Is Rockstar EA'ing the PC market with game releases

red_jelly

Guy haven't you noticed that every game that rockstar publishes doesnt make it to PC at the same time as the consoles. Why do you think that may be? Is there a secert game publishing union that's ruled by EA and rockstar is a member? Who knows but i want my GTA5 on PC when it comes out for PS3. What are you throughts :D :D

Cpu: 5820K @4.0GHz   Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-SLI    Ram: Patriot Signature 16GB @ 2133   GPU: Gigabyte G1 980  Soundcard: ASUS DX  

Speakers: Logitech Z906 and Astro A40's   Keyboard: Logitech G510

Cause they suck at PC programming. They are so bad at it and they know it. So they fear the backlash they will get by releasing a crappy port. They should hire some other company to do the porting for them. But I guess that would hurt their pride.

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.

Rockstar does not have a proper PC porting team. They are hiring more PC programmers though top help with porting.

They want to make some money before 'everyone' just downloads it from some warez site ;)

Yeah cause they think everyone is a pirate on the pc side. So if they release it 6 months later, people who have a pc AND a console, will buy it on the console and then they might buy it again on pc, MOAR PROFIT FOR THEM

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

They delay it so people buy it twice basically, smart move.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

GTA 4 showed Rockstar's x86 porting skills. In short: it was a mess.

The longer one of their PC games takes to finish, the better it will be.

I'm sorry for the PC community for not having Red Dead for this very same reason

144Hz goodness

I have to say that one of the biggest dissapointments of my life, in ALL of my life, including personal, Red Dead not being on PC was up there.

I have to say that one of the biggest dissapointments of my life, in ALL of my life, including personal, Red Dead not being on PC was up there.

Red Dead is a good game.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Nah. Don't care if it comes out on PS3 or 360 before everything else. I'll just pirate it for PS3 and then i'll buy it on PC... if its a good port. If it isn't then I guess i'll pirate it again. If the developer doesn't create the game properly they don't deserve my money.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Red Dead is a good game.

Yes, it is. Missed it when I was on pc and sold my ps3.

Perhaps you misunderstood my previous quote?

I still like Rockstar. I think they're beginning to realise that they can actually make money from the PC. Especially since they've recently been looking to hire a team dedicated to porting games to PC, so I'm hoping their future ports are better than GTA IV.

Also, I never cared about RDR. I played about half of the game on Xbox 360 and it was terrible.

If they don't port this to PC...

They...they have to! It's got so much opportunity in it how can they not!

after that whole stage of "we won't be releasing for PC because lots of people pirated GTA4" bollocks i'm really not all that interested, they are clearly idiots, they still made a fortune from people who actually bought the game. All i kept thinking at that stage was WTF! That is like McDonalds going "screw it were not selling food anymore because some of our customers ate at KFC"...... Although having said i would rather wait for a version of GTA5 that was properly coded for the PC rather than having something like the giant cluster f**k of code that was GTA4, that game has more patches than the props department for the pirates of the caribbean.

after that whole stage of "we won't be releasing for PC because lots of people pirated GTA4" bollocks i'm really not all that interested, they are clearly idiots, they still made a fortune from people who actually bought the game. All i kept thinking at that stage was WTF! That is like McDonalds going "screw it were not selling food anymore because some of our customers ate at KFC"...... Although having said i would rather wait for a version of GTA5 that was properly coded for the PC rather than having something like the giant cluster f**k of code that was GTA4, that game has more patches than the props department for the pirates of the caribbean.

That analogy does not work at all. But I agree, I'd rather wait for a decent version of GTA V to come to the PC if it means that we won't have a repeat of GTA IV.

That analogy does not work at all. But I agree, I'd rather wait for a decent version of GTA V to come to the PC if it means that we won't have a repeat of GTA IV.

yes it does, some people bought it from rockstar "mcdonalds" and some pirated it "KFC" lol Rockstar still made money even if a lot of people did pirate it.

yes it does, some people bought it from rockstar "mcdonalds" and some pirated it "KFC" lol Rockstar still made money even if a lot of people did pirate it.

But Rockstar hasn't stopped making or selling their games on the PC. They were just being vague on whether or not it would release on PC. We all know it will, they just want people to buy the console versions first so then people will buy it again for PC.

But Rockstar hasn't stopped making or selling their games on the PC.

a few months back they were saying they weren't going to do gta5 and as said above they didn't bother to do red dead redemption.

a few months back they were saying they weren't going to do gta5 and as said above they didn't bother to do red dead redemption.

I don't remember them ever saying that they weren't going to release GTA V on PC, just that they weren't certain if they were going to do it. Red Dead is only one example. Rockstar have released their recent games on the PC.

They don’t prioritise PC because gta sa (for example) was one of the most pirated games ever,  I don’t think anyone on PC legitimately bought that game.

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

Yes, it is. Missed it when I was on pc and sold my ps3.

Perhaps you misunderstood my previous quote?

No, I just stated that Red Dead is a good game and you missed it

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

But Rockstar hasn't stopped making or selling their games on the PC. They were just being vague on whether or not it would release on PC. We all know it will, they just want people to buy the console versions first so then people will buy it again for PC.

I think there doing it, to sell the Game twice.

They wil just bring a half Year after the Ps3/Xbox360 Version a Next Gen Version for PC/XboxOne/Ps4.

Because nobody will buy the Ps3/Xbox360 Version if they know it comes for Ps4/XboxOne/PC a few Months later.

RTX2070OC 

No, I just stated that Red Dead is a good game and you missed it

No, there are 2 ways to perceive that

1. You think I meant that somehow I insulted Red Dead and you went: Red Dead is a good game

2. You also think Red Dead is a good game and stated it

So I wasn't sure what you thought you perceived was right.