Do you have fibre optic?

Overkilled

i have fibre but my speeds are ok, my plan says 50 mega bits down and 30 up but from ookla im getting 50 down and 15 up, so steam i get a 5 mega byte per second download which is pretty bad

5 MB/s is 40 Mbps, don't forget them speeds Could be "up to" also if you're wireless than that's the reason, I'm on 80 down and only get 72 on speedtest, you will never get the full 50 even if you're connected at 50.

My download speed should be 9.5 MB/s but it usually sits at 8.8 MB/s.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

5 MB/s is 40 Mbps, don't forget them speeds Could be "up to" also if you're wireless than that's the reason, I'm on 80 down and only get 72 on speedtest, you will never get the full 50 even if you're connected at 50.

My download speed should be 9.5 MB/s but it usually sits at 8.8 MB/s.

I'm wired, so what is the conversion from bits to bytes ? Cause it says 50 down and I get usually 6 mega bytes download but it fluctuates from 5-6, and like I said on speed test I get 15 up which is half
Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

And then you look at jayz two cents who gets a massive 35 mb/s download speed on steam :(

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

I'm wired, so what is the conversion from bits to bytes ? Cause it says 50 down and I get usually 6 mega bytes download but it fluctuates from 5-6, and like I said on speed test I get 15 up which is half

there are 8 bits in one byte. 6 MB/s is 48 Mbps so its not far off on the download, the upload speed however is half so contact your isp and tell them youre not paying for 30 when you only get half, they will either make sure you get the 30 or they will have to put your bill down.

im on 20 up and get 17.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

I love fiber

980/980

BECAUSE WE WANNA GO FAST!

You know that guy that games on a MacBook? I'm that guy.

330/110 for 50 bucks a month in ny

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

Currently on 100/6 but ordered 200/12 yesterday, and its only 10 eur more (11.60$)

Let's agree to disagree

VDSL Vectoring 100/40 in good ol' Germany [emoji38].

Yeah so?

Germany sucks when it comes to internet. We have such a high density population that it wouldn't be a problem to have an avarage of 50Mbits down for everyone...

Ohh, look who's jelly... Nope, it wouldn't be possible since it requires fibre and there are loads of old and way too long copper cables lying around to make that happen which would consume loads of money and time to upgrade everything to fibre.

Of course I'm jealous. Since when is beeing jealous a bad thing? *facepalm*

It would be possible. Otherwise the CDU wouldn't want to upgrade to fibre until 2018 in the whole country.

My town has already layed the tubing for fibre in 2012, but they cannot upgrade because of that stupid T-Com that doesn't care.

Fibre is already available for around 50 years now. It's not exactly new and it was even invented in Germany. Still Germany is one of the worst countries for fast internet, especially compared to it's population density.

I dont have it in my area I'm stuck on a measly 17mbps I think. Am I missing out?

Yes.

I don't have fibre, but I do have 120/12. :) It actually got upgraded for free from 60 down to 90 down, and then again for free from 90 mbits to 120/12 :D

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

Have had fiber for about 10 years now, started at 10 Mbps, then 20, then 100 and now 1000

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W