Mac? Or PC? Just for Productivity.

LNW

What would you choose from a productivity standpoint, a Mac? Or a PC? Both would be the same performance, but let's say you didn't need to worry about price. Just based on OS, and software availability. Curious to what you think.

Purely just out of curiosity. Not buying anything.

Productivity being photo/video editing, or content creation.

Macs are PCs...

Are you talking about Windows?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Macs are PCs...

Are you talking about Windows?

Basically Windows, or Mac OSX

i would choose windows for its hardware and osx for operating system

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

What would I choose?
PC.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Windows because most things are compatible with it.

CPU: I7 4790k  CPU Cooler: NH-D15 GPUMSI 970 4gb   Motherboard: z97 Gaming 5 PSU: Corsair hx850   Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8 gb  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo  Case: Air 540

What would you choose from a productivity standpoint, a Mac? Or a PC? Both would be the same performance, but let's say you didn't need to worry about price. Just based on OS, and software availability. Curious to what you think.

Purely just out of curiosity. Not buying anything.

Productivity being photo/video editing, or content creation.

People say macs are better for editing, but really not. 

Desktop 1: CPU: Intel Core i7 4770  GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 Ram: Crucial DDR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB and Segate 1TB Hard drive  Desktop 2: CPU: Intel Pentium G3258  GPU: AMD R7 250  Ram: Corsair Vengance DRR3 2x8GB 1600 MHz  Mobo: MSI H81M-E33  PSU: Corsair CX430M  Case: Rosewill MicroAtx Mini Tower

PC, possibly with apple OS (whatever the hell it's called) if you for some reason absolutely need it.

Why? Because a custom built PC will be far cheaper, and have far better hardware than anything apple actually makes.

Edit: Didn't realize the question.

Updated answer: Linux. Why? Because it's far more capable than windows or OSX, not to mention having more software, and the ability to run software from both windows and OSX

Also because of freeware, and the ability to alter software more easily. (think I'm wrong? Just ask yourself why the majority of the internet is run on Linux)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

PC, possibly with apple OS (whatever the hell it's called) if you for some reason absolutely need it.

Why? Because a custom built PC will be far cheaper, and have far better hardware than anything apple actually makes.

Regardless of price. It doesn't necessarily mean prebuilt, or built yourself. This is mostly a comparison for the OS's

window is just full of bugs and it slows down badly soo badly with time.. OXS all the way for productivity!

The blood on to your heart start pumping faster when you notice me.

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.

Most all video editing programs run on mac, but being able to build the pc helps a lot with performance with whatever you are doing. Mac for the compatibility. Windows for the performance.

Updated answer: Linux. Why? Because it's far more capable than windows or OSX, not to mention having more software, and the ability to run software from both windows and OSX

If you're doing anything serious with computers, then you'll probably be using Linux.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Windows with Hackintosh (if Hackintosh is not possible for you / you don't want to do it, then only windows).

Spoiler

|| Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 || i5 3570 @3.5GHz || Zalman CNPS10X Optima || 8GB RAM HyperX Fury Blue @ 1600MHz || Thermaltake Berlin 630W || Zalman Z11 || Gainward Phantom GTX 970 || 120GB Kingston V300  (Gift) + 1TB  WD Green

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8

Tablet: iPad Mini 2

I'm still of the opinion that Windows is faster to navigate through because of its powerful, flexible UI and faster/disabled animations. Yes, OS X is more intuitive, but intuitiveness is not a factor when you know both OSes inside and out. 

Windows with Hackintosh (if Hackintosh is not possible for you / you don't want to do it, then only windows).

Most all video editing programs run on mac, but being able to build the pc helps a lot with performance with whatever you are doing. Mac for the compatibility. Windows for the performance.

I agree..I think the hardware of a PC, and the OS of a Mac, make a great mix for productivity.

Mac pro.

"In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity."
- Albert Einstein

Regardless of price. It doesn't necessarily mean prebuilt, or built yourself. This is mostly a comparison for the OS's

I edited my post

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Also keep in mind that many who say OS X is faster than Windows are given a false impression due to HDDs/SDDs. 

If you're using 1 screen, OS X. If you're using 2 screens or more, Windows 8.1