Google makes its own 200$ wireless router - OnHub

GoodBytes

hmm this is great but I like DD-WRT, open-WRT, and Tomato too much. Guess im just too hardcore for this.

this comes from google, someone out there will reverse engineer the shit out of it to put whatever software you can fit into that 4gb drive, which i'm guessing its going to be a lot

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

This seems like an interesting idea but I think I'd be more likely to get it for my parents than myself. But honestly, I can't think of the last time my router was the problem for internet connectivity; it's almost always because of my ISP. I'd rather get one for like $100 for my parents that doesn't have a ton of bells and whistles but has that easy to use interface.

But does your router run Gentoo Linux?

You reminded me of.. oh God... this.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

my question, why does it need a dual core and a gig of ram? how much processing dorouters do?

iptables for IPv6 take up a ton of memory relative to iptables for IPv4. Add firewall rules for IPv6 and local DNS caching and the total number of device the router supports along with the advertised throughput.  A dual core and 1 gig of ram isn't all that outrageous.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

• 3 weeks later...

Will probably buy this when it gets released.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

lets keep it simple and have a phone involved with wireless communications across a 2.4ghz band network? How did they get away with that. This device is dumb. id rather have "blinking lights" at least you know the damn thing is on.

10/10 would buy to help google monopolize internet industry.

better google than current isps

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*