What happen if you try to upgrade a Windows 7 PC without NX support through Windows Update?

bejamartins
Go to solution Solved by bejamartins,

wow, quite old. It's a good question, that I unfortunately don't have an answer for. 

It'll stop mid upgrade and rollback to the previous version of Windows you had installed.

I did go ahead an try, it didn't even tried to install, just downloaded Windows 10 and started the verification, and then gave a message saying I couldn't upgrade Windows for the lack of NX support.

So reservation appeared to me on a laptop I'm taking care of. The CPU doesn't support NX. I would usually force the upgrade but since 10 requires NX, I'm not sure I should attempt.

Edit: *happens

wow, quite old. It's a good question, that I unfortunately don't have an answer for. 

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

So reservation appeared to me on a laptop I'm taking care of. The CPU doesn't support NX. I would usually force the upgrade but since 10 requires NX, I'm not sure I should attempt.

Edit: *happens

It'll stop mid upgrade and rollback to the previous version of Windows you had installed.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

I did go ahead an try, it didn't even tried to install, just downloaded Windows 10 and started the verification, and then gave a message saying I couldn't upgrade Windows for the lack of NX support.