Fractal Define R5 accessory box missing..

So finally after about 2 and a half weeks of waiting for my parts, i got everything including the case. Was really excited to finally get to build my first PC but lo and behold, the f***ing accessory box for the R5 wasn't there. I tried to google to see if this had happened to anyone else and could literally only find one case of this happening before.. Has this ever happened to one of you? I'm just really pissed off at the moment.

<p>CPU: i7-6700k Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS 8 Ranger RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2400mHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black Storage: Samsung 512GB 850 PRO Series SSD + Seagate 1TB HDD PSU: Corsair AX760 Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 Display: Asus ROG PG278Q

Message fractal about it and they should send you an accessory box free of charge

Message fractal about it and they should send you an accessory box free of charge

I actually already contacted the store I bought the case from and they're sending me the box. I wasn't actually asking for advice on what to do but just wanted to know how unlucky I actually am and if this has happened to any of you :)

<p>CPU: i7-6700k Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS 8 Ranger RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2400mHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black Storage: Samsung 512GB 850 PRO Series SSD + Seagate 1TB HDD PSU: Corsair AX760 Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61 Display: Asus ROG PG278Q

Fractal will send you one for free if you email them.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

There were parts missing from my Fractal case when I first got it. I sent it back immediately and got a replacement which has (touch wood) served me well since.

Any example of mass manufacturing will eventually get some defects - as long as the company/seller promptly fixes the issue its just an inconvenience - as annoying as it may be.

• 2 months later...

I bought the Fractal Design Define S, and the accessory box that was supposed to be attached with tape on the Styrofoam was not there!!!! There was only 1 unscrewed thumbscrew inside the case. 

The power button on the top of the case is not aligned in the center (which makes it ugly) and back side panel was slightly bulgy making it difficult to screw the side panel thumbscrews back!

Poor quality control, I am really disappointed :(

I contacted Fractal Design on their Technical Support page, waiting to see a reply....

• 3 weeks later...

Same here, I just got my define s from Newegg from a good black Friday deal (only 59.99!) And I didn't notice I had no accessory box until I was looking for the standoffs to put the motherboard in. I had already put my 6600k and hyper evo in the motherboard so I don't want to take them off and store the motherboard in its case, but I also can't just put it in my case without standoffs. Kinds frustrating. I'll be calling Newegg tomorrow to see if they can fix the problem, if not then I'll go through fractal.

• 2 months later...

Just received a Fractal Design Define S with one missing 2.5 inch tray behind the motherboard.

Hopefully it can be send as well.