[NewEgg - US] Western Digital 2TB Green Drive $69.99 after coupon

Dealzon

Very decent price today on this Western Digital 2TB Green Drive at NewEgg. After coupon the price drops to $70. Amazon is $79 while most retailers are over $80.

Coupon valid through Tuesday, September 8th.

western-digital-wd-black-2tb-internal-ha

• Deals listed by Dealzon help support LMG / Linus Tech Tips
  • More PC game deals here
  • Latest PC game retailers sales here

Nice find, but not sure a lot of people use WD Greens.

most people here use them as storage drives

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

If you plan to buy one of those drives, you can use it just for storage. Their performance is a bit worse than a blue drive, and dont expect to RAID those drives, because when they idle RAID systems think that the hard drive failed and its going to be a real mess.

CPU: AMD FX 6300 4.6 GHZ 1.392vCore ||||| Cooler: Hyper 212 evo ||||| MOBO: Gigabyte 990XA UD3 REV 3.0 ||||| RAM: Kingston Hyperx Fury (Single channel) 1866 8GB CL10 ||||| GPU: Sapphire HD 7770 1GB ||||| PSU: CoolerMaster G550m 80+ Bronze ||||| SSD: Kingston SSDnow v300 ||||| HDDs: 2x 250gb 1x Wedstern Digital 320gb |||| Case: CoolerMaster Silencio 650 Black Pure Midnight

These drives are suited mostly for media storage, as they use ~40% less power than WD's other drives.  I plan to switch my Barracudas over to these whenever I move out next year.

OS:Windows 10 Pro |  CPU:Intel Core i7 4790k | GPU:ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) | MoBo:ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Storage: 500GB Crucial MX200 SSD, 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (x2) | Monitors:Acer XB270HU/ASUS VH238H | Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Chroma w/ Razer Greens | Mouse:Razer Deathadder Chroma | Headset:BeyerDynamic DT990Pro w/ Antlion Modmic

Nice find, but not sure a lot of people use WD Greens.

A lot of people do for media storage and cheap NAS solutions

This would have been good in my two-bay enclosure connected to my TV.   I like Green drives a lot.

Very decent price today on this Western Digital 2TB Green Drive at NewEgg. After coupon the price drops to $70. Amazon is $79 while most retailers are over $80.

Coupon valid through Tuesday, September 8th.

western-digital-wd-black-2tb-internal-ha

damn I just got one :(

If you plan to buy one of those drives, you can use it just for storage. Their performance is a bit worse than a blue drive, and dont expect to RAID those drives, because when they idle RAID systems think that the hard drive failed and its going to be a real mess.

Yeah, gotta go with WD Reds or Seagate Enterprise drives if you want to do a RAID array for a NAS or PLEX server, for example.

Yeah, gotta go with WD Reds or Seagate Enterprise drives if you want to do a RAID array for a NAS or PLEX server, for example.

I've had a pair of 2TB WD Greens in RAID 1 for over a year now, no issues to speak of. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro