Planning on puirchasing the Archer C7. Is there another option you would recommend?

I am planning on buying: http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-Archer-C7-Wireless-1300Mbps/dp/B00BUSDVBQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1440822705&sr=1-1&keywords=archer+c7

I have two desktops through ethernet, two desktops wirelessly connected, two laptops connected, One smart tv wirelessly connected, three smart phones and two tablets.

I have a very basic asus router I purchased for 15 dollars a few years ago. I want to make a leap to a decent router. The c7 seems to be highly reviewed and recommended. Are there any others I should consider instead? I apprecaite all input. Thank you.

I am planning on buying: http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-Archer-C7-Wireless-1300Mbps/dp/B00BUSDVBQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1440822705&sr=1-1&keywords=archer+c7

I have two desktops through ethernet, two desktops wirelessly connected, two laptops connected, One smart tv wirelessly connected, three smart phones and two tablets.

I have a very basic asus router I purchased for 15 dollars a few years ago. I want to make a leap to a decent router. The c7 seems to be highly reviewed and recommended. Are there any others I should consider instead? I apprecaite all input. Thank you.

asus ac66u or better

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=sr_nr_p_36_3?rnid=386442011&rh=n%3A172282%2Cn%3A%21493964%2Cn%3A541966%2Cn%3A300189%2Cp_n_feature_keywords_three_browse-bin%3A8514071011%2Cp_89%3AAsus%2Cp_72%3A1248879011&qid=1440823096&bbn=300189&low-price=80&high-price=150&x=10&y=13

compatible with the asus merlin firmware

Follow Your posts

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

I have the Archer C7 and love it. It's an epic router.

Asus Nighthawk, nice.

It is netgear.

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

What about it makes it a better router? I am unfamiliar with what the "merlin firmware" is. Forgive my ignorance.

What about it makes it a better router? I am unfamiliar with what the "merlin firmware" is. Forgive my ignorance.

the interface is really nice

very good range

stable (with the merlin firmware)

the merlin firmware is a 3rd party firmware..since the retail firmware is buggy and not as feature rich as it could be...updated more often to

its the one Im running right now

the interface is really nice

very good range

stable (with the merlin firmware)

the merlin firmware is a 3rd party firmware..since the retail firmware is buggy and not as feature rich as it could be...updated more often to

its the one Im running right now

Do you have any experience with the c7? I appreciate the response.

Do you have any experience with the c7? I appreciate the response.

yes

its got a few versions tho...id want a certain version or versions of it

since some of the versions don't work very well with 3rd party firmwares

and personally I wouldn't use a router if it didn't support 3rd party firmwares

since retail firmwares are usually crap