could i get into MIT if i am homeschooled?

Guest Johnny5g
Go to solution Solved by carguy86,

don't feel bad, it has taken us over 2000 years to learn what you are learning in a few days, its super hard work. most of the things you are unsure about someone else was along time ago and spent their life trying to figure it out and if they did, they ended up in the history books. just keep swimming. :)

im in special maths class. (its for those who struggle with math) and i have been warned that i migth fail the class.

hello! i am being bullied on a daily basis and i want to get homeschooled. but my parents are worried i can get into MIT (that is the collage i want to go to) if i am homeschooled. is this true? thanks!

Have you tried like bringing up the bullying to a superior?  I'm sure they would help you.

"You should look up common sense and add it to your vocabulary." - dougdangger 2015

Have you tried like bringing up the bullying to a superior?  I'm sure they would help you.

no not yet but i want to get my mom to.

I don't really see why you couldn't. Homeschooled kids can take the same standardized tests as the rest of us. You could try to contact an admissions counselor and ask, that would be a pretty straight-forward question I think. 

hello! i am being bullied on a daily basis and i want to get homeschooled. but my parents are worried i can get into MIT (that is the collage i want to go to) if i am homeschooled. is this true? thanks!

Your not even in HS yet, dont think about university. 

And if ur parents r telling u to run from school they are quite stupid. Do not run from your problems or else later in life you will be fucked.

Switch schools to a tech school or something if thats why the kids treat u like that. Dont get home schooled.

I was bullied at your age and switched to a school with robotics program (FRC) and i am one of 2 team members on the team. Just find the right school and u will fit in just fine.

Homeschooling will make sure u have no friends, and no social skills.

EDITTTT: Talk to the principal if u cant switch schools. Heck talk to him/her anyway.

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

no not yet but i want to get my mom to.

Like @typographie said talk to a counselor about if your opportunities if you got homeschooled.  However talking to a superior may sort it all out.  Best of luck!

"You should look up common sense and add it to your vocabulary." - dougdangger 2015

I don't really see why you couldn't. Homeschooled kids can take the same standardized tests as the rest of us. You could try to contact an admissions counselor and ask, that would be a pretty straight-forward question I think. 

ok thanks! i am in 6th grade and over the summer i did 8th grade math.

Like @typographie said talk to a counselor about if your opportunities if you got homeschooled.  However talking to a superior may sort it all out.  Best of luck!

ok thanks!

With spelling College like that, Probably not...  Transfer schools if you have to. Home school as a last resort, you have a significantly less chance to get accepted into a college like that if your home schooled, Just bring it up with a principal, 

I'm not gonna shut you down or anything but your career plans may be vastly different later on.  I used to want to be a programmer and now I'm about to go into mechanical engineering..

Your not even in HS yet, dont think about university. 

And if ur parents r telling u to run from school they are quite stupid. Do not run from your problems or else later in life you will be fucked.

Switch schools to a tech school or something if thats why the kids treat u like that. Dont get home schooled.

I was bullied at your age and switched to a school with robotics program (FRC) and i am one of 2 team members on the team. Just find the right school and u will fit in just fine.

EDITTTT: Talk to the principal if u cant switch schools. Heck talk to him/her anyway.

ok thanks!

Being homeschooled you have to do pretty much the same thing. Turning someone down just for being home schooled would be unfair.

I'm not gonna shut you down or anything but your career plans may be vastly different later on.  I used to want to be a programmer and now I'm about to go into mechanical engineering..

ok thanks!

Do online school, I went to online school for gifted students. Most students from my HS get into a prestigious school. 

Being homeschooled you have to do pretty much the same thing. Turning someone down just for being home schooled would be unfair.

ok thanks!

Do online school, I went to online school for gifted students. Most students from my HS get into a prestigious school. 

hum. thanks!

hum. thanks!

Honestly it is great, you get a standard HS Diploma. You can do your classes when you feel like it (as long as you get it done in the time allotted, typically a week). and no bullies or otherwise. They have programs for Gifted, Standard and Special needs students. If you'd like more information feel free to PM me. 

Ok thanks!

Honestly it is great, you get a standard HS Diploma. You can do your classes when you feel like it (as long as you get it done in the time allotted, typically a week). and no bullies or otherwise. They have programs for Gifted, Standard and Special needs students. If you'd like more information feel free to PM me.

Haha we're all nerds here at LTT forums.

I've done algebra since 2nd grade lmao.

I also remember I was in this 3rd grade like special math group where we did 7th and 8th grade math. And when I went through 7th and 8th grade math I learned absolutely nothing because I learned all of it in 3rd grade xD

But as of the bullying thing, talk to a counselor, I know it might be awkward to, but seriously just go up to a counselor or adult and tell them everything. It will be fixed that way.

Haha we're all nerds here at LTT forums.

I've done algebra since 2nd grade lmao.

I also remember I was in this 3rd grade like special math group where we did 7th and 8th grade math. And when I went through 7th and 8th grade math I learned absolutely nothing because I learned all of it in 3rd grade xD

But as of the bullying thing, talk to a counselor, I know it might be awkward to, but seriously just go up to a counselor or adult and tell them everything. It will be fixed that way.

ok thanks!

I remember once taking a summer law clerk out to lunch with a group of lawyers and, during the conversation, she began to bash homeschoolers. I advised her that not only was my wife homeschooled K-12 (and graduated magma cum laude from her university), but my kids are homeschooled. As it turned out, three of the attorneys at the lunch were also homeschooled and two of them were homeschooling their kids.

There is a gross misperception about how homeschooling works. We are members of a co-op, our children are involved in theater, dance, art, athletics, and other extracurricular activities with other homeschooled kids and non-homeschooled kids. They do work on computers, go to the zoo and museum regularly, and we can raise them according to our values. Of course, homeschooling is not for everybody and wanting to be homeschooled to avoid a problem with one person at school seems somewhat extreme.

That being said, I also don't believe in the "don't run from your problems, face them!" cliche. You must do what is in your own best interest, and avoiding problems rather than "facing them" is often time the better part of valor. Ultimately, you and your family need to make a decision concerning your schooling (homeschooling, private tutoring, private schooling, or otherwise) based on numerous factors, including your current circumstances and your future.

That's not true. It's homeschool, not solitary confinement. Home-schooled kids can still go out and make friends. I know a few home-schooled people and they are very normal, socially speaking.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

don't be a wussy

just fight back against the bullies.....and they won't wanna bother bulling you

kids are getting to wussy these days

That's not true. It's homeschool, not solitary confinement. Home-schooled kids can still go out and make friends. I know a few home-schooled people and they are very normal, socially speaking.

Generally one does not meet people when they are home schooled. Either way social skills will not be good by the end of it. Ive seen kids go from home school to public school and they just dont fit in.

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.