Hi all, 

So I bought my first gaming PC back in about February and I got the Coolermaster Devastator Bundle with it. I do enjoy the mouse but it isn't the most comfortable nor the most accurate mouse. I play a bit, not heaps, but a bit of cs:go and I want a great experience for it. I've been looking at multiple different mice, and I've narrowed it down to my favorites which are:

Coolermaster Mizer

Razer Deathadder Chroma

Asus ROG Gladius

Cougar 700m

Zowie EC2 Evo

Steelseries Rival

Steelseries Sensei RAW (rubber) 

Steelseries Sensei Pro

Steelseries Kana V2

Logitech G502 Proteus Core

So I like all of these, I've tried the cougar before and love it, but the other mice have either great reviews or just catch my eye and interest. When I look everywhere it's constantly, "go with a steelseries rival or a deathadder" but of course there is just so many other options. I'm not picky on colours and high DPI, but I like an ergonomic style, even though the Cougar is a lot different, it's easily customized to my needs. So what should I definitely NOT get from these, and any suggestions from experiences on which are great? Thanks heaps :)

Don't get Razer, build quality is meh. Have you considered the Corsair Sabre RGB? I have one, and have done some tests; 0 acceleration, and plenty DPI.

Razer, all steelseries mice and logitech in your list are very often used by cs go pros. I think JW and fnatic like to use steelseries, scream uses deathadder iirc. Steel uses zowie, m0e uses logitech g502. Always these few mouses. It depends on the size of your hand.

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

Don't get Razer, build quality is meh. Have you considered the Corsair Sabre RGB? I have one, and have done some tests; 0 acceleration, and plenty DPI.

Well thats horrible advice, the deathadder is one of the most used mouse and alot of people like it. Although razer has shit quality, the deathadder tends to work well for a long time if you get past the 1 year warranty. Most deathadders are DOA. Corsair on the other hand, has 0% usage in the pro scene because its tacky and the other mice he listed are just so much better.

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

Final Mouse 2015 Summer Edition

Edzel reccomends

MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 w/Core i5 3210M and glorious HD 4000 Graphics

Well thats horrible advice, the deathadder is one of the most used mouse and alot of people like it. Although razer has shit quality, the deathadder tends to work well for a long time if you get past the 1 year warranty. Most deathadders are DOA. Corsair on the other hand, has 0% usage in the pro scene because its tacky and the other mice he listed are just so much better.

Did I say anything about the death adder other than the build quality? No. And if most are DOA, the build quality is shit. What do you mean by tacky? Lol. Personal experience, it is an amazing mouse.

I didn't consider a Sabre, but for a while I was fixed on the M65, but I just feel it's not right for me, but thanks for the suggestion

Ah, mice... one of the most controversial discussions in the PC tech industry.

I will voice my once to be had Razer dedication, and how Razer lost mine.

First off- I own, and still use an original release Razer Naga 2009 (I got the first batch- first day of release). Naga 2012 was excellent too. The build quality on this thing is AMAZING. What turned me away from Razer happened in 2014. 2014 was a year for Razer that forever killed the brand in the eyes of the hardcore gamer. Their quality on EVERYTHING went to complete garbage, literally. Plastics are flimsy, nothing lines up right, downright crap. Aside from receiving professional sponsorship, people use them because the company comes forward and does A LOT for pro e-sports players. Without that incentive I GUARANTEE no pro would use them, and if people do (which a lot do).. they are not pro's, they are amateurs and do not focus on hardcore gaming. Steelseries, Corsair, Logitech, Zowei and Asus make awesome mice. Look there. But for the love of god, stay away from Razer, unless your mouse purchase is pre-2014.

ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ PROJECT: GreenLANTERN (click to view)

Final Mouse 2015 Summer Edition

Edzel reccomends

I have looked at it, but I can't find anywhere in Australia that sells it, so it's heaps expensive, and just too far out of my range :(

there is no perfect mouse. ive use mainly the deathadder 2013 for about 1.5 years before breaking it (i broke it by slaming it when raging in csgo) and the g402 and each has its own pros and cons

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

Ah, mice... one of the most controversial discussions in the PC tech industry.

I will voice my once to be had Razer dedication, and how Razer lost mine.

First off- I own, and still use an original release Razer Naga 2009 (I got the first batch- first day of release). Naga 2012 was excellent too. The build quality on this thing is AMAZING. What turned me away from Razer happened in 2014. 2014 was a year for Razer that forever killed the brand in the eyes of the hardcore gamer. Their quality on EVERYTHING went to complete garbage, literally. Plastics are flimsy, nothing lines up right, downright crap. Aside from receiving professional sponsorship, people use them because the company comes forward and does A LOT for pro e-sports players. Without that incentive I GUARANTEE no pro would use them, and if people do (which a lot do).. they are not pro's, they are amateurs and do not focus on hardcore gaming. Steelseries, Corsair, Logitech, Zowei and Asus make awesome mice. Look there. But for the love of god, stay away from Razer, unless your mouse purchase is pre-2014.

