Heaven Society - Week 56 (Shirobako)

Ooh ... I might watch this ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

I finished this show like 3 days ago, it was great.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

I watched Shirobako as it aired (more or less). It's a tad over-rated, but it's enjoyable overall (a bit repetitive and tiresome, but has some nice moments to make up for it). I'd rather not be harsh on it, because I'd like the studio (PA Works) to keep aiming higher, and Shirobako is right up there with Uchouten Kazoku as their best efforts to date.

Half way through the first episode, still not sure what is going on...
The beginning left me thinking that I may have missed a lot of backstory somewhere, then it suddenly skipped 25 years... Followed by a car race for some reason. After that, it's all animator mumbo jumbo and the stress of doing animation on a deadline...

Then the episode finishes with somewhat of a cliffhanger...

Not sure if I'm actually going to keep watching it. I'm still utterly confused by the "story" so far but I can't say I hated it. It was good for what I've seen at least and I can definitely see the appeal, especially if you actually understand what they are talking about. (Which I don't)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

The beginning left me thinking that I may have missed a lot of backstory somewhere, then it suddenly skipped 25 years... Followed by a car race for some reason. Then it's all animator mumbo jumbo and the stress of animation on a deadline...

Not sure if I'm actually going to keep watching it. I'm still utterly confused by the "story" so far but I can't say I hated it. It was "good" for what I've seen so far.

ummm the story kind of fills in the more you watch as most things do.

ummm the story kind of fills in the more you watch as most things do.

Guess so, still hate it when they do that. I like when they actually introduce you to the characters and take the time to explains stuff in the first episodes instead of just shoving everything in your face with a "you'll figure it out as you watch more episodes". But the anime that do that are rare I guess.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

great anime, lovely character development and it gives a nice knowledge of how the anime industry works. 100% recommend

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

The beginning left me thinking that I may have missed a lot of backstory somewhere, then it suddenly skipped 25 years... Followed by a car race for some reason. After that, it's all animator mumbo jumbo and the stress of doing animation on a deadline...

Not sure if I'm actually going to keep watching it. I'm still utterly confused by the "story" so far but I can't say I hated it. It was good for what I've seen at least and I can definitely see the appeal, especially if you actually understand what they are talking about. (Which I don't)

I thought it was pretty straight forward for the most part.

I have a feeling I should watch this...

Didn't get notified but it's k because I pay attention winkwink

I liked Shirobako all the way up until a certain point mid-season where something disgusting turned me off it. I won't go into detail, but at some point they (PA Works) soap box their own practices through the show to raise sympathy/ excuse themselves. Wanted to vomit.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I liked Shirobako all the way up until a certain point mid-season where something disgusting turned me off it. I won't go into detail, but at some point they (PA Works) soap box their own practices through the show to raise sympathy/ excuse themselves. Wanted to vomit.

The way they glorify their crap writing and pandering was probably the most eye-opening thing about the series.

Not bad so far. A bit repetitive as Bash said. Like a more "real" Bakuman. Also working in Japan does look really tireing (heared and read that a lot, corperate slave etc.).

Also Emas dance is the best scene :)

// programmers paradox

try { return true; } finally { return false; }

I'd like you to go into detail, I don't know what you mean by that.

Oh, I can find this in my local Crunhy. Nice! Might actually watch this one :)

A bit late but hey... better late than never right?

@Remilia

Yes, indeed, better late than never.  :ph34r:

Quite nice song, it reminded me a lot of Liz Triangle's version.

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!

After first episode I could say that I'm going to watch at least few more episodes. Only thing that pisses me off is same mouth design. There are barley any  difference between few characters expect for hair style, similar to Jormugand.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

interesting statement

yes... yes you should

alright what am I searching for now? Im a bit disconnected :P

nvm, nvm lol its in the title.

alright what am I searching for now? Im a bit disconnected :P

nvm, nvm lol its in the title.

god damn it prof this is a thread for the anime you are asking about lol

god damn it prof this is a thread for the anime you are asking about lol

So I basically checked out due to work and other things. Also freaking DDOSers have taken away my tapatalk support!!!

So I just finished this. Was quite good. I have to wonder when this was placed time wise. I'm thinking it's go to be pre-2007 like 2005 maybe. This is just going off of what was used in production. Also the tapes used for the TV stations super dated it so it might be even older. On that note though don't think just because it's an tape that you can't get HD.

The most interesting thing to me probably was the Key Frames. One interesting thing is that when you encode or likely master there are key frames. I have to wonder if they have anything to do with one another. My guess is no but the terminology is likely close.