How do I go back to Windows 7?!

Stoiseblas

So I was tricked into installing Windows 10 when I went to "reserve a copy" (don't do this unless you want to install it), and after figuring out that a lot of the programs I want to use aren't supported on it I decided on switching back.  So I looked up a tutorial video and tried to switch but it told me that the files I needed to have in order to do that didn't exist anymore.  So I then tried just rebooting my computer using my Windows 7 disc to re-install it using the complex set-up version that would wipe everything off my computer (which I was ok with), but it told me that my SSD had been split into four partitions and none of them could support the operating system.

Please help, I just want my Windows 7 back ;_;

(I'm open to clearing everything off my computer and starting again)

Go to Update and Recovery then recovery, you should see an option to go back to Win7, now if you deleted the WIndows.old folder then you would have to do a clean install of Win7.

Regards Elias N Martinez. | Graphic and motion design are my jobs. 3D modeling is my hobby. I do what I enjoy.  Skype: eliasnmartinez1 (please state that you are coming from LTT)

you're probably going to have to completely format it, and delete the partitions so you have a clean drive.

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Go to Update and Recovery then recovery, you should see an option to go back to Win7, now if you deleted the WIndows.old folder then you would have to do a clean install of Win7.

That's exactly what I tried.  Unless when you say clean install you mean something different?  And the weird thing is that I never purposefully deleted that folder.  

you're probably going to have to completely format it, and delete the partitions so you have a clean drive.

How would I go about doing that?  And is there any risk of messing up my drive even more by attempting this?

By clean install I mean wipe all your drives and have a USB install of Windows and install Win7. Another question I wanted to ask, what programs don't exactly work, if it installs and doesn't run properly sometimes it can be fixed with a change in compatibility mode to Win7 under properties.

Regards Elias N Martinez. | Graphic and motion design are my jobs. 3D modeling is my hobby. I do what I enjoy.  Skype: eliasnmartinez1 (please state that you are coming from LTT)

How would I go about doing that?  And is there any risk of messing up my drive even more by attempting this?

probably not. When you boot up the Windows 7 install thingo, delete all of the partitions and format the remaining one, I think that should work.

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

By clean install I mean wipe all your drives and have a USB install of Windows and install Win7. Another question I wanted to ask, what programs don't exactly work, if it installs and doesn't run properly sometimes it can be fixed with a change in compatibility mode to Win7 under properties.

A lot of little things that are kinda adding up.  But a big one that bothers me more than it should is the little driver I use for connecting my Xbox 360 controller to my computer that doesnt have a windows 10 version.  But I like that idea, I'll research how to wipe my drive, do you have any tips for that?

A lot of little things that are kinda adding up.  But a big one that bothers me more than it should is the little driver I use for connecting my Xbox 360 controller to my computer that doesnt have a windows 10 version.  But I like that idea, I'll research how to wipe my drive, do you have any tips for that?

Wipe a hard drive is done best when installing, after you are in the installation process you are given the option to upgrade or do a custom install, you select custom install and delete all partions, normally you will see just two, a System Reserved and a much larger one just delete both and you are set, just select the new volume and proceed Windows installation takes care of the rest.

Wipe a hard drive is done best when installing, after you are in the installation process you are given the option to upgrade or do a custom install, you select custom install and delete all partions, normally you will see just two, a System Reserved and a much larger one just delete both and you are set, just select the new volume and proceed Windows installation takes care of the rest.

When I tried that before it showed me four partitions for disc 0 (my ssd) and only one for disc 1 (my mechanical drive that i'll be using for data storage later).  Should I delete all of them? (nothing is on my mechanical drive yet)

When I tried that before it showed me four partitions for disc 0 (my ssd) and only one for disc 1 (my mechanical drive that i'll be using for data storage later).  Should I delete all of them? (nothing is on my mechanical drive yet)

Unplug the HDD, just install on the SSD, there are normally two partitions, on one drive. After that just follow the previous post I made.

Programms not working?

Try re installing them or runing them in windows 7 mode

Unplug the HDD, just install on the SSD, there are normally two partitions, on one drive. After that just follow the previous post I made.

Sweet!  It worked!  Thanks for all the help guys!