How risky is it for people to still be running Windows XP?

With Microsoft's extended support for Windows XP ended, how vulnerable is a PC still running it, or, how well protected can a person make themselves with safe browsing habits?

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

I would guess if you are careful and don't press any obvious links to malware you should be "safe". Just leaks in Windows won't be fixed, through which people could get access to your stuff,.

FX-6300 cooled by Nepton 240M | EVGA GTX 970 SuperClocked | 8GB G.Skill ValueRAM | Cooler Master 690 III | Sharkoon WMP 500 Bronze

Power supplies:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/406160-psu-ranking-and-tiers/ My F@h stats: http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=zyntaxable Intel vs. FX for gaming: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/401217-more-updated-fx-vs-intel-for-gaming/

It's interesting. I expected for things to absolutely blow up but there's been nothing major in the news.

It's extremely easy for any hacker to get in - even if your files were not worth the hassle previously, now that there almost ISN'T a hassle that's no protection any longer. Specifically, your credit card information might be on your pc somewhere.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

It's interesting. I expected for things to absolutely blow up but there's been nothing major in the news.

Ditto. Though like some of the best exploits, they stay quiet, busily working their way into systems, until they're caught.. then things blow up.

I hate this subject.

Every day we are proven that nothing that is connected to the internet is safe. No matter what you do, someone can fuck you up one way or the other.

Win XP is super old so the chance that hackers come out with something revolutionary to target XP users is low imo.

I heard MS has extended support for military though.They will run XP until we get wiped out by Aliens or Skynet (no jokes, they cant upgrade, it would be difficult as not all of their software is supported by newer versions of windows).

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Windows XP is not safe at all but there is a version like XP called Windows Embedded POSReady 2009 and it is supported until 2019