UltraWide Festival 2015

any find their instructions of the deadline saying "Nov. 3 - 5" a bit weird? It's like... what? Why not just say the 5th?

People are talking about Blacklight Bleeding in their new monitor,

and I'm just here like:

"Is it here yet?"

Im still waiting for mine ;)

My "multi adaptor" has just arrived. However, my monitor hasn't arrived yet. FYI, it's been sent by UPS from South Korea.

It's an adapter that adapts European, USA/Japan/Australia/New Zealand plugs to all those kinds of plugs. It's also got a fuse and a power indicator, which is nice because some of the power plugs in hotels can sometimes be disconnected. It's actually quite a nice unit!

I'm sure the monitor's power brick uses an universal IEC plug which everyone has, but this is quite a nice toch! I can never find these kinds of adaptors where I live in.

My Ultrawide Festival Semifinalist Entry (elected by UnboxTherapy):

My Ultrawide Festival Entry for the Finals:

If you are going to hate it for no reason, stay away. but if you really do, tell me why, you will help me on improving my style.

My "multi adaptor" has just arrived. However, my monitor hasn't arrived yet. FYI, it's been sent by UPS from South Korea.

It's an adapter that adapts European, USA/Japan/Australia/New Zealand plugs to all those kinds of plugs. It's also got a fuse and a power indicator, which is nice because some of the power plugs in hotels can sometimes be disconnected. It's actually quite a nice unit!

I'm sure the monitor's power brick uses an universal IEC plug which everyone has, but this is quite a nice toch! I can never find these kinds of adaptors where I live in.

Same here. Funny thing :D.

Anyway, I fineally checked the manual (how is that possible that I didn't do it before....). Monitor can be plugged to a max voltage of 240 V :).

Finally Recieved the monitor today and got it all hooked up, and just....

how can I say it?

"this thing is really big..."

Ooh~

So as some of you know - I do have the shipping number of my monitor. And just 30 minutes ago, my delivery got delayed to NOVEMBER 2ND due to customs clearance...love my country... I wrote an e-mail to DreamSetup Team if I could send the entry 2 days later... I was planning to make the entry on weekend...good luck...

Yeah, I'm pissed off....

The answer:
"We very sorry for the delayed delivery

In principle, we cannot extend deadline due to campaign schedule. 

There are few participants who get a monitor next Monday(2nd NOV) including you. 
We are sorry again for delayed delivery, but please comply with the due date. "

So as some of you know - I do have the shipping number of my monitor. And just 30 minutes ago, my delivery got delayed to NOVEMBER 2ND due to customs clearance...love my country... I wrote an e-mail to DreamSetup Team if I could send the entry 2 days later... I was planning to make the entry on weekend...good luck...

Yeah, I'm pissed off....

That really sucks man... I really hope the Setup Team will compensate you for this and I wish you the best of luck still making the video. Go for it!

Yeah, I'm pissed off....

The answer:

"We very sorry for the delayed delivery

In principle, we cannot extend deadline due to campaign schedule. 

There are few participants who get a monitor next Monday(2nd NOV) including you. 
We are sorry again for delayed delivery, but please comply with the due date. "

I'm not even sure what the deadline is? 3, 4 or 5 november? also. they just sent out another e-mail about using some sort of leaflet as a reference in the video. could be frustrating for people that may have their video all planned out or partly finished already? :S

I'm not even sure what the deadline is? 3, 4 or 5 november? also. they just sent out another e-mail about using some sort of leaflet as a reference in the video. could be frustrating for people that may have their video all planned out or partly finished already? :S

Deadline is the 5th of november. They 3th~5th in the email. The "~" sign was also used by them on their website and it meant that "since x to x"

Also, I have my video planned so the leaflet sucks for me...

Deadline is the 5th of november. They 3th~5th in the email. The "~" sign was also used by them on their website and it meant that "since x to x"

Also, I have my video planned so the leaflet sucks for me...

with "refer to" do they mean have to show/use/explain it? mention it? I'm at a loss here :/ 

with "refer to" do they mean have to show/use/explain it? mention it? I'm at a loss here :/ 

No idea.

Im pretty sure they just sent that to give us an overview of the monitors specs/features/capabilities to give us more stuff to discuss about in our videos. 

-SNIP- My delivery got delayed to NOVEMBER 2ND... Yeah, I'm pissed off....

Guess what. I think we are in quite the same position right now.

So with my mom beign present at home the whole day, the monitor hasn't arrived.

So what makes things worse? November the 2nd IS A NATIONAL HOLIDAY in my country, and no-one works or is required to work. All schools, public places and post offices are closed. :angry: :angry: :angry:

So I would receive the monitor midday Tuesday 3rd. So arriving at the afternoon from school at 18:00, I've got maximum 5 hours each day (if I don't take any break for having dinner, neither having a bath). That gives me a total of 15 hours while sleeping less, to form a honest opinion and points about the monitor, to light, record, layer, edit, color correct, produce the frickin' soundtrack, export it and upload it.

And trust me, it's not my problem. I have received 2 UPS packets this week (from LG, Korea), 1 Amazon packet and 1 packet delivered by GLS (a local company).

Really, I have complained about how crappy Spain's postal system is. How customs stall some packets just because they don't want to look at them at the moment and your product gets delayed a week. I'm fed up with deliverymen calling you at your building to let them in and instead of delivering a packet, leaving you a "not present at the time of delivery" notice (even though it is absolutely ilegal). Crazy.

And even though fedEx is not a Spanish public enterprise, customs is. I'm so pissed off. Not at LG, but again, at the philosophy almost all the people people from my country have. Beign a "public servant" in Spain means if you work better, you get paid more. But if you work awfully, they'll still pay you and no-one can fire you except in case you commit a serious crime. Guess how the country works. -_-

@KaplaRecords I hope they give us a fair opportunity to compete for the final prize...

My Ultrawide Festival Semifinalist Entry (elected by UnboxTherapy):

My Ultrawide Festival Entry for the Finals:

If you are going to hate it for no reason, stay away. but if you really do, tell me why, you will help me on improving my style.

hey guys this is my carboard dream setup entry if you want to see it

[youttube]

[/youttube]

@rgon

Wow, i'm a lucky guy when compared to you...I just don't get it why they can't just move the deadline for like 2 days...I'm sure they wanted us to have the monitors for more than 2 days...

When it comes to my monitor, I do have some hope.
I know that my monitor has been sent to my city today at 16:39. So it's probably in my city already. The courier would not give the monitor to my house on Saturday but they have an opened department in Gdańsk. So tomorrow I'm calling them as as I see the confirmation from Gdańsk to ask if I could just go there and get it. Maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe they would agree. We'll see.

I realize that we're probably not supposed to enter the cardboard thingy contest, but I had started one before the email was sent out asking us to be judges. I thought "heck, might as well finish what I've started," and here it is. 

I realize that we're probably not supposed to enter the cardboard thingy contest, but I had started one before the email was sent out asking us to be judges. I thought "heck, might as well finish what I've started," and here it is. 

https://youtu.be/LoxeiZlwZeA

Eeeee. I didnt get that email O.o

you guys are the judges? That's pretty cool.

Will trade a bacon sandwich for anything from LinusTechTips

wait what? we're supposed to be judges? that's cool. didnt get the email though. 

do any of you know what time the entries had to be in for the cardboard setup video? it didnt say a time on the website, just a date.

wait what? we're supposed to be judges? that's cool. didnt get the email though. 

Eeeee. I didnt get that email O.o

I thought this was sent out to everyone? I had to highlight it because it was white text on a white background for some reason.

EDIT: Wait I just realized how this could have been misinterpreted by me. Now nothing is clear. :/

yrcd7RO.png

I thought this was sent out to everyone? I had to highlight it because it was white text on a white background for some reason.

EDIT: Wait I just realized how this could have been misinterpreted by me. Now nothing is clear. :/

yrcd7RO.png

have you guys done your monitor reviews yet? I'm really looking forward to seeing them.