AMD R9 Nano compared to a pencil!

ozziestig

How is AMDs naming scheme stupid for having a Fury X and Fury when Nvidia has a Titan X, Titan Z and a Titan?

Or 980 ti and 980 non ti. :D

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

How is AMDs naming scheme stupid for having a Fury X and Fury when Nvidia has a Titan X, Titan Z and a Titan?

They're both stupid. I laughed out loud when NVIDIA actually released the TITAN X with that name, because people had been making jokes for months since the release of the TITAN Z about how stupid NVIDIA's TITAN naming had become, and people would make jokes about what NVIDIA's next titan card would be:

PrTwRxv.png

They're both stupid. I laughed out loud when NVIDIA actually released the TITAN X with that name, because people had been making jokes for months since the release of the TITAN Z about how stupid NVIDIA's TITAN naming had become, and people would make jokes about what NVIDIA's next titan card would be:

PrTwRxv.png

Specifically I did.

I'm pretty sure I was the one to make that joke, I actually made that image. Where'd you find it?

The engine roars but then it gives, but never dies

We don't live we just survive

On the scraps that you throw awaaaaaay

Power of a thousand white dwarfs. 

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

that's the price of a 980 and this should wipe the floor with those - the fury does and this one is supposed to be faster iirc. If the fury were 500 bucks and this 550, then we'd be talking.

what? This card will compete with 980 frame to frame according to amd themselves, this card will be slower than fury non-x, how can you even write this without reading articles about fury cripple x.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

what? This card will compete with 980 frame to frame according to amd themselves.  <_<

never mind then :P I had heard it would be a full fury x core clocked a bit lower, which in theory should be faster than the fury's slightly cut down core.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

never mind then :P I had heard it would be a full fury x core clocked a bit lower, which in theory should be faster than the fury's slightly cut down core.

It will be a full fury x core clocked A LOT lower. It is 5% faster than 290x in AMD's released benchmarks.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

It will be a full fury x core clocked A LOT lower. It is 5% faster than 290x in AMD's released benchmarks.

dayum. then 650 buck is really excessive... although I guess if you MUST have that form factor that's the best you can get. I wonder if it will be able to overclock to fury x levels if properly cooled - that could make or break it.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

dayum. then 650 buck is really excessive... although I guess if you MUST have that form factor that's the best you can get. I wonder if it will be able to overclock to fury x levels if properly cooled - that could make or break it.

it's awful anyway. the amount of people who need a tiny card is not very high. especially because it's barely better than an overclocked 970 which is straight up half the price. And overclocking it to fury x makes no sense because fury x costs the same anyway and has a cooler included.

Spoiler

it's awful anyway. the amount of people who need a tiny card is not very high. especially because it's barely better than an overclocked 970 which is straight up half the price. 

yeah... if it offered fury performance at 550 bucks I could see it having a place, but r9 390 performance at 650 bucks is really not great.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

it's awful anyway. the amount of people who need a tiny card is not very high. especially because it's barely better than an overclocked 970 which is straight up half the price. And overclocking it to fury x makes no sense because fury x costs the same anyway and has a cooler included.

Nano is really strange card.

On the one side it is basicaly full Fury X core with HBM so the price is understandable as you still pay basicaly for the same hardware except it is clocked lower thus performing worse. But then it is only 175W TDP which means that it is very well bined card thus it is very limited in how many of them you can push to market and that pushes the price up. Kinda like what EVGA does with ASIC quality.

I would argue that it is priced OK. There wont be many of these cards on the market and people that will have need for them will quickly pick all of them up. Regarding ITX small form factor.. even if you look at ITX cases you see price premium everywhere... like if the case was made of gold or very rare metals while the cost to produce such case is a lot lower than to make full fledged ATX case. Same with SFX PSUs, etc... ITX stuff is starting to be a common thing but it still does carry quite a hefty price premium with it.

I think if it will perform at least as GTX 980 then the price of $650 is OK for such small formfactor and TDP. Not that I would pay for it because I would have no use for it.

Nano is really strange card.

On the one side it is basicaly full Fury X core with HBM so the price is understandable as you still pay basicaly for the same hardware except it is clocked lower thus performing worse. But then it is only 175W TDP which means that it is very well bined card thus it is very limited in how many of them you can push to market and that pushes the price up. Kinda like what EVGA does with ASIC quality.

I would argue that it is priced OK. There wont be many of these cards on the market and people that will have need for them will quickly pick all of them up. Regarding ITX small form factor.. even if you look at ITX cases you see price premium everywhere... like if the case was made of gold or very rare metals while the cost to produce such case is a lot lower than to make full fledged ATX case. Same with SFX PSUs, etc... ITX stuff is starting to be a common thing but it still does carry quite a hefty price premium with it.

I think if it will perform at least as GTX 980 then the price of $650 is OK for such small formfactor and TDP. Not that I would pay for it because I would have no use for it.

980 is 165w tdp card mate... http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-980/specifications

Spoiler

Please add original input in the OP.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I never said it isnt.

so why is fury cripple x is so much better than it is. it has higher tdp and more expensive. is it just because of the cooler? 99% chance that the cooler will suck.

Spoiler

so why is fury cripple x is so much better than it is. it has higher tdp and more expensive. is it just because of the cooler? 99% chance that the cooler will suck.

It has 10W more TDP than GTX980 yes.. but it is about half the size and it should perform about the same or slightly better as R9 390x which trades blows with GTX 980. Also I think (not certain) that AMD does measure TDP differently than NVIDIA and Intel. Whatever.. even if they doesent 10W TDP difference is neglectible. The point is that Fury Nano is the most powerfull ITX card out there (very most likely... again.. wait untill review). And I already explained my point on the price in the previous post.

If the cooler will suck? I dont know. I will just wait for reviews to see.

It has 10W more TDP than GTX980 yes.. but it is about half the size and it should perform about the same or slightly better as R9 390x which trades blows with GTX 980. Also I think (not certain) that AMD does measure TDP differently than NVIDIA and Intel. Whatever.. even if they doesent 10W TDP difference is neglectible. The point is that Fury Nano is the most powerfull ITX card out there (very most likely... again.. wait untill review). And I already explained my point on the price in the previous post.

If the cooler will suck? I dont know. I will just wait for reviews to see.

you said it's priced OK, it's priced disgustigly bad. If it performs like a 980 that means 970 overclocked will be at the same level and 970 is half the price. It's not priced OK.

Spoiler

you said it's priced OK, it's priced disgustigly bad. If it performs like a 980 that means 970 overclocked will be at the same level and 970 is half the price. It's not priced OK.

That makes 980 bad priced then too... Once again read my post regarding the pricing and read it 5x more carefully especialy the thing about ITX form factor hardware having a price premium over ATX hardware. From that sense.. yes the price is OK.

Also even if it wasnt OK AMD cant afford to sell it for cheaper as they would be loosing on each of these cards sold because it is god damn expensive to manufacture.

You are just comparing it to GTX 970 to make it look bad as you are blinded fanboy. Since when makes the high end GPU pricing sense? You always pay hefty price premium for 10%-20% more performance.

That makes 980 bad priced then too...

no 980 overclocks as well and it pushes itself close to 980 ti stock.

Neither of fury cards so far overclocks at all and fury nano is the most crippled out of all fury cards.

And nano is not a premium card, it's hyped as a premium card, but it's just slightly above mid range.

Spoiler

The 970 is a larger card with gimped vram. Also the entire lineup of NVidia cards are broken when it comes to async compute, that is being used in a lot of DX12 games we will see in the next half year.  The Nano will beat the crap out of 970 and 980 in DX12 and Vulkan games (based on what we've seen so far).

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

no 980 overclocks as well and it pushes itself close to 980 ti stock.

Neither of fury cards so far overclocks at all and fury nano is the most crippled out of all fury cards.

It does. R9 390x and R9 390 does too.

Fury X does OC quite well too. Just because there wasnt software to OC it at launch doesent mean people behind MSI Afterburner and software as such were sitting on their butts...

memory.gif

And of course you wont be able to OC Nano much... makes sense since it is such a small form factor with single fan.

Slap single fan on GTX 980 make it half in size and lets look how well it will OC.

It does. R9 390x and R9 390 does too.

Fury X does OC quite well too. Just because there wasnt software to OC it at launch doesent mean people behind MSI Afterburner and software as such were sitting on their butts...

And of course you wont be able to OC Nano much... makes sense since it is such a small form factor with single fan.

Slap single fan on GTX 980 make it half in size and lets look how well it will OC.

that is 10% gains. http://www.anandtech.com/show/9306/the-nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-ti-review/17

The 970 is a larger card with gimped vram. Also the entire lineup of NVidia cards are broken when it comes to async compute, that is being used in a lot of DX12 games we will see in the next half year.  The Nano will beat the crap out of 970 and 980 in DX12 and Vulkan games (based on what we've seen so far).

well it fucking better since it's so damn overpriced. it should beat the 980ti too or atleast match it.

Spoiler