Micro-USB with Fast Charging

Fingerprint scanner on side + built-in NFC

Non-removable battery but with Micro SD and SIM flaps

Device Specific specs:

Z5 Compact: 4.6 inch 720p screen

Z5: 5.2 inch 1080p screen

Z5 Premium/Ultra 5.5 inch 4K Display

Sony-Xperia-Z5.png

Sony Mobile will launch three new Xperia handsets next week which include the Sony Xperia Z5, Xperia Z5 Compact and the Xperia Z5 Premium according to sources at PhoneArena.

The same source provided a picture of the upcoming flagship in gold (see below), which shows Sony’s new fingerprint sensor as seen in previous leaks. If you look carefully, you will notice some of the other models in the background, including the teal-coloured version we leaked earlier in the week

The three models will primarily differ as per below:
– Sony Xperia Z5: Features a 5.2-inch display with FHD (1080 x 1920) pixel resolution
– Sony Xperia Z5 Compact: Features a 4.6–inch display with HD (720 x 1280) pixel resolution
– Sony Xperia Z5 Premium: Features a 5.5–inch display with QHD (1440 x 2560) pixel resolution

If the above turns out to be true, then the Xperia Z5 Premium will not feature a 4K UHD (2160 x 3840) display, despite some evidence to the contrary. This was perhaps always a bit far-fetched for a H2-2015 launch, but it doesn’t rule out such a high-pixel density device appearing in 2016.

All three models will include a 23MP rear camera (as we confirmed earlier this week) with the ability to record 4K video. Other specs include the Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 chipset, 3GB RAM, 32GB internal storage. 8MP front-facing camera (so not the 13MP front-facing camera seen in the Xperia C5 Ultra and Xperia M5). Sony Mobile’s press event takes place on Wednesday 2 September at 15.00 BST. We’ll bring you further news at that point.

IMO the Compact is my next phone. The SD810 will last for years to come with a 720p screen, and the Compact phones are always cheap and cheerful on contract here in the UK. Shame it isnt the SD820, but with a 720p screen, you wont notice a difference in GPU performance. Hope it doesn't overheat though. 

Source: http://www.xperiablog.net/2015/08/30/new-xperia-z5-picture-leaks-plus-further-details-on-next-weeks-launch/

EDIT: Adjusted Z5 Premium specs

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Really 720p?

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

I liked the Z series Compact all the time.

Powerful phone comes in small package.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Z5? isn't the Z4 not even released yet? :D or are they skipping numbers?

Looks great though. If you're abled to add Qi wireless charging after tha fact somehow, this is going to be my next phone.

who cares...

And here I am, waiting for the M5, heh.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

And here I am, waiting for the M5, heh.

GPU on the M5 sucks tho. I have an M4 and since the M5 has a 1080p screen, they perform the same GPU-wise, which is to say really bad. My M4 lags in games, wheras my old Xperia SP didnt miss a beat 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Looks great though. If you're abled to add Qi wireless charging after tha fact somehow, this is going to be my next phone.

Yes it is, in Japan as the Z4 and internationally as the Z3+

I have the original Z...

GPU on the M5 sucks tho. I have an M4 and since the M5 has a 1080p screen, they perform the same GPU-wise, which is to say really bad. My M4 lags in games, wheras my old Xperia SP didnt miss a beat 

I ain't a heavy phone user so.... But what would be a good gpu? 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

apple release a new phone every year with small changes and everyone bitches sony do the same thing.....every 6 months......nothing

welcome to LTT

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

I ain't a heavy phone user so.... But what would be a good gpu? 

At least Adreno 320 @720p. I would say an Adreno 330 at the same res will get you though the next 2-3 years easy, so the Z5 Compact will be a great choice sicne it is 2X as powerful as the Adreno 330. 

The Z3+ was the Z4 in Japan (I think). I think they were very slightly different, but they were basically the same phone. Don't know what's going off at Sony but I think they've got a stash of something for their staff.

If these are true, these three will be the first (to my knowledge) "variants" of Android phones to feature the same specs (aside from things objectively limited by physical size - battery capacity and screen size). Compare this to the Z3 and the Z3 Compact for example - Z3 has 3 gigs of memory, Z3 Compact only has 2.

Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 5900X | NH-U14S | Asus X Noctua RTX 3070 | MP600 | 850 EVO 250 GB | Caviar Black 5 TB | SS-860 XP2 | Define R5 Black | Thaulab Varna IV -> Objective 2 -> Sennheiser HD-555/AKG K7XX/Audiotechnica ATH-M40x

When we get snapdragon 820 and usb type-c with quick charge I think my Nexus 5 will retire.

If these are true, these three will be the first (to my knowledge) "variants" of Android phones to feature the same specs (aside from things objectively limited by physical size - battery capacity and screen size). Compare this to the Z3 and the Z3 Compact for example - Z3 has 3 gigs of memory, Z3 Compact only has 2.

Not quite, the Xperia Z, ZL and ZR (Z Compact) had the same specs 

SNAPDRAGON 810 NOOOO. 

Let's all light a candle for Sony. I think this will be the final nail in Sony Mobile sales.

Candle.jpg

Z5 Compact should have been 808  :(

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

SNAPDRAGON 810 NOOOO. 

Let's all light a candle for Sony. I think this will be the final nail in Sony Mobile sales.

Candle.jpg

Well the OnePlus two was good, and that had the revised 810 with an extra layer of thermal paste 

Well the OnePlus two was good, and that had the revised 810 with an extra layer of thermal paste 

you are joking right? Have you seen 1+2 reviews? Battery life sucks penis.

It's actually disgusting how bad it is. 

http://www.phonearena.com/news/OnePlus-Two-battery-life-benchmark-score-reveals-worse-performance-than-predecessor-Snapdragon-810-to-blame_id73086

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

apple release a new phone every year with small changes and everyone bitches sony do the same thing.....every 6 months......nothing

welcome to LTT

What bizarre world do you live in? Nobody complains about Apple updating their devices and making them better. People might complain about the kinds of upgrades (like making the thing thinner which makes the camera stick out) but nobody will say "baww Apple upgraded the RAM and made the camera better".

Why do so many Apple fanboys WANT others to hate Apple more than they actually do?

you are joking right? Have you seen 1+2 reviews? Battery life sucks penis.

It's actually disgusting how bad it is. 

http://www.phonearena.com/news/OnePlus-Two-battery-life-benchmark-score-reveals-worse-performance-than-predecessor-Snapdragon-810-to-blame_id73086

Well i was talking in terms of performance and overheating. The 720p scren on the Compact should fix this issue 

What bizarre world do you live in? Nobody complains about Apple updating their devices and making them better. People might complain about the kinds of upgrades (like making the thing thinner which makes the camera stick out) but nobody will say "baww Apple upgraded the RAM and made the camera better".

Why do so many Apple fanboys WANT others to hate Apple more than they actually do?

i live in this world

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439264-iphone-6s-specs/

Note 5 is said to have a ~4000mAh battery. I don't like apple, but c'mon, if you want to be treated seriously, make products that aren't old and overpriced.

iPhone users: 720p is the best!

Android users: 1080p is the minimum!

It's like PC vs. Console all over again :P

That is one unorthodox resolution. At least go with a standard resolution please.

Also that battery is small, even my Moto G 3rd gen has a bigger capacity. In fact, my Moto G 3rd gen puts up a fight against the iPhone 6.

Oh boy, I got to say that the only thing they make decent is their iPhones. But they could at least not be so fucking hipster while making them. In fact the iPhones are starting to become a shit product.

To sum it up:

Years ago: iPhone (4/4S): Great phone, drove the industry forward.

Today: iPhone (6/6s/6+): Overpriced hipster phone, nothing new here. Go spend your pretty penny elsewhere.

Think of it this way. The iPhone needed to be improved in some meaningful way as around the time of the iPhone 5C Apple started running out of ideas on how to make the next phone seem better with only incremental upgrades.

and that was over 2 pages of 1 thread.

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Well i was talking in terms of performance and overheating. The 720p scren on the Compact should fix this issue 

how? small battery with terrible proccessor is THE WORST thing to do. it won't last at all.

Spoiler

how? small battery with terrible proccessor is THE WORST thing to do. it won't last at all.

the 720p screen uses less battery (less pixels to drive) ; thus, resulting in more battery overall when you compare 1080p and 720p.

Not to mention the 810 on newer phones do not overheat (well not any more than any other phone)

Besides, this is all assumption on your part, lets just wait until reviews come out.

Besides, this is all assumption on your part, lets just wait until reviews come out.

No it's not. My opinion is backed up by every single 810 phone that is out right now. The proccessor sucks and you can't make it unsuck. 

Spoiler