Soon to build rig, opinions xD

Bruu Betyr

Hey, am about to build my first PC, let me know what you think?

Here are the components:

-Intel Core i5-4690K

-Asus GeForce GTX 970

-MSI Z97 PC Mate

-8GB Kingston HyperX Fury Memory

-Kingston 120GB SSDNow

-WD 1TB Blue SATA

-EVGA 500W White

-CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo CPU Cooler

-Samsung 24x DVD Writer SATA

-Windows Home 10 64bit

-Corsair Carbide 100r Case

-For the monitor (since i'm not doing any competitive gaming) i was thinking of buying an IPS monitor with 60hz. I was thinking of either one of these two: http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/model/UM.HG7EE.001     or        http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/model/UM.HX2EE.A01  .

Since i don't have tones of extra money to spend, don't suggest anything over £320.

PS: Is 60hz on a monitor okay for running games like CSGO, Rocket League and other steam games smoothly???

What do you guys think of the setup? 

You got all these good components then you cheap out on the PSU? Please get something better,

Seasonic, XFX, EVGA B2 g2 or GS.

Oh the SSD is crap. Get a Crucial BX100 or Samsung 850 Evo. You won't regret it.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

The SSD isn't that great, might what to get something better.

The power supply is something you don't what to cheap out on because if it brakes, it can take all your components with it.

1440p is a bit much for a 970 so I think the second monitor would be better.

CPU: 6600K @ 4.6Ghz | COOLER: H100i GTX | MOBO: Asus Z170 AR | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB | 

CASE: Corsair 760T | PSU: Corsair RM750x | STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & Seagate 2TB | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB | MOUSE: Deathadder Elite

You got all these good components then you cheap out on the PSU? Please get something better,

Seasonic, XFX, EVGA B2 g2 or GS.

Oh the SSD is crap. Get a Crucial BX100 or Samsung 850 Evo. You won't regret it.

Thanks, changed them out with the EVGA G2 and a 120gb Samsung 850 Evo. What do you think?

The SSD isn't that great, might what to get something better.

The power supply is something you don't what to cheap out on because if it brakes, it can take all your components with it.

1440p is a bit much for a 970 so I think the second monitor would be better.

Is 60hz and 5ms enough for me to play games like Tf2, CSGO,Rocket League and other steam games smoothly without blurring or stuttering?

Thanks, changed them out with the EVGA G2 and a 120gb Samsung 850 Evo. What do you think?

Is 60hz and 5ms enough for me to play games like Tf2, CSGO,Rocket League and other steam games smoothly without blurring or stuttering?

After that the build is good. The MS part is all a marketing scheme so 5ms can look just as good as 1ms. Assuming 1080P? If so any 1080p IPS monitor will do. 60hz is enough and you could probably overclock the monitor to 75Hz which looks really,close to 120-144. Atleast to, ,e

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

Don't get a 1440p monitor with a gtx 970 and get a better psu.

|Intel Core i5-4670K| |Gigabyte Z97P-D3| |Seagate 1TB SSHD| |Fractal Design Define S| |Corsair CS650M| |Asus PB278Q| |Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Bundle|

Save a few dollars and get windows 7/8 and upgrade to windows 10?

~Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth - Oscar Wilde~

After that the build is good. The MS part is all a marketing scheme so 5ms can look just as good as 1ms. Assuming 1080P? If so any 1080p IPS monitor will do. 60hz is enough and you could probably overclock the monitor to 75Hz which looks really,close to 120-144. Atleast to, ,e

Ok thanks, helped alot!! And what do you think of the motherboard is it good enough to fit the speeds of my GPU and CPU?

If you're tight on money you don't NEED an aftermarket cooler unless you overclock, same with the 4690k. If you don't overclock, remove the aftermarket CPU cooler and Get the 4690 not the 4690k.

And have you considered Zalman cases? eg. Zalman z9 plus?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Save a few dollars and get windows 7/8 and upgrade to windows 10?

How is the ASUS Strix 970 working for you? 

How is the ASUS Strix 970 working for you? 

Works great 60fps+ on all games I've played with GeForce optimization on and off at 1080p

~Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth - Oscar Wilde~

If you're tight on money you don't NEED an aftermarket cooler unless you overclock, same with the 4690k. If you don't overclock, remove the aftermarket CPU cooler and Get the 4690 not the 4690k.

And have you considered Zalman cases? eg. Zalman z9 plus?

Im not that tight on money, and i need a pc that makes low-very low noise

And for a monitor, I would highly reccommend the Asus VX239H - 23", IPS, 5ms, 60Hz, speakers, and very affordable

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Works great 60fps+ on all games I've played with GeForce optimization on and off

What monitor?

If you want VERY quiet, then I'd suggest get a more powerful PSU. What you gain in quietness you lose a bit in efficiency but oh well

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

What monitor?

Some cheapo monitor I got locally at a bootleg computer shop

but it's 1080p 60hz 5ms response.. good enough I guess :/ 

One question.. What's your budget for all this?

If you want VERY quiet, then I'd suggest get a more powerful PSU. What you gain in quietness you lose a bit in efficiency but oh well

OP already said he/she will get a EVGA G2 and Samsung 850evo

Some cheapo monitor I got locally at a bootleg computer shop

but it's 1080p 60hz 5ms response.. good enough I guess :/

Nothing wrong with that.

The 5ms part ect ect is all marketing schemes.

60Hz you could overclock your monitor to 75Hz. The difference between 75-120 even Linus said is minimal.

OP already said he/she will get a EVGA G2 and Samsung 850

Im saving money and getting bits for BD and christmas, so dont really know but want good reliable parts

Nothing wrong with that.

The 5ms part ect ect is all marketing schemes.

60Hz you could overclock your monitor to 75Hz. The difference between 75-120 even Linus said is minimal.

Tutorial :D?

Seriously check out the Asus VX239H! It is very good.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tutorial :D?

Make a topic in the monitor sub forums. I don't know how but people,on the forums have.

OP already said he/she will get a EVGA G2 and Samsung 850evo

Really, the pc should be under £850

And monitor i think £320

Really, the pc should be under £850

And monitor i think £320

Woah you can do better then this for that price. Do,you want a specific color scheme?