How to get/ buy star citizen?

GER_T4IGA

Idk how but I am interested in playing the game. How can I get it since iris not as easy as go into Amazon and searching star citizen.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/ Buy ships and beta access here. 

EDIT: to buy go Store-Pledge

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Idk how but I am interested in playing the game. How can I get it since iris not as easy as go into Amazon and searching star citizen.

There is a button in the center of the RSI-website that says in bright, friendly letters "Fly Now". Press it to begin your journey  :)

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

please, please , PLEASE actually do some research about the game before you get it though. its still pre alpha and unfinished, don't go in expecting an unfinished game.
Otherwise good luck :P2

Although this would be a good time to get into it, social module just came out, and from what it looks like, star marine is coming out pretty soon as well. Now we can do a little bit more than just flying around blowing stuff up (or getting blown up) :D

Me: Computer Engineer. Geek. Nerd.

[Educational] Computer Architecture: Computer Memory Hierarchy

[Educational] Computer Architecture:  What is SSE/AVX? (SIMD)

OMG! Are that prices for additional ships real?? Over $100? Is that a joke or am I missing something??

OMG! Are that prices for additional ships real?? Over $100? Is that a joke or am I missing something??

Better/bigger ships are more expensive, just like better/bigger everything in real life. No one's forcing you to spend over 300$ on a Hornet. I didn't. Get what you can afford now, buy everything you want with hard earned in-game money after SC is out. That's what I'll do. Unless I win the lottery.

Better/bigger ships are more expensive, just like better/bigger everything in real life. No one's forcing you to spend over 300$ on a Hornet. I didn't. Get what you can afford now, buy everything you want with hard earned in-game money after SC is out. That's what I'll do. Unless I win the lottery.

OK. Fair enough.

But I was pretty surprised and disgusted... Is there any other game with this kind of ridiculous in-app purchases? Do they expect anyone to buy it?? There is option for 18 grands... for that money I can almost buy real space ship :-)

OK. Fair enough.

But I was pretty surprised and disgusted... Is there any other game with this kind of ridiculous in-app purchases? Do they expect anyone to buy it?? There is option for 18 grands... for that money I can almost buy real space ship :-)

There are a lot of games that do this, and far many that do far worse. Just look at the mobile game market where half of it is either releasing the rest of the game, or buying items or time to speed up your progress. A lot of those have 20 and 50 dollar packages standard, that are then some are even inflated with a gambling/randomization mechanic that nullifies half of what you get from them. A lot of browser games usually require you to put in 100 to 300 usd to actually be competitive with other players. Most of those said games, people try to stay away from like the plague; however, they do exist, and people do play them.

Planetside 2, for instance, is also a free game, but anything in the game also has real money costs (if you choose to use it) where every single weapon you want to unlock is 7 to 15 usd, and each item that is purely for looks is at least 3 to 25 per. Then this also has a monthly subscription mechanic for about 10 per month. Then take a look at games like Hearthstone, another free game (fun as heck though). Where you pay for expansions 20-30 usd per, and card packs of 5 purely random cards usually run 2 to 3 usd per, depending on bulk. Granted, it is 5 cards, and the results are randomized, half of anything you buy will be practically dust. These two, costs aside are actually both fully free to play that give no one a permanent advantage. So this kind of market is actually considered sensible.

This is how the game market is. If anything, Star Citizen is 1) not a free to play game. Which means it has far better graphical fidelity, far better mechanics, and far better scope. 2) It is entirely player backed, which allows it to not get screwed over by publisher or investor demands, which ruin most AAA titles. Just keep in mind, the release of the game will actually be a 50-60 usd title, like most console or computer games cost. The next two installments of the single player will also be the same way (exact price for each is tbd); however, the PU multiplayer aspect will be open from the first installment, without any blockers.

So, if you are comfortable backing the project, feel free to back with the amount you feel comfortable with. If you don't feel comfortable, then you don't have to. Many are sticking with the base package that gives them the game and the first release of squadron 42 (which comes with beta and PU access). Others put in more than that.

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

WD Blue 1TB / HX850 / Phanteks Enthoo Pro

I see...

I will definitely buy that base package because whole game looks great, no doubt.

I see...

