What Graphic Card Should I Buy

AwesomeBlackson

Hello World,

I'm thinking of building a new system and I always get stuck on my grahic card to get, I currently have GTX 780 Superclocked and so far its a great card. I need a graphic card for building games (I'm currently doing a course on game programming and game art and I play alot of games, like Assassin's Creed, (Waiting for ) The Divison, Rainbow Six Seige, Battlefield, Metal Gear Solid V (When it releases) and many more and I would like to run them at highest possible setting, without delay, lag and etc.. (I'm proably a tyrical gamer  :lol:)

I'm a big fan of Linus and his team :)

I he speaks highly of his community :)

Thank You :)

980 ti or the fury x or the fury strix

MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 w/Core i5 3210M and glorious HD 4000 Graphics

What's wrong with your current 780?

If you need something better, get a 980ti.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Hello World,

I'm thinking of building a new system and I always get stuck on my grahic card to get, I currently have GTX 780 Superclocked and so far its a great card. I need a graphic card for building games (I'm currently doing a course on game programming and game art and I play alot of games, like Assassin's Creed, (Waiting for ) The Divison, Rainbow Six Seige, Battlefield, Metal Gear Solid V (When it releases) and many more and I would like to run them at highest possible setting, without delay, lag and etc.. (I'm proably a tyrical gamer  :lol:)

I'm a big fan of Linus and his team :)

He speaks highly of his community :)

Thank You :)

We need a budget and place

PC is Intel Core i5 6400, GIgabyte H170 Gaming 3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400Mhz ,Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB, WD Blue 1TB, NZXT S340, ASUS Geforce GTX 960. Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/793XNG. Graphics card choices don't always have to be dictated on performance. If you want the game stream and power consumption of the GTX 970 get that. If you want raw performance of the R9 390 get that. In the end we are all gamers, so what if your buddy gets an extra 5 fps? 

If you have a 780. You don't need to upgrade...

Throw in another 780 for SLI maybe?

You can get a 980ti or a Fury but I really don't see a point on upgrading at your point.

Get a SSD if you don't already, or get a new CPU depending on your specs.

Also, don't click on "submit thread" multiple times. It double posts.

I produce music!

well if you already have a 780 then really the only upgrades from Nvidia are a 980 & 980ti.

From AMD the 390x would be a bit of an upgrade, but not by much, the Fury or Fury X would be a good step up though.

Just depends on what resolution you are going to be playing at for gaming and how much GPU power and Vram you need for productivity type stuff you are going to be doing.

You could also just buy another 780 and SLI them, that would probably be the best value for money upgrade if your PSU can handle it.

We need a budget and place

I don't have a budget I wish to have the best and Mainly Gaming

If you have a 780. You don't need to upgrade...

Throw in another 780 for SLI maybe?

You can get a 980ti or a Fury but I really don't see a point on upgrading at your point.

Get a SSD if you don't already, or get a new CPU depending on your specs.

Also, don't click on "submit thread" multiple times. It double posts.

ok thank you, I will look into

But wish to a completely new build

I don't have a budget I wish to have the best and Mainly Gaming

Custom 980Ti.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO