bought harddrive from amazon and it came only inside a plastic rap in a random brown box.

Bishop235

Alright so as the title states I got my harddrive today and I open the prime box to find another brown box holding a plastic rap with the harddrive inside. I'm alittle bit upset not sure if I should return it but that means waiting for another one to come so I wont be able to build my new pc until it does. It was shipped by amazon and sold by amazon llc. O and just for verification it was "new".

Cant check yet still waiting for a few components to come.

that's how they usualy are/

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Did you buy it from amazon or a seller on amazon? Check and make sure first because it doesn't always select amazon by default. 

It's normal.

They're seldom shipped in a proper box and usually just get shipped in plastic wrap and a generic brown box. If it's padded, though, it should be perfectly fine.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

Yes silver bag looks just like that what do you mean I didn buy a retail boxed one

You mean like this?

200pcs-lot-Packaging-6x10CM-Anti-Static-

That's how all my HDDs came in.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Yep exactly like that it but inside a random brown box not the retail seagate box.

Yep exactly like that it but inside a random brown box not the retail seagate box.

That is normal. I've gotten numerous drives from Amazon in a unbranded box. The bag is just an antistatic bag to protect the drive.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

All the hard drives have come in an anti-static bag and some weird air-cushioning substance (like bubble wrap but air bubbles different shape and much thicker) without manufacturer boxing or anything, so I think this is normal. Correct me if I'm wrong though  :)

Ok thank you all then. Just wanted to ask the forums to see if this was normal or not.

That would be called OEM packaging. It's how the drives are sent to computer manufacturers, and if you buy an OEM drive, how it is shipped to you. It's my preferred packaging. 2x dead retail drives, 5x live OEM drives. Only every ordered 7, call it coincidence, call it fate. I'll stick to OEM myself.

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

Alright so as the title states I got my harddrive today and I open the prime box to find another brown box holding a plastic rap with the harddrive inside. I'm alittle bit upset not sure if I should return it but that means waiting for another one to come so I wont be able to build my new pc until it does. It was shipped by amazon and sold by amazon llc. O and just for verification it was "new".

If it's OEM it most likely won't come in retail packaging. About 90% of the things I order from Amazon come in bags and boxes without any branding whatsoever

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

You mean like this?

200pcs-lot-Packaging-6x10CM-Anti-Static-

That's how all my HDDs came in.

Same here.

Desktop 1: CPU: Intel Core i7 4770  GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 Ram: Crucial DDR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB and Segate 1TB Hard drive  Desktop 2: CPU: Intel Pentium G3258  GPU: AMD R7 250  Ram: Corsair Vengance DRR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Mobo: MSI H81M-E33  PSU: Corsair CX430M  Case: Rosewill MicroAtx Mini Tower

Alright so I ha e verified and it certainly is listed as a bare drive so I really appreciate those that said it. Thank you all I was just confused a bit. Still a bit weird how it got shipped with no bubble wrap or anything though.

They usually offer an option of normal retail box and then the hassle free option. It's not a big deal. Did it come like this? 

harddrive_shipping_goodbox-100375428-ori

Did you buy the OEM edition?

And did you buy it from Amazon? Or off of amazon?