How to utilize 100% of my GPU

Not a Black

So I recently purchase Evga Superclocked w/backplate Gtx 980 ti.

But the fps I get on Battlefield 4 at Ultra setting is significantly low than others on YouTube.

I get around 100 fps, min 70 and high 120 when a YouTube video had 130 fps constant, 150 high and 100 min at the exact same map. My GPU use 70% of its power (80%max) and I want it to use 90% of it's power (MSI Afterburner). Not sure about 100% because I'm concerned that I'm going to burn my GPU or my Teamspeak and other stuff's going to lag a bit.

I have i7 4770, 16gb ram. Please help!

-snip-

The other guy could of over overclocked. And are you playing on 1080p?

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

Probably a combination of a non-overclocked CPU, lower resolution and overpowered graphics card.

Lower resolution? I'm playing in 1080p

Sounds about right

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Isn't this indicative of hitting a CPU bottleneck? Especially at lower resolutions I imagine this could happen.

Edit: Crank up DSR and see if you get 100% usage. If you do it's definitely a CPU bottleneck.

LTT Unigine SUPERPOSITION scoreboardhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvq_--P35FbqY8Iv_jn3YZ_7iP1I_hR0_vk7DjKsZgI/edit#gid=0

Intel i7 8700k || ASUS Z370-I ITX || AMD Radeon VII || 16GB 4266mhz DDR4 || Silverstone 800W SFX-L || 512GB 950 PRO M.2 + 3.5TB of storage SSD's

SCHIIT Lyr 3 Multibit || HiFiMAN HE-1000 V2 || MrSpeakers Ether C

For a 980TI that's def. a low resolution.

What? I have no clue what you're trying to say right now

Isn't this indicative of hitting a CPU bottleneck? Especially at lower resolutions I imagine this could happen.

Edit: Crank up DSR and see if you get 100% usage. If you do it's definitely a CPU bottleneck.

How do I crank up DSR and see the CPU usage? Also,if it is CPU bottleneck getting i7'4790k will solve it?

How do I crank up DSR and see the CPU usage? Also,if it is CPU bottleneck getting i7'4790k will solve it?

DSR is in the Nvidia control panel. Then just watch the usage in the task manager or something.

A 4790k might solve it, but it probably won't. That gpu is straight overkill for 1080p so it has lots of headroom which will show where a cpu bottleneck exists.

Btw, your system will always have a bottleneck, just depends on where you hit it.

LTT Unigine SUPERPOSITION scoreboardhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvq_--P35FbqY8Iv_jn3YZ_7iP1I_hR0_vk7DjKsZgI/edit#gid=0

Intel i7 8700k || ASUS Z370-I ITX || AMD Radeon VII || 16GB 4266mhz DDR4 || Silverstone 800W SFX-L || 512GB 950 PRO M.2 + 3.5TB of storage SSD's

SCHIIT Lyr 3 Multibit || HiFiMAN HE-1000 V2 || MrSpeakers Ether C