Hey guys,

recently, I've been looking into smartwatches casually, but I can't seem to settle. I've basically narrowed it down to four, each with pros and cons, and my very hypothetical use case scenario - can anyone give advice on it?

1. Pebble

Cheap. Not just the price.

2. Pebble Steel

IMO the best looking smartwatch apart from maybe the Urbane. 

3. Pebble Time

Colour, that's really the thing that it has going for it

4. Moto 360

Android wear, thus more functionality.

I didn't go for all those pebbles for no reason: I really would like the high battery life. I don't want to have to charge a *watch* every day or night, and then not even have the display on at all times. Because if I want to use something to check the time or notifications, I'll pull my phone out of my pocket.

I mostly want to be able to see notifications when they come in and decide whether it's worth getting my phone out; I want to keep my phone in another room (quite bulky in the pocket) and still see messages from Whatsapp, Telegram (very important) and possibly Facebook, and I want to control music. Other things I'll probably discover once I get into the smartwatch game. 

Contrary to popular opinion, I prefer the more classic look of the steel over the modern 360 (also that chinbar, nope), and I don't like the look of the Time at all.

The 360 and steel are about the same price, with the regular Pebble maybe being more suited for entry level, being very, very cheap.

So basically, if I didn't overlook a crucial feature about the Time it's out, and if Android Wear isn't infinitely superior for my light use the better looks and battery life of the Steel will kill everything else.

Thanks!

moto 360 i have one and the latest update made the battery life excellent !

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

After a year with my Pebble Steel, I'd be hesitant to recommend it in 2015, especially with so many colour display equipped smartwatches available. While the battery life and tactile buttons are a plus, mine started to develop ram issues and one of the buttons started to wear out. The most limiting factor is without a doubt the storage capacity, limiting you to just 8 apps. Aside from that, if you only need it for basic functionality like I did, then these minor issues shouldn't bother you that much. My Time Steel is currently in transit; the increase in onboard ram should improve the experience significantly, along with the screen, so if you're dead-set on Pebble I'd suggest picking up a Time. and a DBrand skin because the bodies aren't nearly as strong as the gorilla glass.

Alternatives would be the 360 or G Watch R, but look out for price drops and sales as the next versions of these watches are on the horizon.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

moto 360 i have one and the latest update made the battery life excellent !

Can you elaborate? Excellent as in 'it lasts for a day without any worries', 'I can make it two days if I turn down usage completely' or something else?

Isn't the G watch R the best smartwatch still?

Yes, probably, but it also costs just about twice as much as the 360 and Pebble Steel, and I'm not spending what I spent on my phone on a watch.

if you only need it for basic functionality like I did, then these minor issues shouldn't bother you that much. 

Basic functionality being music, message notifications and weather, then the answer is yes. I'm not sure how much colour would bother me, seeing how the displays are nowhere near a smartphone anyway, so I really don't see myself using the watch as anything apart from quick and dirty checks

if you're dead-set on Pebble I'd suggest picking up a Time. and a DBrand skin because the bodies aren't nearly as strong as the gorilla glass.

Actually, I forgot about that. Linus' Time looked horrible, and I don't just mean the design. They seem to be very scratchy...

Alternatives would be the 360 or G Watch R, but look out for price drops and sales as the next versions of these watches are on the horizon.

That's actually a good idea. Especially if the G Watch R dropped to around 200, I would consider it, seeing the solid battery life and superior OS

Can you elaborate? Excellent as in 'it lasts for a day without any worries', 'I can make it two days if I turn down usage completely' or something else?

Yes, probably, but it also costs just about twice as much as the 360 and Pebble Steel, and I'm not spending what I spent on my phone on a watch.

Basic functionality being music, message notifications and weather, then the answer is yes. I'm not sure how much colour would bother me, seeing how the displays are nowhere near a smartphone anyway, so I really don't see myself using the watch as anything apart from quick and dirty checks

Actually, I forgot about that. Linus' Time looked horrible, and I don't just mean the design. They seem to be very scratchy...

That's actually a good idea. Especially if the G Watch R dropped to around 200, I would consider it, seeing the solid battery life and superior OS

Linus' Time had the full 3-piece D Brand skin on it (~$10 CAD), hence the black-orange-white scheme. Like any stainless steel watch, the body will still scratch if you're not careful with it though the gorilla glass displays seem to be pretty durable. If you're getting the plastic versions well... it's guaranteed youll scratch it somehow so watch out for that,

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Linus' Time had the full 3-piece D Brand skin on it (~$10 CAD), hence the black-orange-white scheme. Like any stainless steel watch, the body will still scratch if you're not careful with it though the gorilla glass displays seem to be pretty durable. If you're getting the plastic versions well... it's guaranteed youll scratch it somehow so watch out for that,

It's not just the skin. I feel the Time looks more like a tech toy, but I'd prefer something that I could also wear with a suit. I wish the Time Steel was out (and cheaper)

Does anyone know about Telegram integration on Pebble? Because if it doesn't integrate, or doesn't integrate well, it's out.

well i took it off charge at 6 o clock this morning and its currently at 5:10 pm on 61 percent with average usage yes it will get you through a day will take a few days to calibrate tho

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas