[Rumor] Microsoft to launch Xbox One Mini in October

Bouzoo

Alas, Microsoft is dumb.

How so? This rumour is just that - a rumour. All Microsoft previous "Mini" or "small form factor" console revisions have kept the optical drive in place.

Perhaps this will be different - but I wouldn't bet on it until I saw hard proof.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

How so? This rumour is just that - a rumour. All Microsoft previous "Mini" or "small form factor" console revisions have kept the optical drive in place.

Perhaps this will be different - but I wouldn't bet on it until I saw hard proof.

Eh, I know it's a rumor but it seriously wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft did exactly this. Wouldn't be too hard to follow Sony and do this:

gaming-ps2-slim.jpg

So now the Xbox One is not even good enough for blu-rays? That's like the only reason I would have considered buying one.

So now the Xbox One is not even good enough for blu-rays? That's like the only reason I would have considered buying one.

Rest assured, that Microsoft will still produce an XBox One that has a Blu-Ray player.

This is more like compared a Wii to a Wii Mini - The Wii Mini lacks a lot of the features of the full sized Wii, including GameCube backwards compatibility (The best feature!)

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I think the Blu-Ray player being removed won't happen. Backwards compatibility is on of their latest announcements and features and is launching in 'fall'. If they release a console without a drive into which you can put your 360 games then it eats into too much of the USPs for having an Xbox.

Unless plugin USB drives work?

I may remember wrong, but I think I read articles about PS4 throttling and having heating issues (even though I had no problem with mine, neither do I know anyone that does have them. It would get really hot but no throttling).

Also there was the Xbox One designer that claimed it was fat for better cooling (I think this was even discussed on WAN show).

I know my ps4 gets loud things so hard to clean with the vents being at an angle. In the wrong conditions I could definitely see the ps4 throttling a bunch of my friends had throttling issued on their ps3s after a few years

MS managed to shrink the consoles APU making it more efficient and more powerful, 30% more powerful and 25% more efficient to be specific

yay for performance parity between consoles

What the hell is the point of getting rid of the Blu-Ray drive? People use it and it doesn't take up that much space.

I'm assuming it's so Microsoft can cut retail stores out of the equation by using digital downloads, making the margin on games even better. They say it's for space but I'd imagine it's more of a middle finger to places like Gamestop.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I'm assuming it's so Microsoft can cut retail stores out of the equation by using digital downloads, making the margin on games even better. They say it's for space but I'd imagine it's more of a middle finger to places like Gamestop.

You know, I don't doubt that.