965 BE @ 4GHz

Jay123

I couldn't find anything as plain as this anywhere else so here goes. To get a Phenom II x4 965BE to 4070MHz simply change your settings to the ones shown in the picture, using BIOS is preferable but Overdrive should work.

My temps have gone from 48-50 degrees C and it is stable after 12 hours of prime95. You may be able to push it too around 4.2GHz but I won't be.

I posted this because this is exactly what I was looking for on my first OC.

Hope this helps someone :)

"An Excellent Signature"

Stock or Aftermarket cooler and which hone

Matt Key

@SlickKey

Got mine to 3.6 on stock going to upgrade soon though

Matt Key

@SlickKey

I used a RocketFish twin 92MM Fan,, 3 direct touch heatpipe cooler to keep my 955BE at 38~50 Degrees Under Load (Depending on ambiant temps) for two Strait years.

When i switched to the H80 that temp dropped to 28~40 Degrees. All while running at 4.2Ghz.

I used a RocketFish twin 92MM Fan,, 3 direct touch heatpipe cooler to keep my 955BE at 38~50 Degrees Under Load (Depending on ambiant temps) for two Strait years.

When i switched to the H80 that temp dropped to 28~40 Degrees. All while running at 4.2Ghz.

If your temps 38~50 at 4.2GHz with your RocketFish, why did you bother upgrading to a H80?

"An Excellent Signature"

Even with the stock cooling I got 61 degrees with this OC in a fairly hot room.

"An Excellent Signature"

If your temps 38~50 at 4.2GHz with your RocketFish' date=' why did you bother upgrading to a H80?[/quote']

well for no other reason than going under water.

and i knew my temps would drop.

I don't really suggest using AMD overdrive for overclocking.If you are a moron like me and forget to turn off apply at boot you will have to load into windows through safe mode and change it.

This is not a tutorial.

All Cpu's require different settings in their bios to get a stable overclock. It's just the impurities in silicon manufacturing.

1 system may be stable at 4ghz with 1.4v and 1 may not, it comes down to the luck of the silicone lottery.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

I don't really suggest using AMD overdrive for overclocking. If you push it too hard and it will not boot u will have to load into window through safe mode and change it.

While I agree to not use AMD overdrive, this is simply not a valid reason why. If you have ANY sense while using over drive, you only set it to apply settings on boot AFTER you've validated that it's stable. Why would you tell it to set on boot while you're testing? Seems counter productive to me. But anyway, still not a good tool - you can get much more solid overclocks that start at boot by using the BIOS. You also tend to have better, tighter control over the settings. It's sometimes nice for a quick adjustment to the settings, but to actually overclock, its a pain. Especially when you're trying to max out your overclock, as you have to wait for the machine to boot allllll the way into windows rather than 1 second to get into the BIOS when you over do the overclock.

I don't really suggest using AMD overdrive for overclocking. If you push it too hard and it will not boot u will have to load into window through safe mode and change it.

While I agree to not use AMD overdrive, this is simply not a valid reason why. If you have ANY sense while using over drive, you only set it to apply settings on boot AFTER you've validated that it's stable. Why would you tell it to set on boot while you're testing? Seems counter productive to me. But anyway, still not a good tool - you can get much more solid overclocks that start at boot by using the BIOS. You also tend to have better, tighter control over the settings. It's sometimes nice for a quick adjustment to the settings, but to actually overclock, its a pain. Especially when you're trying to max out your overclock, as you have to wait for the machine to boot allllll the way into windows rather than 1 second to get into the BIOS when you over do the overclock.

I am sorry, I meant to add the apply at boot. my bad.

This is not a tutorial. All Cpu's require different settings in their bios to get a stable overclock. It's just the impurities in silicon manufacturing. 1 system may be stable at 4ghz with 1.4v and 1 may not' date=' it comes down to the luck of the silicone lottery.[/quote']

I know, I just wasn't sure where to put it.

"An Excellent Signature"

I don't really suggest using AMD overdrive for overclocking.If you are a moron like me and forget to turn off apply at boot you will have to load into windows through safe mode and change it.

I know, BIOS is always better

"An Excellent Signature"

This is not a tutorial. All Cpu's require different settings in their bios to get a stable overclock. It's just the impurities in silicon manufacturing. 1 system may be stable at 4ghz with 1.4v and 1 may not' date=' it comes down to the luck of the silicone lottery.[/quote']

Sure that is 100% true, but this will give some kind of a kick start. Maybe someone tries these settings and it will work for them, who knows.

=

Really im only at 58 degrees. well i guess it is winter here that could make a difference at 3.7 now

Matt Key

@SlickKey

I have that 955 be. might try OC'ing anytime soon, as I have a somewhat cheaper cooler i'll see if it can handle 3800 first

Tried Overdrive but that might not be the way to go.

in other news. i also found out that my HD6770 is not very stable at 900MHz ( Visual glitches, Visual glitches everywhere)

AMD Phenom II x4 955 - Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 - XFX HD7870 CORE - 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 - 1 TB Western Digital Green - 1 TB Hitachi DeskStar

OCZ ModXstream 600W - 16 GB Corsair XMS3 - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - Logitech G110 - Speedlink Kudos - Sennheiser HD 518

Steam The reason I am still alive Dark Theme

I've got a 955 BE clocked at 4.22Ghz With 34-53c temps. (Noctua NH-D14) Could probably get it a bit faster but can't be bothered as I'm already getting an extra 32% out of it. (205x20.5 1.4v)

should i be able to get reasonable temps for 3.8~4.0 ghz from an H70 in push?

Yeah like some people have said it depends on which piece you get. I have a 965 and I need 1.49 volts to make mine comp stable =( This helps to give you a ball park area on the voltage and stuff.