Thank you very much, that crosses razer off the list, too much poor build quality mentions

Thank you very much, that crosses razer off the list, too much poor build quality mentions

No problem, mate. Don't want to see anyone end up digging them a hole they don't need to dig. I am hardly a brand-bash guy, but when it comes to mice, headsets, keyboards, etc. Razer can't control the ball.

G502 - I own two and most of my colleagues own atleast one. Fits really well to the hand.

G502 - I own two and most of my colleagues own atleast one. Fits really well to the hand.

One of the, if not the best mouse on the market. G502 is solid.. good recommendation! A purchase that will pay for itself for the duration of ownership. I have friends and colleagues at my work that swear by them and tell everyone in the office or outside of work to get one.

This is off topic, but the network engineer I am currently working with brings a G502 in his field pack and will use that mouse only for IT, hah. Awesome. He says he has one at his office at home, one for his laptop and one for his IT job. Smart man.

G502. I and 2 friends all use them and absolutely love them.

https://www.reddit.com/r/g502masterrace

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Warning: this is little anti-recommendation.

SteelSeries Rival is great mouse. Best sensor on the market, very good grip, great buttons (omron switches). But. The side rubber wears very quickly. And (this is rare) middle mouse button have some issue. After certain ammount of time it starts to register more than one click at a time.

I used it and still think it's best mouse i've ever had. But it lasted only 6 months in my case so i'm not going to reccomend it :)

But many of my friends use Zowie and are very happy with them. I'm also going to replace Rival with Zowie EC1-A (almost identical to EC2-A http://www.zowiegear.com/pr_image/ECAcom_002.jpg) .

I use a Razer Naga Hex and a Logitech 602, the Naga Hex is more comfortable but the 602 is a much better mouse.

I have the Zowie FK2, great mouse for CS but the only issue I have with it is the scroll wheel does a second 'scroll' after so many rotations which is very annoying. That and a braided cable wouldn't have gone a miss.

Look if you're wanting something that is for some serious CS:GO gaming, pick yourself up an optical mouse. Laser still does have built in acceleration. 

My recommendations are: 

Steelseires Rival. 

Zowie EC1-A eVo for a palm grip orientated player. (EC2-A if you have smaller hands). 

Zowie FK1 for a claw grip orientated player. (FK2 for smaller hands).

Zowie ZA11 for a claw/palm hybrid grip player. (ZA 12/13 for smaller hands). 

Logitech G402. 

For CS I cant really recommend anything more than those five mice. They're all fantastic and all used by the top players, not that it will make you better, but I think that gives those recommendations some credibility for picking up a mouse. Currently, the Zowie mice are the most used in the pro scene, mainly because they require no drivers to run, so completely plug and play and are some of the most simple gaming mice on the market. 

EDIT: I wont put down the Razer Deathadder as an option, but after the terrible experience I have had with the mice from Razer, I cant recommend it myself from personal experience. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I'm just going to edit your list a bit, it's not in any particular order though:

Logitech G502 Proteus Core (if you are looking for an all-rounder)
Razer Deathadder Chroma (great for palm gripping, has some unneeded features though)
Steelseries Rival (more simple, but customizable, palm grip)
Zowie FK1/FK2 (no frills, designed by Zowie with help from Virtus.pro player NEO for Counter-Strike)
Razer Deathadder 2013 (if you can still find this one)
Corsair Gaming Sabre RGB Optical (great clawgripper, really good sensor and pretty cheap for it's features)
CM Storm Alcor (absolute best in it's price range. no luxury features, but it is a great contender, works well for palm gripping)
Logitech G100s (cheap mouse if you are used to the M100/B100 you will get used to this in no time)
Zowie EC1-A/EC2-A (another great no-gimmicks mouse, designed by Zowie with help from HeatoN, retired CS pro)
Razer Abyssus 2014 (Decent finger tip gripper, improved version of the old Abyssus)

I cannot recommend the Logitech G402, even though I own it. It's pretty gimmicky and you can feel that it is built with cheap materials. I do however continue using it, as I don't really have money for a replacement for my daily driver. Personally I would choose the Zowie though, as it removes features I don't need anyway.

Laptop: Intel Core i5-4200H, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce 840M

Desktop: Intel Core i3-6100, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce GTX 750 Ti

-snip-

Mind if you re-paste that as plain text? I cant see it on the night theme?  :lol:

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Mind if you re-paste that as plain text? I cant see it on the night theme?  :lol:

What do you mean, I edited to make sure I used color automatic though.

EDIT: I see, it's kind of broken, I'll try to really fix it now.

EDIT2: Should work now.

Laptop: Intel Core i5-4200H, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce 840M

Desktop: Intel Core i3-6100, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce GTX 750 Ti

What do you mean, I edited to make sure I used color automatic though.

EDIT: I see, it's kind of broken, I'll try to really fix it now.

http://puu.sh/jQjkj/b7a04b4152.png