How to save downloaded pictures to Libraries\Pictures instead of C:\Users\Downloads?

Fiskander
Go to solution Solved by Arty,

That's awesome, Do you know any programs that is like this but is also free? This would be good for when downloading music too.

Free? Leaglly? hmmmmm let me look

http://softstribe.com/top-lists/top-10-alternatives-of-internet-download-manager

I recently built a new PC, I placed my OS on my SSD and made a new folder for pictures and changed the Libraries\Pictures location to my HDD and deleted the SSD ones so all my pictures are on my HDD and taking up space of that instead of the SSD.

What happends when I download pictures from emails or anywhere they automatic gets put in C:\Users\Alex\Downloads is there a way to change this so they automatic gets placed into my pictures folder? Thanks in advance.

I recently built a new PC, I placed my OS on my SSD and made a new folder for pictures and changed the Libraries\Pictures location to my HDD and deleted the SSD ones so all my pictures are on my HDD and taking up space of that instead of the SSD.

What happends when I download pictures from emails or anywhere they automatic gets put in C:\Users\Alex\Downloads is there a way to change this so they automatic gets placed into my pictures folder? Thanks in advance.

you would need thrid party software 

Internet download manger for example

it downloads videos to videos folder

pics to pics 

etc

It's usually a browser specific option. For edge/IE, there is no prompt to tell you where to put it, while in chrome it is settings -> advanced settings, click "ask where to save each file before downloading". Firefox, it's the same deal. "Always ask me where to save files".

or you can put them to auto download to a certain folder

Pics:

Chrome

28tf2nA.png

FoxyFire:

fjt6LM6.png

Ensure a job for life: https://github.com/Droogans/unmaintainable-code

Actual comment I found in legacy code: // WARNING! SQL injection here!

you would need thrid party software 

Internet download manger for example

it downloads videos to videos folder

pics to pics 

etc

That's awesome, Do you know any programs that is like this but is also free? This would be good for when downloading music too.

It's usually a browser specific option. For edge/IE, there is no prompt to tell you where to put it, while in chrome it is settings -> advanced settings, click "ask where to save each file before downloading". Firefox, it's the same deal. "Always ask me where to save files".

or you can put them to auto download to a certain folder

Pics:

Chrome

28tf2nA.png

FoxyFire:

fjt6LM6.png

Thanks, that's a good idea too, however I think this would so so that all my downloaded stuff would get into the pictures folder which I rather not have, but thanks anyway

Free Download Manager

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.