PC spec site [creation thread]

jameshumphries47

because i i could do with more stuff being done, like making mock ups of how the website should look, if i have something to look at i can make it i find things hard doing it from scratch

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

because i i could do with more stuff being done, like making mock ups of how the website should look, if i have something to look at i can make it i find things hard doing it from scratch

I could design you something for free, just give me some info on how it should look like (can work on it tomorrow evening)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I could design you something for free, just give me some info on how it should look like (can work on it tomorrow evening)

well mainly a really modern design of a website, if you know what i mean a template, if i have something to look at it makes it  a hell of a lot easier to make, just do what ever. you dont have to do this if you dont want to. But just something that looks modern, up to scratch and if you can try and make a logo, but please dont feel like im forcing you to do any of this :) 

would you like to see what i have currently then you know what sort of headings i have and so on? 

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

well mainly a really modern design of a website, if you know what i mean a template, if i have something to look at it makes it  a hell of a lot easier to make, just do what ever. you dont have to do this if you dont want to. But just something that looks modern, up to scratch and if you can try and make a logo, but please dont feel like im forcing you to do any of this :)

would you like to see what i have currently then you know what sort of headings i have and so on? 

Nah, it's no problem. 

Would be cool to see what you have already, so I have an idea of what you want

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Nah, it's no problem. 

Would be cool to see what you have already, so I have an idea of what you want

sure ill pm you some imgur links because some of the stuff is pretty embarrising

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

Day 5 (yesterday): i did a lot of research on how i will get things done and how they will function, lots and lots and lots of diagrams on paper :) so at about lunch time i thought im going to try and make a login script (not for users but so staff can have a backend to work from) after about 5 hours of using out of date information and trying to fix it. i gave up. so Back to the drawing paper, and i have come up with an idea, everyone who monitors and runs the website will be given a either 16 character/ 32 long string of letters numbers symbols, which when entered or pasted, IF correct, you will have a few more steps of validation and entering information, then BAM you are into the the control panel. so i wrote that all up and drew our how im going to do

that. so its about 5-6pm and i decide that im going to work on the script that takes users from the search list, too a page Depending on which link you press, Without the user understanding whats in the URL., now i did about 4 hours of research and nope, no luck i was giving up, so again back to making diagrams, and i have no idea how this could even happen, because i have it in a while loop, and i need a value assigning to a variable if a button is pressed, problem is its in a while loop, so what you do to one variable name and value wise, is most likely happen to them all, i lay on my bed for 50 minutes couldn't sleep and it poped into my head on how to do it.

so i have a id column on my database, and a counter on the search page, every time a new row is added 1 more is added to the total, then i use a link to send the value of the counter when the button is pressed then that gets displayed for testing purposes on another page, then i went to bed, but i plan to compare the counter value, with the row id (the numbers match up) and then display the item screen to the user. the beauty of doing , it this way is the user, will not really understand how my system works therefor should be hard to ruin. 

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

Added my Samsung 850 EVO benchmarks.

thankyou, ive done so much today, ill be posting a video here in the next hour or so :D 

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

thankyou, ive done so much today, ill be posting a video here in the next hour or so :D

Will add my system parts later:) I must say this is a brilliant idea. I shall follow this topic with much interest.

My system has two 980ti's, I'm making up for my small gentials

Will add my system parts later:) I must say this is a brilliant idea. I shall follow this topic with much interest.

thank you for the kind words :/ thats nice, im pleased im making something that people want 

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

if its intel; i think piriform speccy is the best

what?

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

Added my 750Ti

Will change sometime soon when I get new CPU as I think mine holds the 750ti back but not for sure until I get a new CPU

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

by the way "https://www.piriform.com/speccy" can't properly detect/determined the cpu temps if its AMD

im making a website, where users can see what sort of performance they will be getting on their machines :P 

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

im making a website, where users can see what sort of performance they will be getting on their machines :P

give me the link to the site

give me the link to the site

its not complete yet, i have not put it live as it is not ready to be 

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

its not complete yet, i have not put it live as it is not ready to be 

Where are you going to be hosting it? Just curious 

Where are you going to be hosting it? Just curious 

most likely hostinger unless it brings in enough revenue for a server i will most likely rent with a bigger company :) but im not sure, on first release to just this forum will be with hostinger and a .tk domain, while i build up more functionality i will extend it to more people and hopefully it will take off! then it will be hosted on a server, and a live back up in my house, and a .com/.co.uk domain

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

here you go guys day 6.... basic idea= achived! i need to add much more stuff to id, hoping this will take maybe 2 months then when i get a design then a month of doing that :D enjoy.... any ideas just post them

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

NP, soon I'll also add my gtx 970 and i5 4690k benchmarks. Good luck making your site :D .

NP, soon I'll also add my gtx 970 and i5 4690k benchmarks. Good luck making your site :D .

thankyou, everbodies data helps me out alot :) 

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

What if (later, when the site gets developed a little more) you would add the percentage difference, when comparing 2 PCs or CPU's together, of how much better is 1 to another.

Something like this: (ok, a little better than this....)

What if (later, when the site gets developed a little more) you would add the percentage difference, when comparing 2 PCs or CPU's together, of how much better is 1 to another.

Something like this: (ok, a little better than this....)

attachicon.gifnnn.jpg

thats is the eventual goal

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}