how to maintain 60fps with my GTX 980ti&4790K with witcher 3?

saiftech

ok i know with my pc spec GTX 980ti and 4790k i can get 80+ or 100+ easy but what i want is to make the game at MAX setting the 2 settings that is most importent to me is the 1440p and hairworks so other then lowering these setting is there another way to MAX up the setting with out lowering the Res and hairworks? and do you guys notice any difference between hairworks AA?

which setting should I lower to maintain 50+fps I dislike it when it drops at 49fps or less

ok i know with my pc spec GTX 980ti and 4790k i can get 80+ or 100+ easy but what i want is to make the game at MAX setting the 2 settings that is most importent to me is the 1440p and hairworks so other then lowering these setting is there another way to MAX up the setting with out lowering the Res and hairworks? and do you guys notice any difference between hairworks AA?

which setting should I lower to maintain 50+fps I dislike it when it drops at 49fps or less

You can't. Hair works is still poorly optimised or just too intensive. 

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Just turn off Hairworks it's pointless and kills fps

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

Just turn off Hairworks it's pointless and kills fps

like i said i dont want to lower hairworks i wanna lower something else is there any other thing that kills the fps in the game?

Turn down the graphics, duh :P Hairworks costs me about 10FPS when i play the Witcher 3 so if you REALLY want to maintain 60FPS id say turn that down, or lower other graphical settings.

like i said i dont want to lower hairworks i wanna lower something else is there any other thing that kills the fps in the game?

Yes but hairworks is the only problem once you turn off that 60fps is easy. It's makes little to no difference with hairworks off anyways and you're not really specific as to what settings you run at anyways.

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

At 1440p AA is less of an issue, so 2x AA is really all you'll need so turning the down is an option if you haven't already. Hair works really is poorly optimised and very intensive for what it is - personally I'd just turn it off and drop the AA to 2x as tearing isn't as much of a problem at 1440p and 4k.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

use MFAA if youre using MSAA

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I have always 60+fps with heavy tweaked witcher 3 in 1440p and HW off. HW is so bad optimized, its not worth it.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

I mean, IMO hairworks makes Gerald's hair worse.

But in response to the OP, none of the settings seems to make a real impact on FPS, except maybe foliage distance or whatever it's called, I'd lower that to high

I set hairworks to the second setting "geralt and monsters" i believe..
So the important stuff has hairworks, and I still get to run 1440p.
I average right at 60fps with 970sli. Should be semi similar lol

Higher frame rate over higher resolution.

CPU-i5 4690k -GPU-MSI 970 sli -Mobo-MSI g45 gaming -Memory-16gb crucial ballistix -PSU- EVGA 80+ gold g2 850w -Case- corsair 200r

Monitors- Acer XB240H, Asus ROG Swift, Dell P2815Q 2160p  -Keyboard- Corsair k70 RGB -Mouse- Corsair M65 -Mouse Pad- Glorious Extended Pad -Headphone- BeyerDynamic DT990 250ohm, Senheiser HD 518, Fiio E10k

I can run it around 45-50 FPS with everything maxed, hairworks on 2xMSAA, 1920x1200 with my old GTX 780.

It stutter a bit and sometimes have a framdrop, but, still acceptable. Not a big framedrop anyway.

I run 60fps on everything ultra, even hairworks at 2x MSAA but with shadows on low (there is no visibility difference) and density in high. I even get to keep hbao+ on. With mods. Although with my "cutscene lighting mod" I lose about 7 fps.

On a 970.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

The quality you'd lose lowering other settings to keep Hairworks isn't worth the tradeoff.

I run 1440p on a GTX 980 and i5-4690k with hairworks and chromatic abbrasion off (it's mild, but can't stand it in games). Everything else is set to Ultra except foilage distance, which is on high.

I maintain 50-60fps at all times, rarely dipping down to 45fps. With G-sync this is smooth as I need it.

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP