The r9 295X2 is the best card on the market?

Marcelo Delicia

I think that if the price is comparable then the card setup (1gpu or 2) is irrelevant. 

Cheapest 295X2: € 913,55: http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/zoeken/?keyword=295X2

Cheapest 980Ti: € 677,50: http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/449113/inno3d-geforce-gtx-980-ti-6gb-oc.html

Also not comparing the money you spent on extra electricity and maybe extra AC to keep your room cool is unfair.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

It's dual GPU you can't really compare, cross fire isn't great, frame times are still an issue AFAIK, the power consumption is ridiculous too. 

Do you own a dual GPU card?

have you owned one?

if not, shut up.

I own one, ad ive been using CF for years... all this frame sync bullshit is seriously annoying. Fun fact though, guess where i see the most microstutters??

In Unigine Valley, Unigine Heaven and Firestrike.... Which are not games... shocking isnt it?

Some games do stutter due to my OC... yeah, that is what happens when you OC a R9 295x2... Things get a bit unstable (mostly cuz i am hitting the TJmax limiter of 75c.... wish i could set it to 80 or 85c...)

Cheapest 295X2: € 913,55: http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/zoeken/?keyword=295X2

Cheapest 980Ti: € 677,50: http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/449113/inno3d-geforce-gtx-980-ti-6gb-oc.html

Also not comparing the money you spent on extra electricity and maybe extra AC to keep your room cool is unfair.

Hey mate. my R9 295x2 cost me the equivalent of 575 USD brand new....

Can you find me a 980Ti, new, for that low?

Do you own a dual GPU card?

have you owned one?

if not, shut up.

I own one, ad ive been using CF for years... all this frame sync bullshit is seriously annoying. Fun fact though, guess where i see the most microstutters??

In Unigine Valley, Unigine Heaven and Firestrike.... Which are not games... shocking isnt it?

Some games do stutter due to my OC... yeah, that is what happens when you OC a R9 295x2... Things get a bit unstable (mostly cuz i am hitting the TJmax limiter of 75c.... wish i could set it to 80 or 85c...)

Well I've SLI'd 660ti's didn't really see a great performance increase, most the games that I play have either terrible scaling or didn't support it. I just like having a single card because it has less issues. Also regarding the frame timings I just assumed it hadn't been fixed haven't really looked into it at all as it doesn't really affect me in anyway whatsoever... 

I'm not an nvidia fan boy, just don't like dual GPU card solutions, for me they don't make sense, sure others will see the use case but I don't. I guess the advantage of a 295x2 is the price and the tier 3 compatibility with dx12 so bigger performance gains due to the async shaders. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Hey mate. my R9 295x2 cost me the equivalent of 575 USD brand new....

Can you find me a 980Ti, new, for that low?

I dont' fucking care about the shitty country that US is. Now show me a place in E.U. where I can buy the 295X2 for less the 900 euro.

Also I just simply don't care about the price, I just want the world best graphics card, which is the 980Ti, beating the Titan X with ease. 

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

just watercool it

Is it not already watercooled?

Also, watercooling doesn't make something less of a spaceheater. If anything, it makes it more of a spaceheater , as heat is more effectively transferred to the air. heat output stays the same, no matter how expensive your cooling solution is.

I dont' fucking care about the shitty country that US is. Now show me a place in E.U. where I can buy the 295X2 for less the 900 euro.

http://www.amazon.fr/Sapphire-295X2-QuadMini-graphique-Radeon/dp/B00JMI5HPO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1441046005&sr=8-1&keywords=295x2

Only 800. Such a steal. That's $900-ish, for those to lazy to do the conversion.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

I'm not sure why this is so much of an argument. The 295x2 is the fastest single card available right now. It takes up 1 PCI-E slot, therefore it is one card and the combined processing power of those 2 290x chips is greater than anything else out there.

Speaking from experience, I've had very little problems with Crossfire over the last 8 years I've run it (I ran SLI 970's for 5 months and had more problems there than with AMD). The only exception being that there were pretty much no quad-crossfire profiles when I had my 2 4870x2's. Also, at this point everyone should know that Crossfire scales MUCH better than SLI is most games. It is the superior technology, they just take slightly longer to release profiles for new games.

LTT Unigine SUPERPOSITION scoreboardhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvq_--P35FbqY8Iv_jn3YZ_7iP1I_hR0_vk7DjKsZgI/edit#gid=0

Intel i7 8700k || ASUS Z370-I ITX || AMD Radeon VII || 16GB 4266mhz DDR4 || Silverstone 800W SFX-L || 512GB 950 PRO M.2 + 3.5TB of storage SSD's

SCHIIT Lyr 3 Multibit || HiFiMAN HE-1000 V2 || MrSpeakers Ether C

Can I buy from UK without VAT and import taxes?

I have no idea, you didn't ask that. lol

I have no idea, you didn't ask that. lol

Also, If i would have to RMA it or something like that I would be fucked.

And I just don't want to mess up risking 200€ or more on import taxes and VAT.

AMD doesn't make or sell the 295X2 anymore, what you just see are leftover cards from last year.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I'm not sure why this is so much of an argument. The 295x2 is the fastest single card available right now. It takes up 1 PCI-E slot, therefore it is one card and the combined processing power of those 2 290x chips is greater than anything else out there.

Speaking from experience, I've had very little problems with Crossfire over the last 8 years I've run it (I ran SLI 970's for 5 months and had more problems there than with AMD). The only exception being that there were pretty much no quad-crossfire profiles when I had my 2 4870x2's. Also, at this point everyone should know that Crossfire scales MUCH better than SLI is most games. It is the superior technology, they just take slightly longer to release profiles for new games.

Looking at your past cards and the two Fury X that you have now, aren't you just biased towards AMD?

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Also, If i would have to RMA it or something like that I would be fucked.

And I just don't want to mess up risking 200€ or more on import taxes and VAT.

AMD doesn't make or sell the 295X2 anymore, what you just see are leftover cards from last year.

The card is still the card no matter when it was made. I only got mine a few months ago when Scan had them for £500. It still came in a brand new sealed box. It's your choice at the end of the day. Do you want this card or something that will always make you think "Maybe I should have got the other one" :)

The card is still the card no matter when it was made. I only got mine a few months ago when Scan had them for £500. It still came in a brand new sealed box. It's your choice at the end of the day. Do you want this card or something that will always make you think "Maybe I should have got the other one" :)

Hahaha lmao. Please don't make laugh. If I had the 295X2 not only would I have to deal with much more trouble like a 200 euro new PSU , I would also be limited to 120hz without G-SYNC or ULMB on my screen.

Also.. 4GB of vram?? When I cap my 6GB very easily by playing in 5K and 8K on my 980Ti. Oh yeah forgot that AMD drivers suck and you are limited to 3200x1800 VSR

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Hahaha lmao. Please don't make laugh. If I had the 295X2 not only would I have to deal with much more trouble like a 200 euro new PSU , I would also be limited to 120hz without G-SYNC or ULMB on my screen.

Also.. 4GB of vram?? When I cap my 6GB very easily by playing in 5K and 8K on my 980Ti. Oh yeah forgot that AMD drivers suck and you are limited to 3200x1800 VSR

then why were you asking where to buy one?

yippie yet another flame war about amd vs nvidia

Yup. Just like Fury X vs 980Ti the AMD fanboys just won't accept obvious benchmarks by big tech guys like JayzTwoCentz. And that while Jay has always been a AMD guy.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

then why were you asking where to buy one?

Because that's the problem of this topic. We are talking about a card that is DEATH. It's not made or sold anymore.

If you look at the icons, you see question marks or red icons everywhere which means not in stock:

http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/386694/xfx-r9-295x2-hydra-edition.html

http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/383636/asus-r9295x2-8gd5.html

http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/401057/gigabyte-gv-r9295x2-8gd-b.html

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Yup. Just like Fury X vs 980Ti the AMD fanboys just won't accept obvious benchmarks by big tech guys like JayzTwoCentz. And that while Jay is kinda of AMD fanboy.

I disagree, I think Jay is definately Team Green.

yippie yet another flame war about amd vs nvidia

You're telling me, this guy just doesn't know when to stop. He's so backwards and wrong in every aspect its freaking hilarious.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Because that's the problem of this topic. We are talking about a card that is DEATH. It's not made or sold anymore.

It is not made but it is definately still sold. What is DEATH about it?

You're telling me, this guy just doesn't know when to stop. He's so backwards and wrong in every aspect its freaking hilarious.

Says the one who claims 60hz is "enthousiast"

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

personally I have no problem with AMD drivers, I thought that Nvidia wetre having driver problems currently?