Is signing up for vessel worth it?

Sandvich

Are there any vessel users here, not just for LTT. But is it worth it? Correct me if I am wrong but people still create content for vessel at the same speed so you wouldn't be getting a bigger dose of Linus as the intervals between the videos on vessel is the same as YouTube? And you are just paying for seeing a video a week before like getting a game a month earlier and still waiting 18 months for the next release ( accounting that you get the next game 1 month early ). But if you subscribe from it you have to wait one week with no new Linus videos. And get withdrawal with no new Linus context. 

you get videos faster, and some new videos not aired yet to see, if you sign up for Vessel.

Ex) Upcoming reviews now, instead of a few weeks on YT

the idea of vessel is you can "support the content creator" (fork over cash) to see videos one week faster.

no.

it is too young and un-developed as of right now.

give it a couple years and then sign up.

you get the stuff one week earlier. I use it. and its good. still have some work to do on the site and apps tho. but it works well

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

you get videos faster, and some new videos not aired yet to see, if you sign up for Vessel.

Ex) Upcoming reviews now, instead of a few weeks on YT

But are the intervals between the videos the same as youtube?

But are the intervals between the videos the same as youtube?

They are still on a scheduled upload, So *Correct me if I'm wrong* They get uploaded the same time as a new vod on LTT YT

If your only there to watch LTT then no

If your like me and watch like 20 differenat channels on there then it's worth the 8 bucks

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

if It was ~$30 a year I might do it too get scrapyard and the longer form content from some others on vessel sooner, but at $7 or $8 a month they just don't have enough exclusive content to make me pay for it.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

Paying for Vessel has two real reasons. For one, you don't get intrusive pre-roll advertisements and usually the media creators (I know Linus and Lew do this) remove their in-video sponsorship ads. And for two, you can see new videos earlier than the YouTube community gets to, anywhere from two days to a week it seems.

I think paying for it is worth it especially if you watch more than just one channel. I watch LinusTechTips, ChannelSuperFun, TechQuickie, The Wall Street Journal, Mythbusters, HardwareCanucks and others.

Is it nice to have seven-day free access?

Yes.

Is it worth the $8/mo price tag?

Hell no.

It's $3 a month...

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Isn't it just $2.99 a month?

D0ciMQg.png

I haven't seen the price pop up in ages, So I was going off others replies on the price. at $3 a month I'll probably re-up my sub.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

But once you cancel won't have to wait extra weeks to watch The videos on YouTube ensuring that you keep your subscription?

Once my free year is up, I don't think I'll be paying for it just to see LTT videos early.

definitely. theres videos that were on vessel for a month and still not youtube. just "one week" is not true. 

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

I've thought about this question for a while and still don't have a good answer for it.

I feel like you should only get it if you have a stable job and already have enough money for things that are necessary. (Like food, shelter, insurance, etc.)

They do have a really cheap price per month which to me feels like a steal.

I've thought about this question for a while and still don't have a good answer for it.

I feel like you should only get it if you have a stable job and already have enough money for things that are necessary. (Like food, shelter, insurance, etc.)

They do have a really cheap price per month which to me feels like a steal.

If you can't pay for your basic necessities I have a feeling you shouldn't be paying for internet never mind internet content subscriptions.

If you can't pay for your basic necessities I have a feeling you shouldn't be paying for internet never mind internet content subscriptions.

That's what I'm saying. If you CAN pay for basic necessities and have no problem doing so, then Vessel is an option.

That's what I'm saying. If you CAN pay for basic necessities and have no problem doing so, then Vessel is an option.

My post was more about the absurdity of that even needing to be said.

My post was more about the absurdity of that even needing to be said.

Oh. I see what you mean. I'm sorry.