Thoughts on AMD

Dimetime35c

I just treat him as one of the wandering PC peasants from the time of the first Xbox. Because back then the Xbox was better for gaming than even more expensive PC (I should know, my PC performed a hell of a lot worse than my Xbox-and it had newer components). Now on the otherhand, consoles blow compared to PC of the same or similar cost.

That P3 machine..........

Although Original Xboxs are like 30 bucks nowadays.

Back then buying a PC was way more expensive than a console to game.....It used to be put in disk and play. Now it's just pay money for a subscription to go online+games+additional things to even play a console.

If you wanna be technical, the PS1 and PS2 used a custom version of MIPS.

But the mindset of Microsoft and Sony had when developing these consoles, they were trying to aim for easy-to-develop PC-like hardware with PC-like APIs. Chances are, whatever Microsoft and Sony do next (or even Nintendo), it's gonna be x86-64 based consoles.

However, x86/x86-64 based CPU aren't actually as powerful as what you get with something such as the PowerPC based Cell processor inside the PS3-which is powerful enough to be used in supercomputers.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

If you wanna be technical, the PS1 and PS2 used a custom version of MIPS.

But the mindset of Microsoft and Sony had when developing these consoles, they were trying to aim for easy-to-develop PC-like hardware with PC-like APIs. Chances are, whatever Microsoft and Sony do next (or even Nintendo), it's gonna be x86-64 based consoles.

Does Nintendo use AMD chips? Maybe AMD can make some profit on the NX too.

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

That P3 machine..........

Although Original Xboxs are like 30 bucks nowadays.

Back then buying a PC was way more expensive than a console to game.....It used to be put in disk and play. Now it's just pay money for a subscription to go online+games+additional things to even play a console.

Which is why I love my Xbox. I can choose to either play off disc (games and movies), or just install/copy them to the HDD and use my Xbox as a truely convienient and fun gaming console that also doubles as a region free DVD player/media center. My Xbox itself cost $50 (my first one is in storage to preserve it, the only time I ever pre-ordered something), which at current prices has well over $700 worth of games on its 250GB HDD (still working on getting an IDE-SATA adapter and a high quality 2TB HDD).

PMSL

Does Nintendo use AMD chips? Maybe AMD can make some profit on the NX too.

Nope, Nintendo doesn't at the moment. http://www.nintendo.com.au/wii-u-hardware-features-specifications

PMSL

Well it's the only true console that can run at 60FPS anyway......

Nintendo never lost sight as to the true purpose of a console, just inserting the disc and having fun.

PMSL

Hmm...

That's not the CPU which is what I was talking about, the first Xbox for example used an Nvidia GPU, the 360 used a PowerPC based CPU and Ati graphics-just like the PS3.

PMSL

However, x86/x86-64 based CPU aren't actually as powerful as what you get with something such as the PowerPC based Cell processor inside the PS3-which is powerful enough to be used in supercomputers.

But didn't devs like not take advantage of the full power of the cell processor ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Don't circlejerk, consoles have some 1080P 60FPS games. That why I get mad when PCMR says PC Gaming is "1080P 60FPS". People should start moving towards 1080P 144hz and 1440P as a standard, the maintream GPU's like 970/R9 390 are already "overkill" for 1080 60FPS.

Never seen most of the thread anyway.......

Consoles do have 1080P 60FPS games, but their hardware specs were already lacking to even play at 1080P 60FPS so their locked down to 30FPS and watered graphics(Xbox One and PS4).

Although it's only the Wii U game pad that was at 60FPS and not the monitor.

Don't circlejerk, consoles have some 1080P 60FPS games. That why I get mad when PCMR says PC Gaming is "1080P 60FPS". People should start moving towards 1080P 144hz and 1440P as a standard, the maintream GPU's like 970/R9 390 are already "overkill" for 1080 60FPS.

From what we can believe from AMD/Nvidia Pascal/Artic Island series will be the most important leap in GPU history... maybe people will finally upgrade their monitors too.

And the Pisspoor and Xbone aren't true consoles compared to all of the previous ones.

PMSL

But didn't devs like not take advantage of the full power of the cell processor ?

The only downside to the Cell processor was the fact that programing for it was a bit more difficult than previous consoles.

PMSL

And the Pisspoor and Xbone aren't true consoles compared to all of the previous ones.

Just like COD, rip everything after PS2/Original Xbox

Open your eyes and break your chains. Console peasantry is just a state of mind.

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Never seen most of the thread anyway.......

Consoles do have 1080P 60FPS games, but their hardware specs were already lacking to even play at 1080P 60FPS so their locked down to 30FPS and watered graphics(Xbox One and PS4).

Although it's only the Wii U game pad that was at 60FPS and not the monitor.

On that note, I'm getting a 5 RCA component cable for my Xbox and an active 5 RCA to HDMI converter-1080i (1920x1080 @ 30Hz, with interlacing to simulate 60Hz) from the original Xbox and compatibility with modern screens (that don't have a composite input)..

PMSL

Just like COD, rip everything after PS2/Original Xbox

What.....?

PMSL

Nintendo never lost sight as to the true purpose of a console, just inserting the disc and having fun.

Yes, like I don't get it when they go use it as a media center watch netflix.... I'm like it's a freaking console it's for gaming it's not a mediabox. That's why I like the PS2 so much but PS4 titles are so good ;_;.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Yes, like I don't get it when they go use it as a media center watch netflix.... I'm like it's a freaking console it's for gaming it's not a mediabox. That's why I like the PS2 so much but PS4 titles are so good ;_;.

Which PS4 titles? 5 games?

- Bloodborne

- Driveclub

- Uncharted

- The Order 1886 (can't really call it a game)

- Killzone

That's it right? Did I miss something? Some indies ?

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

On that note, I'm getting a 5 RCA component cable for my Xbox and an active 5 RCA to HDMI converter-1080i (1920x1080 @ 30Hz, with interlacing to simulate 60Hz) from the original Xbox and compatibility with modern screens (that don't have a composite input)..

I have a PS2, can play it in 1080i but the screen goes weird..... 

I think part of the problem with the PS2 is the fact that its got a weaker GPU than the Xbox, which means it starts to struggle earlier. *sigh* I love old consoles (but not the PS2 slim-you can't do jack shit with it compared to the Original PS2).

PMSL

I think part of the problem with the PS2 is the fact that its got a weaker GPU than the Xbox, which means it starts to struggle earlier. *sigh* I love old consoles (but not the PS2 slim-you can't do jack shit with it compared to the Original PS2).

Funny how this thread ended up to old generation consoles.......

Which PS4 titles? 5 games?

- Bloodborne

- Driveclub

- Uncharted

- The Order 1886 (can't really call it a game)

- Killzone

That's it right? Did I miss something? Some indies ?

what's your point ?

Mine are

1. Bloodborne.

2. Infamous Second Son.

3. Infamous First Light.

4. Destiny.

Those are exclusives but I have other games that I prefer playing on PS4 like Sportsfriends, Nidhogg, PES, FIFA.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Yeah and around this time some mod comes and close the thread instead of leaving us circlejerk :(

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

Mine are

1. Bloodborne.

2. Infamous Second Son.

3. Infamous First Light.

4. Destiny.

Those are exclusives but I have other games that I prefer playing on PS4 like Sportsfriends, Nidhogg, PES, FIFA.

Gta V? Witcher 3? Battlefield ? Etc?

Since you don't have those on Steam, do you have them on PS4 or not at all?

MSI 980Ti + Acer XB270HU 

I play my PS2 with a Panasonic CRT TV.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Its better than talking about how badly AMD has been doing since buying Ati and their debt.

PMSL