! One day to do the video!!...

So FedEx called my phone number asking me for my ID, my address again and an email address if I wanted to. All this without asking anyone to change my phone number. So the excuse FedEx said ("the phone number is not right") is just a blatant lie.

So fortunately, FedEx sent me an email telling me about taxes and stuff and they slipped in the tracking number. But the Ultrawide Festival Team has not sent it to me. I got it by myself, which makes me kinda sad. It turns out that, as I expected, customs had my packet the whole Friday (the day I was supposed to get it), the hole weekend and monday. No tracking info whatsoever during that period. Wonderful. They couldn't retain the next packet. It had to be mine.

My parents have allowed me to miss school the next two days, so I'm going to squeeze as much time as my body can handle. I'm commited to doing the video, and it will teach me a lot of things about video production for sure. For sure, I've already made a guideline to follow when handling the monitor, a shot list, I've made the soundtrack and even made some shots that require special FXs. I've prepaired the title, hashtags, description and prepared the main sequence.

But still, it is insane.

Time to write the fourth email to the team in a hope they will help the ones who haven't received the monitor in time. Much less who have received it during the deadline (2rd-5th Nov).

My Ultrawide Festival Semifinalist Entry (elected by UnboxTherapy):

My Ultrawide Festival Entry for the Finals:

If you are going to hate it for no reason, stay away. but if you really do, tell me why, you will help me on improving my style.

I got the shipping number the same way and my package was also held for the weekend however it's not even half as bad as in your case...

I've created part of my entry without the monitor but despite the fact that I have it, it seems like you've already done more with the entry than me :D.
Keep us informed!

Just to make sure, 3-5 november means including the 5th of November right? so if i submit my video on the fifth, it is on time right? 

Also, I will probably not win this because of some equip malfunction and personal business but I want to take this opportunity to wish everyone on here the best of luck with the last touches on your videos and I sincerely hope the best creation wins! It has been a ride :)

I finally got my monitor too, but wouldn't you know it, luck decided it was a great time to give me a cold and a fever. Good luck to everyone, I'm going to have a hard time making the deadline. I wish you all the best :)

I finally got my monitor too, but wouldn't you know it, luck decided it was a great time to give me a cold and a fever. Good luck to everyone, I'm going to have a hard time making the deadline. I wish you all the best :)

I have that too :D. I actually got an antibiotic 2 days ago. I have to recors a vocal to the song Im making for it and I still can barelay talk :D. I dont know why Im laughing at that. I guess it just so bad that makes me smile, :P

Submitting tomorrow on the fifth would be fine i suppose? don't know what timezone the festival organisation is in though... I guess in the USA? or in south korea? could make a difference on what they consider November 5th.