why peaple like to get i7 not i5 or i3

That's way, way too general. You cannot determine if a CPU bottleneck will be apparent without at least mentioning the game you're talking about and what framerate you are aiming for. An i3 isn't going to be a serious bottleneck in most games at 60 FPS.

There is a subjective performance difference between i7 and i5, both in desktop and in game (and especially in cpu heavy tasks). As a power-user, I find i5's hitch/stutter once in a while, which has disappeared with hyper-threading. In Gaming I have noticed the same thing for certain games, especially Frostbite Engine Games. This is my own subjective experience, and why I went from i5 to i5 and chose to eventually go the i7 route. If I had had a completely 100% smooth experience with previous i5's, I would still be using an i5.

Bottleneck of the century

What exactly do you expect would happen?

When a 4690k costs 240 normally and you can get a 5820k for a mere 60 dollars more why the hell wouldn't you?

It's a better performance per dollar.

uh no. Aside from the fact I wouldn't build anything with less than 8gb of ram anymore, the gpu is hardly the fastest available, even if the cpu were.

ok I'll take the i3 and titan

well it depends on which generation if its haswell and above it will be an amazing cpu for $100 usd if its not than an i3 isn't really worth it

yes it is but for price to performance the i3 destroys it

the i3 is an amazing cpu for gaming considering its price, it can hold its own against any i5 it wont be them but it does amazingly against i5's

the i3 is an amazing cpu and an i3 with a gpu to match an apu with a crossfired r7 gpu price

the i3 is a great cpu for gaming even out of the $500 budget

because i do so much more than game on my pc's. cad, 4790K rig. cfd sims, 8350 rig. and the list goes on and on. it's much deeper than bench scores and game scores. if you have to make a living with it you have to spend the money to make money. the rig I use at work has many, many cores and is pretty much worthless for anything i do here at the house. and yes, part of it is because I can, but a 4690K would do 90% of what I do at home.

Because I paid less for my i7 than most pay for their i5.

all of you speak about the 1150 chipset the i7 4xxxbut i have a 1155 chipset so wspeak about the 3xxx and 2xxx cpu 

all of you speak about the 1150 chipset the i7 4xxxbut i have a 1155 chipset so wspeak about the 3xxx and 2xxx cpu 

The same applies. a core i7 2600k is almost twice as fast as an i3 21xx in heavily multithreaded applications. Also, half of the people you quoted (including myself) didn't mention a cpu generation in particular. I also got mine for 200 bucks when it came out, so yeah.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

People buy i7 because of Hyper Threading.. and that's only useful in rendering and 3d modelling.

CPU Intel Core i5 4670k 4.4Ghz Motherboard MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming RAM Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB 2400Mhz

GPU GIGABYTE GTX 780 Windforce 3X OC Case Cooler Master HAF XM Storage Samsung 850 PRO 256GB, Samsung 840 EVO 256GB, Western Digital Blue 1TB

PSU Corsair RM 750 Display(s) Philips 22" Cooling Corsair H80i Keyboard OZONE Strike Pro

Mouse GIGABYTE M7 Thor Sound Genius 5.1 Surround Sound System Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Voltage Control NZXT Sentry 3

There is a subjective performance difference between i7 and i5, both in desktop and in game (and especially in cpu heavy tasks). As a power-user, I find i5's hitch/stutter once in a while, which has disappeared with hyper-threading. In Gaming I have noticed the same thing for certain games, especially Frostbite Engine Games. This is my own subjective experience, and why I went from i5 to i5 and chose to eventually go the i7 route. If I had had a completely 100% smooth experience with previous i5's, I would still be using an i5.

this is why people buy i7 even for gaming its true in some games i5 have micro stuttering while i7 dont

why peaple go to buy i7 not i5 or i3 when they have the same perfermance in gaming with any gpu like gtx 750 ti gtx 970 or titan x??????

its very simple because they can.

I game and watch streams and videos on my second screen at the same time that's why i use a i7.