I will definitely buy that base package because whole game looks great, no doubt.

Only thing to keep in mind is that the package may or may not come with the Arena commander alpha/beta module ($5). This allows you to participate in the current alpha stage. The ship package is the squadron 42 pre-order, with PU beta access. You may or may not have to pay an extra $5 for alpha/beta access of star marine. All ships and packages are meltable or can be cross-chassis upgraded to better quality ships, so if you are not happy with a ship, you can possible change it out to another ship of the same cost, or with a little bit more money.

There aren't any other hidden fees outside of that, but just thought you would like to know.

There are also concept sales that give out Lifetime Insurance (LTI) for ships, which require you to not pay for hull insurance in the game for the ship. This can actually be a benefit for traders, miners, or combat people, so that they have a higher chance of ingame profit not having to spend ingame currency every mission and outing for it. Some of us only purchase ships we plan to use for that reason. As for the reason people order the more expensive stuff is actually for those with the money, higher quality investors that actually go the 15k route (I've met one that has put 45k plus in it).

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

its a way of giving money so they can develop the game

it will be different when the actual game comes out 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Yes, they're real, and yes, it's ridiculous. But bear in mind they've said all of the ships will be available to acquire within the game after release. These ships are more of an Early Access situation. Also, there are some that are more on the order of $50.

Personally I would not recommend jumping in until there is more of a playable game available. There isn't much to actually play at the moment.

please, please , PLEASE actually do some research about the game before you get it though. its still pre alpha and unfinished, don't go in expecting an unfinished game.

Otherwise good luck :P2

I know what I am up to. I heard about this even before the gangar demo (whatever-walk-around-update) came. Levelcap talked about it but I never thought about buying ever since. Until now. Just cause you seem so ... idk... do you think you can get by without a joystick?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                

There is a button in the center of the RSI-website that says in bright, friendly letters "Fly Now". Press it to begin your journey  :)

If you buy the base thing now do then also get acces to the finished game later?

3.Use

If you buy the base thing now do then also get acces to the finished game later?

That's the point of the packages.

If you want to play now however you'll have to check if your desired package has a Arena Commander module pass included. If not you're still able to buy one but that's 5$ extra.

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

I know what I am up to. I heard about this even before the gangar demo (whatever-walk-around-update) came. Levelcap talked about it but I never thought about buying ever since. Until now. Just cause you seem so ... idk... do you think you can get by without a joystick?

I play with mouse and keyboard and I'd say I'm a competent pilot lol

The base package comes with the beta access to the PU, and the pre-order to Squadron 42; which is the full single player game that comes with the full PU release. The game will not be free to play, so you will be paying 50-60 regardless at full release. Only difference of backing is for if you wish to try it during development, or if you want the LTI variations, or alternatively, want to get a further start in regards to ship types available to you at the beginning.

Since the package is the pre-order with PU beta access, the AC module, and what will be the Star Marine module, will be the alpha accesses to the testing portions of the game that is currently playable. The recently released (and to be expanded) iteration of the social module counts as part of the PU, and thus part of the base package. People who backed during the Kickstarter phase gets full alpha release, along with LTI for some of those early ships.

All of this I actually explained earlier in this thread....

As for joystick, it is not a requirement, nor does it give you a major advantage. Joystick and hotas is more for immersion anyways, if it makes it easier for you to play, then go for it. It is purely based on your playstyle and what works for you. Also, before any naysayers, there is actually a person that uses pedals and a bloody racing wheel that is actually among the higher tier players, so give it a bloody rest.

Still new, but learning

OK. Fair enough.

People have brought it, the idea is to limit the amount of people from having the top ships but stop everyone from having one type of ship at the start.

Basicly seeding the universe with ships. Once the game releases, the ships won't be available to anyone unless you buy them in game.

People have brought it, the idea is to limit the amount of people from having the top ships but stop everyone from having one type of ship at the start.

Basicly seeding the universe with ships. Once the game releases, the ships won't be available to anyone unless you buy them in game.

This ^

And you shouldnt look at the price of ships as thats the price of the ship, you should look at it as you are choosing an amount to help fund the game, because thats what its about ultimately. you can just as well wait for the game to come out and earn your ships in game. the only things you will be able to buy in game are cosmetic stuff